Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
App is MUCH better for data on energy generation, storage and consumption on the Powerwall aspect.

But STILL no way of telling the car “Cheap Grid period starts and (say) 20:30 and ends at 01:30. Please ONLY charge in that period. Please do NOT try to use AI to work out my commute patterns or try to count back from my departure time. Just START and STOP when I tell you to. It truly isn’t rocket science.

My 2017 Nissan Leaf did this thing (and VTH/VTG whilst it was at it). You would have thought a MX would be capable of doing a user-commanded timed charge.

Moan over….

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Seen one report from Switzerland of 4.4 showing them miles rather then km! The mind boggles as to how they could have messed this up so badly..

EDIT: FWIW that was on Android, not iOS (4.4 has been released on Android in some regions - but not the UK - it appears)

In case anyone else with the problem I have had since this update with the app being in farenheit on Android, the discussion here prompted me to check my language settings in the phone system settings and English (United States) was above English (United Kingdom), reordering them fixed the issue.

Bit odd that it doesn't use what the car is set to or even the Android Celsius/Farenheit setting for Google assistant but there you are.

Edit: Doh, just realised this changes it to Km instead of miles as well. What a bizarre software decision to link these all to language settings.

For iphone users, you can install a widget of the Tesla app which shows miles, even though the main app is still showing km
I have both the app and widget and both show only in Kms. So that is not a workaround.

Just for the benefit of forum users I am listing the issue and workaround: This is just for the UK and Ireland forum users

1) Check whether you have the new version of App 4.4.1.824? (iPhone users) and the Android (not sure the version number)
2) Check your language/Region setting is set as UK - if it is set as US the region then you will see the odometer and mileage in miles. This is the workaround @Simonix and others are following. However, there are reports that this changes some of the other measures like temperature in F and price in $ etc., So set according to your needs - if you have to calculate mileage everyday in a lease car etc., better to set in US as the region to avoid dividing by 1.6 all the time.
3) Some report that their widget are in miles but not the app. But this is not the case for others.
4) If you say you still have this in miles - please check the above and then let us know. It is a software issue and affect everyone if you update to the latest version.
5) I think you can not update and use the old version. As far as I know it is possible in iOS, not sure of Android. Please add your clarification whether that can be done in android phones.
6) This is a software problem and Tesla will update this - not sure who created this but looks like the teenage developers aren't well travelled enough to know that UK still uses miles not Kms as in Europe.
7) This is nothing to do with other issues like automatic wipers and headlights or FSD. They are part of the AI theme and some of the issues we face are little annoying but that is part of the wider AI philosophy and it is necessary for Tesla to stick with that philosophy rather than reverting to the $1 radar to control the wipers and headlights even though they are tried and tested. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your views when you buy Tesla you also buy Elon's vision of the futuristic cars and that comes with the price and compromises here and now. Tesla is not just a car manufacturer like a BMW, Merc or Audi who just sells practical cars.
8) Also users are divided between using miles/kms/percentage. We can use percentage in the app but the odometer readings are still in Kms and people like us need the odometer readings every now and then and that won't be solved by keeping the battery in percentage.

I hope I've covered most of the points,

Last edited:
Reactions: TomH0927 and Krisja