Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes video released today re new EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, they don't. That's flat out incorrect, don't project your own opinions with outright falsehoods like that. The positive reviews from owners and professional reviewers, many of whom were pleasantly surprised by the build quality, are far more numerous than "the build quality sucks" type of reviews.

If you look at the Norvegian statistics, with the average age of just 2.1 years Tesla has the highest number of complaints per car
https://www.elbil24.no/nyheter/tesla-gar-mot-klagerekord/71494116

One can argue that 0.2% isn't much. Compared to other car makers however it is.

Bought MS 41448 and delivered June 2014. There is no Mercedes service to service: no oil changes/no filter changes, no radiator to flush, no spark plug, no cam belts, no water pump, all the BS you get soaked on from Mercedes...but Tesla service was unbelievable: received a phone call while driving, Tesla service reported that a cooling pump was not indicating it was working; a flat bed showed up 90 minutes later in Santa Rosa with a loaner, took 41448 away and dropped the loaner, and then we swapped cars a couple days later. Three more Teslas later, and service has been flawless on all of them. The only glitch is that the new owner of our M3 is having some trouble opening a My Tesla page in his name...not sure tha tthat is about, but I am not willing to blame Tesla until I learn more.

Here is a little taste of why Mercedes is hopelessly behind...

Last edited:
Wow....watched the Mercedes "Brand Ambassadors" lavishing praise (written and focus group tested praise...)...Guys, these are all paid actors/actresses...how mindless. Tesla ambassadors are people with skin in the game cuz they are owners...what could possibly speak louder to demonstrate why Mercedes is totally lost? How 20th century...Hard to believe Merc is gonna get any market share with this stuff even if they had decent, not vaporware product, a systemic way to charge and a way for dealers to profit without "service"....not saying they cannot do it...but those are some wicked steep hills to climb...and not even in Tesla's rear view mirror. And that they are putting up such feeble stuff makes me think they do not have a clue what to do...deer...headlights. roadkill.

I found the Mercedes forum...Mercedes Benz SUCKS !!!
or this one:
Mercedes-Benz E-Class w212 Common Problems
or this one:
Federal judge rules Mercedes diesel owners' lawsuit can move forward
or this one: Mercedes-Benz & Sprinter OM642 BlueTec Diesel Issues/Problems | Stephens Service Center - Sacramento's Best Mercedes-Benz Service & Repairs
or this one:Mercedes Benz is rated "Bad" with 2.2 / 10 on Trustpilot
or this one:Mercedes-Benz GL450 Problems and Complaints - 9 Issues
or this one:Mercedes-Benz International
or the recalls:Mercedes-Benz Recalls - Mercedes-Benz Safety & Defect Recall News
or this one:Mercedes E300 Problems, 2017 Mercedes E300 Complaints - Page #1
or this one:Top 708 Reviews about Mercedes-Benz
or this one:Mercedes-Benz Problems

the worst mercedes benz at DuckDuckGo

Mercedes Owners File New Lawsuit Stating Mercedes BlueTEC Diesels Fail Emissions Tests in Nearly All Real World Conditions | Hagens Berman | National Class Action Litigation Firm based in Seattle, WA
Diesel lawsuit proceeds against Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz Defective HVAC Class Action Lawsuit Filed

Daimler employees probed in Germany for potential emissions fraud

Daimler AG Accused of “Sham” Recall in Mercedes Airbag Lawsuit | New York Personal Injury Lawyer

Daimler to Pay $185 Million to Settle Corruption Charges

Germany's Volkswagen, BMW and Daimler hit with lawsuits over price-fixing

Daimler to face up to €1 billion in fine over diesel emission cheating

As Europe orders a recall, EPA’s inquiry into Mercedes emissions drags on

Business Ethics Case Analyses: Daimler: Leaked Government Documents (2012)

Last edited:
However, I think pretty much everyone agrees that the build quality of the car is very poor. I think most people agree that Tesla's service sucks.

Which most people you're talking about?

I have no problem with my Model3.

I didn't have any issue with the buying process and with delivery. Everything was just great from test-drive to delivery.

I drove ModelX for a week through Beautiful British Columbia - amazing vehicle.

Reactions: Nels
Which most people you're talking about?

I have no problem with my Model3.

I didn't have any issue with the buying process and with delivery. Everything was just great from test-drive to delivery.

I drove ModelX for a week through Beautiful British Columbia - amazing vehicle.

And your feedback is entirely typical, echoed by most people who have driven the Model 3 (or other Teslas). I actually got in a Model S taxi a few weeks ago and the driver wouldn't shut up about how happy has was to ditch his old Merc E Class. It had problem after problem and it was costing him far too much to keep it up and running. The feedback from UK drivers of the Model 3 (it hasn't been here for long) has been overwhelmingly positive and most of the press coverage has been as well.

