Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Jack Points — location, use, damage, pads, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone is interested in a different method, here's what I use - very quick and easy:

I've since lost my jackpad :( so now I'm just using a small paperback book instead.
That video doesn't look like it's using any jackpad. Probably not a good idea since the top plate is larger than the jack area. Might cause damage outside the jack area.
(I use a block of wood cut to the size of the jack area.)

• Disagree
Reactions: Ludalicious
Did you watch the video? You can see the Murphy's Law Jackpad right there:

upload_2019-12-20_12-15-5.png

If you watch the video, you can clearly see the jackpad between the car and the jack.

Might work. Might bend too. You could probably look up the bending forces of that profile to be sure. I noticed the Liftbars do seem to flex under use, and they are built with an opposite curve and reinforcement. Don't know what wall thickness he used.

But when you stack three things + the car, it is more likely. Also consider the consequences to the car and yourself.
Exactly.

I emailed them our dimensions which is right at 58 5/8 from center of hole to hole. For $250 I’d go with the lift bars. It jacks up so much faster with one middle point and less failure since you place a jack right under the jack point vs using the other choices.

Reactions: Lindenwood