Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had FSD from the beginning but only used it occasionally. About 3 months ago I get a notice that FSD is no longer available on my MX with no explanation. That includes the enhanced optics showing FSD on the screen. I was told that at some point I may have FSD available again. But nothing yet. All of the other Autopilot features work fine. I never really saw the need for it but I did pay for it, so want it. As a Tesla owner since 2011 my former goodwill is rapidly dissipating.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Roll-out of 10.69.3.3 appears to be accelerating.
Roll-out of 10.69.25 appears to be accelerating
and only from previous FSDbeta level cars.

2eGIPWz.jpg

I've had FSD from the beginning but only used it occasionally. About 3 months ago I get a notice that FSD is no longer available on my MX with no explanation. That includes the enhanced optics showing FSD on the screen. I was told that at some point I may have FSD available again. But nothing yet. All of the other Autopilot features work fine. I never really saw the need for it but I did pay for it, so want it. As a Tesla owner since 2011 my former goodwill is rapidly dissipating.
do you have more than 1 profile?
If yes it just might be the settings turned off.
What Software are you on?

I'm not sure what "I was told" means in this context, but it sounds to me like your vehicle was locked out due to too many forced disengagements (red hands on wheel) and apparently, based on previous posts in this thread, they reset that account with some updates. Separately, I've seen other threads lately that indicate Tesla may have added the ability to detect defeat devices to newer builds. Maybe you "weren't paying enough attention" (read: couldn't convince your steering wheel or cabin camera [depending on model] that you were paying enough attention) or have a defeat device and got kicked out of FSD (take over immediately warning) enough times to trigger that lockout. Assuming that I am correct about the position you are in, it may be equally possible that another driver got kicked out of FSD (or perhaps even AP?) enough times to trigger the lockout.

So I got FSD beta v11 over the weekend, but I guess maybe this thread has died? Went straight from 10.69.25.2 to 11.3, FSD beta now runs on limited access highways, the graphics are slightly different (thick blue line is ugly, but it also tells you when it's going to drive on the center line amongst other things). Biggest change? It actually slows toward set speeds like it should. The graphics a,so appear to tell you more, like now you might be able to see how far out it is looking, for instance, if there are vehicles/signals beyond the undrivable patch in any direction, I suspect they are outside of the "planning area;" it also shows the traffic signals that it is using as blue while the ones for other traffic remain grey, there is a line for where it plans to stop, and indications about what it is doing show up across the top of the IC (in S & X) instead of in a toaster/badge notification. Based on a few typical drives, some maneuvers appear to work far better than they used to while other problem behaviors remain exactly the same. Interestingly, the recent recall is implemented in this version and it definitely stops now where you couldn't be sure if it would or not before, but it seems to have added some turn signaling events that shouldn't occur without resolving all of the turn signaling events which should occur but don't.

So I got FSD beta v11 over the weekend, but I guess maybe this thread has died? Went straight from 10.69.25.2 to 11.3, FSD beta now runs on limited access highways, the graphics are slightly different (thick blue line is ugly, but it also tells you when it's going to drive on the center line amongst other things). Biggest change? It actually slows toward set speeds like it should. The graphics a,so appear to tell you more, like now you might be able to see how far out it is looking, for instance, if there are vehicles/signals beyond the undrivable patch in any direction, I suspect they are outside of the "planning area;" it also shows the traffic signals that it is using as blue while the ones for other traffic remain grey, there is a line for where it plans to stop, and indications about what it is doing show up across the top of the IC (in S & X) instead of in a toaster/badge notification. Based on a few typical drives, some maneuvers appear to work far better than they used to while other problem behaviors remain exactly the same. Interestingly, the recent recall is implemented in this version and it definitely stops now where you couldn't be sure if it would or not before, but it seems to have added some turn signaling events that shouldn't occur without resolving all of the turn signaling events which should occur but don't.
nice normal ppl getting in now.
One thing I want is more advanced notification that its going to signal and change lanes like on the highway

Good report. Thanks.

Reactions: Bob Denny
Still waiting for the slo-mo rollout to reach Seattle! Yes, keep the thread alive!

@mxnym Excellent report. Thanks. I already had an “unfortunate” event this morning on my first drive after the update, at the very first intersection. Navigating to destination, T-stop in a quiet residential neighborhood, excellent visibility in all directions. It made a nice smooth stop at the stop-sign. Then it released the brakes, whipped the wheel left and right a couple of times, stomped on the brakes, then pulled right out in front of a car coming from the left. Hopes dashed again. (2020 Model X)

nice normal ppl getting in now.
One thing I want is more advanced notification that its going to signal and change lanes like on the highway
Normal?! You don't know me. 🤣 But yeah, advanced notice before lane changes would be great, least favorite thing about pre-v11 was how often it wanted to change for no apparent reason and I couldn't prevent the false signals.
@mxnym Excellent report. Thanks. I already had an “unfortunate” event this morning on my first drive after the update, at the very first intersection. Navigating to destination, T-stop in a quiet residential neighborhood, excellent visibility in all directions. It made a nice smooth stop at the stop-sign. Then it released the brakes, whipped the wheel left and right a couple of times, stomped on the brakes, then pulled right out in front of a car coming from the left. Hopes dashed again. (2020 Model X)
Definitely still very much beta, I have probably only avoided experiences like this by never letting it do stuff I don't know it's good at unless there are no cars around. IMO, aside from the hyper stuff like what you just described, it drives far too much like a human, doing many things wrong when it should be setting a better example instead of blending in.

Wow. I've rebooted the computer during a drive-- it fixes a weird software bug a year or so back where the car would no longer make any noises, i.e. no turn signal "click"-- but I've never seen it crash while driving.
In the original days of my 2018 Model 3 this would happen about once a month. Disconcerting the first time it happens but you get used to the minute long reboot cycle and the car drives just fine without the screen working.

Wow. I've rebooted the computer during a drive-- it fixes a weird software bug a year or so back where the car would no longer make any noises, i.e. no turn signal "click"-- but I've never seen it crash while driving.

I've seen it crash but it's rare.

Speaking of turn signals I've been having fairly common issue of the stereo going out when I flick the turn signal. A few seconds later it comes back, but it sounds hallow - like through a speaker poor quality speaker. I'm assuming the sub is still out because yet another few seconds later it sounds normal again.

Seems to happen at least once each drive.

Really annoying.

Report from acquaintance : Computer hard crash after first drive. Good thing it wasn't during the drive.
I'd recommend to your acquaintance that they open a ticket and have service force the firmware back down to the car to ensure there isn't some software corruption. If it happens again afterwards, the computer might need to be replaced.

On good and one bad experience from 69.25.2 yesterday-
The bad:
stopped at a stop sign to make an unprotected left onto a 2 lane undivided road. I have to wait for someone coming from my right making a left turn onto my road (They have no stop and have the right of way.) As the car’s making a left turn in front of me FSD decides to start creeping forward, potentially entering the path of the car turning left. Why do you creep forward when you can see that you have to wait?

The good:
Driving on a road with a small (3 ft) median when the car suddenly brakes. As I’m wondering why it stopped I notice 3 pedestrians in the crosswalk on the other side of the median. I’m pretty sure it annoyed the person behind me but the pedestrians had the right of way and FSD was absolutely correct in stopping.