Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only other thing that bothers me is that it doesn't drive the way I do but it never will.
It would be hard to mimick every driver. I think now the only choices are the 3 I've read about. I don't have FSD, but as I remember, the choices are Timid, Don't Care and Agressive. Maybe it should be Maximize Efficiency, Average Use and Aggresive.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Terminology, semantics, technicalities, all fun things that get argued about on the forums!
Developing a thorough understanding of the technicalities, terminology, and lexicon of a given field, while also considering the semantics, syntax, and pragmatics of language and drawing on the principles of linguistics, is crucial for effective terminology management in technical writing.

FWIW, I've never seen a voice prompt for any disengagement in my 2017 MX, ever. That feature might require newer hardware? In any case, I lost the camera snapshot button in 10.69.3.1 (late November), and it didn't come back with 11.3.2 or 11.3.3.
I haven’t had time to watch YouTube videos of V11.3.3 to see if someone like AI DRIVR with an S has the voice notes. Perhaps they’re only on newer cars…

Developing a thorough understanding of the technicalities, terminology, and lexicon of a given field, while also considering the semantics, syntax, and pragmatics of language and drawing on the principles of linguistics, is crucial for effective terminology management in technical writing.
I would like to develop a thorough understanding of what you just said!
Maybe you should be on the fsd development team 🤔

And yet you still don't know how to read TeslaFi data, or you just want to say it is "still rolling out" because there were ANY installs for any reason, but that would be disingenuous.

The installs that are happening are FROM the rollout, but they are not part of a currently continuing rollout. The rollout was stopped and not continued, but rollout is in the sense that some group of vehicles have been given permission to download and install 11.3.3. Since approx 3/27, no NEW "invitations" have been sent to other vehicles. Hence, the rollout has been stopped.

As of writing this post, there are ~180 pending installs(in various states of "pending"). Yesterday there were only 37 TeslaFi listed actual installations. 37 installs in one day compared to over 700 installs on 3/26 is not an indication that they are still "rolling out" 11.3.3.

But you keep your semantics/technicality game up! :rolleyes:

Do you stand under a tree after it has stopped raining and declare "see its STILL raining!" because there is water falling from the tree? Same thing here.
Yep, it's tailed off now .. congratulations. Though not entirely sure why it's so important to you that FSD shouldn't succeed?

I've been trying FSD V11 for about 2 weeks now (in the GTA (Toronto and surrounding areas) in Ontario), and honestly I've had to disable it. It drives better and worse than V10 & Autopilot. I have FSD set to agressive. Here are the problems I've experienced thus far:

1) considerable hesitation with lane changes on the highway, so much so, I've been honked at. FSD sometimes makes multiple attempts to change lanes, but I end up having to take over since it hesitates so long. For example, on a busy highway, when you want to change lanes, it's pretty quick. If you signal and you don't change lanes, you're implying to the other driver that you're letting them pass you first before you change lanes. Since FSD hesitates so long to change lanes after signalling, I've gotten into situations where it has engaged and cancelled the signal multiple times because other drivers think I'm letting them pass. I mean it's a difference betwen 10 seconds and 5 seconds, or something like that, but it's causing a lot of confusion with other drivers.

2) somestimes FSD will not signal when changing lanes into and out of merging lanes (highway or streets)

3) on streets and highways FSD seems to want to go to the end of the merging lane and then change lanes to merge. If it can't merge at the end of the merging lane, it'll keep driving onto the shoulder and try merging. Maybe this is how other places do it, but here (in Ontario), it's illegal to drive on the shoulder, and usually you merge onto the regular lanes at the first opportunity. If there is none, you stop at the end of the merge lane.

4) It's done a bunch of lane changes in an intersection which is illegal in Ontario

5) when turning left, FSD will stear to the right a bit and then left. This confuses other the drivers to the right of me since it looks like I'm attempting to turn right instead of left

6) FSD seems to bias to the other side of the lane away from trucks, sometimes unecessarily. If the lane is straight, that gets a bit uncomfortable since there may be traffic on my other side.... or a wall, which I'd prefer not to get any closer if I don't have to

7) I've blown through a 2 stop signs, obviously illegal

8) Can't seem to cancel lane changes, it says to press the signal button (I have a Model X), but when I do, it either re-enables the signal soon after, or there was a small window of opportunity to cancel a lane change and I missed it.

So there are just the problems I've had, I'm not saying FSD is crap, I know I signed up for early access beta, just pointing out some of the issues I've noticed.
Hopefully someone at Tesla reads these boards, I'm not sure how else to get this info to them. The car does ask you to comment why you disengage FSD, but you can only do that by tugging on the steering wheel. There doesn't seem to be a way to make a note about FSD's performance if it does something that doesn't require tugging the steering wheel (ie. blowing through stop signs, failing to signal lange changes, or signaling for a lane change that isn't necessary or not valid).

I've given it 2 weeks, but I've had to turn FSD off and go back to Autopilot only.

The same route to and from work, around 30 km one way usually requires 3-4 interventions.

--
S.Lam

I've been trying FSD V11 for about 2 weeks now (in the GTA (Toronto and surrounding areas) in Ontario), and honestly I've had to disable it. It drives better and worse than V10 & Autopilot. I have FSD set to agressive. Here are the problems I've experienced thus far:

1) considerable hesitation with lane changes on the highway, so much so, I've been honked at. FSD sometimes makes multiple attempts to change lanes, but I end up having to take over since it hesitates so long. For example, on a busy highway, when you want to change lanes, it's pretty quick. If you signal and you don't change lanes, you're implying to the other driver that you're letting them pass you first before you change lanes. Since FSD hesitates so long to change lanes after signalling, I've gotten into situations where it has engaged and cancelled the signal multiple times because other drivers think I'm letting them pass. I mean it's a difference betwen 10 seconds and 5 seconds, or something like that, but it's causing a lot of confusion with other drivers.

