Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Configured and submitted on 10/22, black, black, aero, EAP. Cash purchase, no trade in. Once all our documents were submitted and all check marks were ticked (1 or 2 days later), our edit button went away. Called our OA (who led our test drive at the local Tesla showroom) to add in a referral code 2 days after. A call to Yesla HQ confirmed that the referral code was added.

Yesterday afternoon (11 days later) our own referral code showed up, and we finally gained access to the Tesla app.

I am in a similar situation. I ordered 10/21 but forgot to use a referral code. I read that you can call and have one added, but they would only let you do that within 48 hours. We are both well beyond that 48 hour window. I never tried calling or anything. I just saw comments on another board about the topic. It would be nice to have 6 months free, but I'll probably end up charging at home most of the time anyway. If you learn anything, let me know. I'll do the same.

It wouldn’t hurt to try. If you don’t already know an Owner Advisor at your local store, contact them and ask for one. Let them do it for you. It will be easier than working with Tesla’s order support email address which can sometimes be a blackhole of communications.

EDIT: After I posted the message, I realized I’ve never used PM on this forum. Don’t even know if it exists. I’m new around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a similar situation. I ordered 10/21 but forgot to use a referral code. I read that you can call and have one added, but they would only let you do that within 48 hours. We are both well beyond that 48 hour window. I never tried calling or anything. I just saw comments on another board about the topic. It would be nice to have 6 months free, but I'll probably end up charging at home most of the time anyway. If you learn anything, let me know. I'll do the same.

There isn’t a 48 hour window... I just called my OA on my MR order from 10/20 and barely added my code.

I filled out my trade in and financing details and got financing answer quickly. Hoping Tesla will match my credit union. Also got a delivery date text tonight from Tesla (11/29). Exciting times. Submitted an update to the @Troy spreadsheet. I put today as my VIN date since when I called they said I had a VIN, though I can't see it yet.

Just got a text from Tesla saying my car would be ready for home delivery Nov. 12! I logged in and the website now shows my delivery appointment time. No VIN though...

Day 0 line waiter, Los Angeles, ordered MR in the evening of Oct 18 w/ Aero wheels and EAP.

Congrats, we're in similar boat. I think some time end of Q3 they changed things we won't see VINs until 7 days before delivery. When I called in earlier about trade in question, she told me I had a VIN assigned though she/I wouldn't be able to see it.

I filled out my trade in and financing details and got financing answer quickly. Hoping Tesla will match my credit union. Also got a delivery date text tonight from Tesla (11/29). Exciting times. Submitted an update to the @Troy spreadsheet. I put today as my VIN date since when I called they said I had a VIN, though I can't see it yet.

Awesome that’s great news. Where are you located and obviously it’s MR + RWD but I would ask the proverbial question nevertheless.

Reactions: model3fan