Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my first 2 week window. I'm starting to get excited. EDD August 23 - September 06
Don't get too excited. I've had at least 6 two week windows. Been texted about a trade in and called about a trade in. None of those things mean a VIN is imminent. I even went into the Service Center and they had nothing they could do for me but say what I'm experiencing is normal and they can't do a single thing.

Reactions: dgbehrends
Don't get too excited. I've had at least 6 two week windows. Been texted about a trade in and called about a trade in. None of those things mean a VIN is imminent. I even went into the Service Center and they had nothing they could do for me but say what I'm experiencing is normal and they can't do a single thing.
You are probably right as this means nothing according to the majority of people on here, but it is still exciting none the less that my range pulled in a little. However, all that excitement was crushed when I called my Tesla delivery service center in Eden Prairie MN. The SA said that they just started filling orders for 7-seaters ordered in August!!! of last year....OUCH! She did seem a little upbeat that they would be catching up but I don't see how getting my 7-seater in August or September is possible if my OD is mid November. Telsa estimation software sucks, makes no sense how they can have so much tech in the car but such horrible tech behind their delivery system. I know I'm preaching to the choir.

• Love
Reactions: Aviateur17
I'm in a similar boat with four 2-week windows. I just got pushed back two weeks into late August/early Sept this week. The only hope I have is that the Maplewood SC sent me an email last week that they believe I will be picking it up this quarter, which only means sometime in the next 8 weeks. You and I have the same OD and PCD, but you deserve to get yours first because I believe upgrades like 7 seats were supposed to reduce your wait by 2 months or so, according to the order page. My base model was showing an EDD of August 2022 when I placed my order, so they aren't even behind their initial estimate for me yet. Any upgrades pushed that original EDD to May 2022.

Strange how they've been so inaccurate up to this point and now they adjust my 2week window by pulling it in 4days???
From Aug 23 - Sept 06 to Aug 19 - Sept 02
I also got a text that said
"Hi, you can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your upcoming Model Y purchase. To get a non-obligatory trade-in offer, reply here with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact Mileage. Learn more: ts.la/tradeinfo"
end quote

First time I have received any communication from Tesla. Must mean I'm getting a little closer. If I'm lucky I might get it by January 2023 hopefully.

Strange how they've been so inaccurate up to this point and now they adjust my 2week window by pulling it in 4days???
From Aug 23 - Sept 06 to Aug 19 - Sept 02
I also got a text that said
"Hi, you can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your upcoming Model Y purchase. To get a non-obligatory trade-in offer, reply here with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact Mileage. Learn more: ts.la/tradeinfo"
end quote

First time I have received any communication from Tesla. Must mean I'm getting a little closer. If I'm lucky I might get it by January 2023 hopefully.
Yeah, I can't remember for sure but I received the same text sometime in June. In the middle of July I received a call asking about a trade in. Car will come just after middle of August. So based on that you will receive car in 2 months.

Reactions: dgbehrends
Received VIN today at 10:15AM via text message. 282 days from order. NF522xxx. EDD Aug 22nd - Aug 26th. Plan to pick up at Rogers, MN.
Congrats! I think the midwest orders are going to be delivered in late Aug-early Sept, judging by EDDs I've seen in the Oct 2021 order thread. I'm expecting mine will be right around Labor Day, if I had to guess now. They seem to do batches by options and by regions and they save the west coast orders until the last two weeks of the quarter, so it makes sense they would want to wrap up the midwest a few weeks before the end of the quarter.

I've had a narrower window for at least a week, Nov 11 - Dec 30. Wish I knew more about how EV tax credit worked if you've already placed an order. Wonder what Tesla's going to do as we get to the end of the year. Previously they'd ship more to Canada or overseas to postpone US deliveries.

Congrats! I think the midwest orders are going to be delivered in late Aug-early Sept, judging by EDDs I've seen in the Oct 2021 order thread. I'm expecting mine will be right around Labor Day, if I had to guess now. They seem to do batches by options and by regions and they save the west coast orders until the last two weeks of the quarter, so it makes sense they would want to wrap up the midwest a few weeks before the end of the quarter.
Just to follow up on this, I am picking up on Tuesday, so I ended up a couple weeks ahead of Labor Day. I've seen many other MN orders from October getting filled this month. Plus, my dad's order from January is being delivered at the end of the month. I'm not sure how he only has to wait 8 months and I had to wait 10, despite putting my order in earlier. I guess Austin must be really pushing MYLR out in high volumes now.

HOLY SMOKES!!! I refreshed the Tesla web page today and there it was, a VIN number and a shortened Delivery Range Sept 5 -Sept 9. F535 I checked the app and same thing. Looks like this might actually happen. 299 days from order to delivery if all goes well and this is how I feel.
Congrats. I'm picking up my car today at 1PM. Will update later.

I ordered in MYLR five seater in Feb and my window is mid-Oct to November. Based on October orders getting delivered now, i guess I'm hopeful 2-3 months out seems reasonable at this point.
I think there is some randomness too it. I only entered my 10 day EDD window once before a push out. I got my VIN a week before my second 10 day EDD window. Others have posted that they enterd their EDD many times only to get pushed out as many.