Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU 1 Versions? 1098010-00-F vs 1004777-00-E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2014 Model S is in today getting the MCU replaced with the following part number. It's clearly a remanufactured part but it has a G designation. Not sure what if anything that means. But I will be asking them about the warranty when I pick it up tomorrow. I audio record every conversation I have with them now whether it's on phone or in person. There is just too much misinformation.

MCU,MDLX,NA PREMIUM,REMAN
Part #: 1098010-00-G
Order Qty: 1

Tesla was unable to get the refurbished MCU model ending with G so they escalated the part to a regional center and now the order has an H.
Curious as to what the revisions are.

MCU,MDLSX,NA PREMIUM,REMAN
Part #: 1098010-99-H

Anyone else had this experience?

Tesla was unable to get the refurbished MCU model ending with G so they escalated the part to a regional center and now the order has an H.

Your is remanufactured for a nosecone S?

I got a J series new one 2 months ago for a refresh hw2 car.

MSX MCU NA PREMIUM - HW2.0/2.5/3.0
Part #: 1045006-S0-J

This is the part # on my quote. My MCU Pre AP died in May. They still don't have the part. My original appointment was June 3. Tesla rescheduled it for June 22. At this point it would be a waste of time to bring my car to the SC since they don't have the part.

This is the part # on my quote. My MCU Pre AP died in May. They still don't have the part. My original appointment was June 3. Tesla rescheduled it for June 22. At this point it would be a waste of time to bring my car to the SC since they don't have the part.

Tell me about it. They appear to be having some
serious issues obtaining specific parts. Im sure it is directly associated with the factory shutdowns etc. I would imagine they are refurbishing these mcu’s in house. Been roughly 20 days since my MCU died.

I have a 2015 S70 with 95k miles. My MCU hasn't failed but it's had some wonky behavior and the mobile service guy verified for me while doing a 12v battery replacement that the MCU had run out of memory and was living on borrowed time.
I checked at local service center (Cleveland) and they said they have 100 MCU1 on order and bunch of customers in line with failed units waiting to fix their car. Oddly I had made my reservation in the app and whoever behind the scenes ordered me one and had it shipped to service center and it's ready to instal tomorrow. I feel lucky to say the least.
Version I'm getting: MCU NA PREMIUM - Pre audio GPS new maps(1004777- 00-N)
$1800 + $148 labor.
I'll follow up after with the results. I'm doing this preemptively so thankfully car is drive able.

My MCU died a couple of weeks ago, I managed to get the car to the service center and they were able to order and receive the reman MCU in less than a week, they said the car being down helped prioritize the shipment. I received a 1098010-99-H and the total bill was a little under $1600 I didn't get back any of my settings or history, had to reprogram everything when I got the car back. Kudos to the Tucson service team - they are the best

Tell me about it. They appear to be having some
serious issues obtaining specific parts. Im sure it is directly associated with the factory shutdowns etc. I would imagine they are refurbishing these mcu’s in house. Been roughly 20 days since my MCU died.
Can I suggest making a new appointment through the app as though you don't have one on order already? Worked for me.

I have a 2015 S70 with 95k miles. My MCU hasn't failed but it's had some wonky behavior and the mobile service guy verified for me while doing a 12v battery replacement that the MCU had run out of memory and was living on borrowed time.
I checked at local service center (Cleveland) and they said they have 100 MCU1 on order and bunch of customers in line with failed units waiting to fix their car. Oddly I had made my reservation in the app and whoever behind the scenes ordered me one and had it shipped to service center and it's ready to instal tomorrow. I feel lucky to say the least.
$1800 + $148 labor.
I'll follow up after with the results. I'm doing this preemptively so thankfully car is drive able.
You're fortunate. I've been waiting here since May with no eta.

$1800 + $148 labor.