The main complaints come from the delivery process, and yes paint defects etc. are sometimes an issue. But Tesla seem good at rectifying these, or if people really care they will be getting their car detailed professionally and ceramic coated etc. There are many people surprised by the interior quality in particular, given the kind of tripe they've heard repeated by people like the OP of this thread.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I saw one of these near my house. In silver it looks like any 13 in a dozen SUV, except I find the mandatory EV weirdmobile grill they call ”black-panel”, hideous. Maybe the car would do in black. They still had to do something to keep selling the profitable cars...

Based on Teslabjorn’s test videos on Youtube, it’s probably a decent car if you have 3rd party fast charging network. It’s no technology leader on any front, though. Quietness of cabin is appealing, the rest of it is not so much. Styling and 2 dollar color led strips are a matter of taste and image.

A good EV is very welcome and beats comparable ICEs with ease.

The press test car had a failing battery module. Let that sink in.

No, they don't. That's flat out incorrect, don't project your own opinions with outright falsehoods like that. The positive reviews from owners and professional reviewers, many of whom were pleasantly surprised by the build quality, are far more numerous than "the build quality sucks" type of reviews.
I agree. The build quality on my 19,000 serial number model 3 was really good. When I had the car ceramic coated it required a little prep. The shop owner said the paint and panel gaps were very good. Zero problem with Tesla Service.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
The question is why are you still here. I am pretty sure there should be at least one Mercedes forum somewhere on Internet.

98% of opinion founded on reading complaints from other forum owners that love the car, but are sharing experiences. Took a test drive? Yes says so.

3 posts on the MB forums for a car he has owned like 6 of. Just likes coming here continuing to complain about something he has not experienced. I think it's kind of like the deer hanging out with the cows. Just wants to be part of the club. We welcome all.

A confused deer which thinks it's a cow has been spotted grazing in the British countryside and is now convinced he is one of the herd. (Credit: SWNS)

deer.jpg

Bah, another SUV. When are going to get some sedans for competition? I guess I must just be too old or something that I prefer a sleek sedan to any SUV, CUV, hatchback, whatever.

I am eyeing the Audi GT, but I am afraid it will be priced like a niche sports car. And it might be more of a coupe.

I don't think that this Mercedes, or any one other car, will "kill" Tesla. I believe that, in about 3 years or so, the EV market will change drastically. We will probably see more cars like the Hyundai Kona, selling for $40k to $45k, and with a decent range. Those cars will probably cut into the market share of the Model M.

So I take it you don't care for the Mercedes?

For the record, I don't ever rev my engine. I don't care much about 0 to 60. I don't care about acceleration. If you like seeing me in your rear view mirror, you probably will, because I don't try to keep up with anyone when I'm driving a car. I really don't care much about performance (although I can easily pass most cars when I put my mind to it). I have 257 horsepower, and that's fine.

I'm 60 years old. I like a perfectly built, quiet, comfortable, reliable car. I have one. You don't.
Nasty!

Bought MS 41448 and delivered June 2014. There is no Mercedes service to service: no oil changes/no filter changes, no radiator to flush, no spark plug, no cam belts, no water pump, all the BS you get soaked on from Mercedes...but Tesla service was unbelievable: received a phone call while driving, Tesla service reported that a cooling pump was not indicating it was working; a flat bed showed up 90 minutes later in Santa Rosa with a loaner, took 41448 away and dropped the loaner, and then we swapped cars a couple days later. Three more Teslas later, and service has been flawless on all of them. The only glitch is that the new owner of our M3 is having some trouble opening a My Tesla page in his name...not sure tha tthat is about, but I am not willing to blame Tesla until I learn more.

Here is a little taste of why Mercedes is hopelessly behind...

I watched about 100-200 videos on YouTube on Teslas. Tell Audible that it's the only sponsor I remember from all those videos. (Potential Tesla drivers is a perfect demographic for Audible.)

I badly wanted to buy an EV. I drove Model 3for about 30 minutes and 100% agree that it is an outstanding and revolutionary car. I absolutely loved it.

I, however, could not pull the trigger on buying one because I think that many Models 3s sold in the past few months are not good cars. I think you are taking a risk if you buy one of those cars. Also, Tesla's failure to honor delivery dates concerns me.

Problems with the Model 3 are now causing service centers to be overworked. Loaners are not available. And Superchargers now occasionally see lines. Tesla should have built the infrastructure before the cars. The lack of a reliable service infrastructure may cause Tesla owners to switch if many alternatives are available.

I am now driving a beautiful Mercedes C300 Coupe. However, I truly expect this will be my last ICE car. I think Tesla will have a hard time getting my business, if I could get an Audi, Mercedes, or Lexus EV. I want "white glove" service when my car needs something. Tesla does not have it.

Thanks for your video.