Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Jack Points — location, use, damage, pads, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If one is worried about slipping off I would recommend a different method to lift your Model 3 or do some of the following three things: Bolt the hockey pucks to the jack stands allowing the head of the bolt to be a center pin for the lift point hole. For the All-in-One and/or open center jack stand use a bolt and nut through the center of the hockey puck to keep everything from sliding off. Drill a shallow hole and put a short bolt into the center of the hockey puck on the one for the rolling floor jack.

How I lowered my Model 3.
Raise both All-in-Ones and put the 2x8’s under the left rear tire
Lower the left rear All-in-One and remove it
Lower the right rear All-in-One
Lift the left rear with the floor jack and remove the 2x8’s and the front left jack stand
Lower the floor jack and remove it
Raise the right rear All-in-One and remove the right front jack stand
Raise the right front with the floor jack and remove the All-in-One
Lower floor jack and remove it
Post results on TMC (optional)

Sorry, no instructional pics. I think the only reason to do this is if you are planning major maintenance or modifications. If you feel you need pictures you may want to pay for an easier lifting method and for someone else to do the work. I think I will put my car on four jack stands maybe once a year at most so it will be a long time till I will be able to do a time lapse or take pictures.

Why didn't you lower the car the same way you raised it?

I wanted to be able to do my own tire rotations and maybe paint the calipers. So I was looking at jack stand adapters. It seems Teslas have very specific jack points and there are very specialized jack stands for them. But they are very expensive. (Jackpoint Jackstands and Rennstand)
Then I stumbled on these on ebay. They seem to be jack stand adapters
Do people think these are safe to use or anyone have experience with them?
Glancing at the manual, I think they are safe but wanted people's opinion on them.

https://www.ebay.com/i/401760233850?chn=ps

I wanted to be able to do my own tire rotations and maybe paint the calipers. So I was looking at jack stand adapters. It seems Teslas have very specific jack points and there are very specialized jack stands for them. But they are very expensive. (Jackpoint Jackstands and Rennstand)
Then I stumbled on these on ebay. They seem to be jack stand adapters
Do people think these are safe to use or anyone have experience with them?
Glancing at the manual, I think they are safe but wanted people's opinion on them.

https://www.ebay.com/i/401760233850?chn=ps
Here's mine. Estimated cost $10.98 , w/more than 7' of material left over. ;)
jackpoint.png jackpoint2.png
This is fine for any one corner at a time. Both front corners at once should be fine, too, if you have a pair of matching floor jacks. With chocks of course but the rear wheels locking in Park has it solid. I'd be very cautious about doing both rears without very good chocks, as the front wheels spin free even on the AWD variants.

Last edited:
There are instructions somewhere on this forum but you can make adapters out of a hockey puck and rubber bumper. I think it cost me $10 or $15 for enough material to make eight of them.

The hockey puck sits on your jack stand. The rubber bumper has to be sized to fit the hole on the underside of the car at its lift points.

You simply screw the bumper onto the hockey puck. For extra credit drill a small indent into the center of the hockey puck so the overall height is lower.

There are instructions somewhere on this forum but you can make adapters out of a hockey puck and rubber bumper. I think it cost me $10 or $15 for enough material to make eight of them.

The hockey puck sits on your jack stand. The rubber bumper has to be sized to fit the hole on the underside of the car at its lift points.

You simply screw the bumper onto the hockey puck. For extra credit drill a small indent into the center of the hockey puck so the overall height is lower.
Would you be able to link to any of them? I'm not really sure what to search for

Here's mine. Estimated cost $10.98 , w/more than 7' of material left over. ;)
View attachment 412712 View attachment 412713
This is fine for any one corner at a time. Both front corners at once should be fine, too, if you have a pair of matching floor jacks. With chocks of course but the rear wheels locking in Park has it solid. I'd be very cautious about doing both rears without very good chocks, as the front wheels spin free even on the AWD variants.
That's very effective!
Is your first picture wood you've cut into a groove so that it slots into the rib by the jack point?

That’s from cinching a car down on a flatbed using those as hook points. That’s not from jacking.
This ^^^
Any flat-bed transport lately? Home delivery perhaps? I wouldn't think this would have happened during Tesla factory delivery but if they hired someone to deliver to you, that might have been when it happened. Are the "rips" towards the outside? IE the front ones have a rip towards the front/outside and the rear ones towards the rear/outside?

This.

The edges of the jack "pocket" are pulled outward, not crushed inward. I can't see how you would get that damage from pushing up on the areas in question unless whatever you pushed up with went under the edges of the jack stand "pocket" and when lowering the car the lift/jack pulled free.

That’s from cinching a car down on a flatbed using those as hook points. That’s not from jacking.