So they completed it and the invoice says I received a 1098010-99-H version. It's remanufactured version which seems fine. There is definitely much better resolution on the screen and brighter. The refresh times on screen are definitely better but nothing like an MCU2 from what I've seen. Overall everything is good. Would rather have kept 1600$ in my pocket but what ya gonna do? A friend with a model S Benz had his screen on dashboard replaced and it was 7k. Maybe we're lucky.

Reactions: croman
You're fortunate. I've been waiting here since May with no eta.

My 2013 P85 is in the SC now for several issues. All were to be resolved today except the MCU replacement. I spoke with my SC and they used the position that my car is in their custody as leverage to get a replacement MCU quicker (LT went from 10 days to 1 day). No promises on availability for anyone else, and maybe I got lucky, but it seems to be a good strategy with the SC. Take the car in, get the attention. Schedule on the App and have your can kicked down the road.

Replacement Parts:
MCU,MDLX,NA PREMIUM,REMAN(1098010-99-H) *This has LTE vs. the original 3G connectivity
ANTENNA , BLUETOOTH(1052393-00-B)
Rear View Camera HSD Jumper(1127304-00-B)

Good luck.

Today i got a new mcu1 under warranty:

MCU,MDLSX,EU/JPN/HK/MC/TW/SK,LTE RMN(1098050-99-H)

Failed twice and got replaced eventually. I wanted the mcu2 but was not available..

S 90D from October/2016 AP1

If the MCU2 was available, was Tesla willing to upgrade to that instead of just replacing it with a refurbished MCU1 with an additional fee? Or would you have had to completely pay out of pocket?

Fairly certain my MCU1 eMMC is dead. Trying to leave for work this morning and all I got is a blank screen. Tried several reboots but nothing.

If the MCU2 was available, was Tesla willing to upgrade to that instead of just replacing it with a refurbished MCU1 with an additional fee? Or would you have had to completely pay out of pocket?

Fairly certain my MCU1 eMMC is dead. Trying to leave for work this morning and all I got is a blank screen. Tried several reboots but nothing.
Where are you located? We may be able to bring your car back to life with our same day eMMC service. If you are located in LA/OC, give us a call. 949.682.8261

My 2017 Model X just had it's MCU go out a couple weeks ago. At first it went out and would not come back even after the scroll wheel reboots. Made an appointment in the app and it was 2 weeks away. Then the MCU then came back on all by itself after 2 days of going dark. However, Wifi and Bluetooth was not working but LTE appeared to be. My Tesla app still could not connect to the car though. Then for some reason Tesla moved my appointment up and I was to bring it in the next day. A Tesla tech called me to let me know the appointment got moved up and asked if they could do some remote diagnostics on the car. Tech let me know that the MCU was failing and that he would order one for me but also let me know it was going to be about a month before they would get it so he changed my appointment to late August. He did tell me that I was "eligible" for an upgrade to MCU 2. However, I find out it's not a free upgrade and would cost me $2500. He did say that if I opted to do the upgrade that it would happen a lot faster than waiting for an original MCU replacement. I would have agreed to the upgrade if they were willing to credit me for the old one that they were going to replace it with and I would pay the difference. I thought this was fair since they wouldn't have to replace mine but he said they couldn't do that. I told him I'd think about it. He then asked if they could do more remote testing on the car and I agreed. After that one remote session the MCU completely died. Now I couldn't charge the car at home since the MCU died in front of my driveway and I had it set for Scheduled Charging @ 11:00pm. No matter what time of day it was all it read on the dash was "Charge Scheduled". I texted Tesla back and let them know that at this rate the battery would be drained and I would not be able to drive it in for the scheduled appointment in late August. They were reluctant to take the car as the part was 3-4 weeks out. He asked me to take it to a Supercharger and it should work. The turn signals were no longer working because of the dead MCU but he told me to use hand signals as that was still an "acceptable for of vehicle direction/movement indication". At this point I'm thinking WTF!?!? Whatever, I drove it to a Supercharger to try to get it charged. Same message on dash "Charge Scheduled". I text them back immediately and he tells me they may be able to do something the next day. The car is now at the SC. We'll see what happens.