2) somestimes FSD will not signal when changing lanes into and out of merging lanes (highway or streets)

3) on streets and highways FSD seems to want to go to the end of the merging lane and then change lanes to merge. If it can't merge at the end of the merging lane, it'll keep driving onto the shoulder and try merging. Maybe this is how other places do it, but here (in Ontario), it's illegal to drive on the shoulder, and usually you merge onto the regular lanes at the first opportunity. If there is none, you stop at the end of the merge lane.

4) It's done a bunch of lane changes in an intersection which is illegal in Ontario

5) when turning left, FSD will stear to the right a bit and then left. This confuses other the drivers to the right of me since it looks like I'm attempting to turn right instead of left

6) FSD seems to bias to the other side of the lane away from trucks, sometimes unecessarily. If the lane is straight, that gets a bit uncomfortable since there may be traffic on my other side.... or a wall, which I'd prefer not to get any closer if I don't have to

8) Can't seem to cancel lane changes, it says to press the signal button (I have a Model X), but when I do, it either re-enables the signal soon after, or there was a small window of opportunity to cancel a lane change and I missed it.

So there are just the problems I've had, I'm not saying FSD is crap, I know I signed up for early access beta, just pointing out some of the issues I've noticed.
Hopefully someone at Tesla reads these boards, I'm not sure how else to get this info to them. The car does ask you to comment why you disengage FSD, but you can only do that by tugging on the steering wheel. There doesn't seem to be a way to make a note about FSD's performance if it does something that doesn't require tugging the steering wheel (ie. blowing through stop signs, failing to signal lange changes, or signaling for a lane change that isn't necessary or not valid).

I've given it 2 weeks, but I've had to turn FSD off and go back to Autopilot only.

The same route to and from work, around 30 km one way usually requires 3-4 interventions.

--
S.Lam
Wow 😮….

Just want to reiterate that I still find FSD absolutely amazing. The amount of progress Tesla’s engineers have made in the time they have been working on it is stunning. My post should just be considered a bug report. I mean, I agreed to be a beta tester, I’m supposed to find bugs.

I also made a big typo. (I should really to to bed now, this is my 4th edit), I’ve been only using the FSD version that has the unified street/highway stack for 1 week (what I was calling FSD11). I had the street-FSD/highway-Autopilot (which I called FSD10) for a few months, but only used it occasionally on city streets. The bug list is from the ”FSD11”.

Those 2 stop signs were in downtown Toronto, but they were tough ones. One may not have been a stop sign, I only noticed the back of a hexagonal sign. The other was on a greater than 90 degree turn, and the sign was at a slightly ambiguous angle, but on the corner to my right, so it was meant for me.

Just checked, I have FSD11.3.3

ok… I’m really going to bed now!

Last edited:

--
S.Lam
So you get a disengage voice prompt from the wheel, but not from the brake? Seems like the brake or wheel would work for a lot of the issues you've encountered if you want to report issues...

Though not entirely sure why it's so important to you that FSD shouldn't succeed?

No clue where you pulled that idea from. I love my FSD Beta. I love watching the progression of the technology and I love analyzing both successes and failures of the system in my daily commutes. Just because I analyze and a lot of times over analyze a specific failure, doesn't mean I am against FSD. I like trying to figure out why the car does what it does and make comments about how I think it should behave.

It would be hard to mimick every driver. I think now the only choices are the 3 I've read about. I don't have FSD, but as I remember, the choices are Timid, Don't Care and Agressive. Maybe it should be Maximize Efficiency, Average Use and Aggresive.

And I don't expect it to ever drive like I drive nor should it in all cases...I have been playing with the new modes and would like to do my commute all the way on one setting and then the next day do it on another setting to try and discern the differences. Unfortunately it is hard for me to step out of my normal driving behavior and have to hold back on dis-engaging when I want to change lanes preemptively based on the current driving scenario.

So you get a disengage voice prompt from the wheel, but not from the brake? Seems like the brake or wheel would work for a lot of the issues you've encountered if you want to report issues...
I can’t recall if breaking works (to get a prompt), in the situations where it doesn’t signal to change lanes, I don’t want to break or tug on the steering wheel since I’m traveling at speed and don’t want to freak out other drivers around me.

I can’t recall if breaking works (to get a prompt), in the situations where it doesn’t signal to change lanes, I don’t want to break or tug on the steering wheel since I’m traveling at speed and don’t want to freak out other drivers around me.

If you "break" it, I don't think it will work.

I don't think braking and disengaging only TACC will provide the prompt. You can use the right stalk to disengage, and the prompt should come up...that will avoid the possibility of you over steering when trying to break AP with the steering wheel.

• Funny
Happening now on TeslaFi

Pending Versions
VersionDownloadingWaiting For Wifi ConnectionInstallingReady To InstallScheduled To Install
2022.45.13 11.3.430110

1st vehicle installing now

Halfway down main page, 5 got it already, only 1 currently installing
Me: I'm not getting my hopes up this time
The TeslaFi tab I've had open for three weeks:

hero-image.fill.size_1200x1200.v1614271530.png