Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non-owner. #10 in line on March 31st, 2016 Northern California.

Been bumped to Mar-May for first production.
Late 2018 for both SR and AWD.

Looks like I will be cancelling my deposit. Have a lease on an EV and already extending for it 6 months. Was planning on AWD. Just can’t wait for almost 3 years. To say I’m disappointed is a understatement. Too many promises and way too little follow through on Tesla’s part.

Disappointed for you and feel your pain - I have a 15.5-year-old car that I'm hoping limps along until a replacement. On a side note, I like your screen name. :)

This will go into the books as a greedy move for Tesla. Nevertheless, this move is setting Tesla for profitability that Elon spoke about in the conf call today.

Without a doubt some will drop their reservation but the robust demand for LR will keep the bottom line unaffected for the next few months. The real test comes in Oct 18 when the tax deduction sunsets and M3 SR at $50K should compete with a Leaf at about $30K.

MX owner here in the west coast waiting for the Late '18 SR. If I get a great deal on '18 Leaf, I will clear my M3 spot.

Why would the M3 SR be $50k? (Do you really think most people getting a M3 SR are going to fully load it?)

$35k base
$5k autopilot
$5k premium features
$1k paint
$1k doc fee
= ~50 with sales tax and no tax deduction.

The only truly optional part is the premium feature. If I were to spend 45k on a car, I will add the premium features for an extra 5k.
Buying a Tesla without Autopilot is beyond me.

Reactions: IdaX
European reservation holder from April 4, 2016 - non owner. Got a delay from LATE 2018 to EARLY 2019, six months. Estimating that my position is roughly 270k-300k and seeing the production ramp to 5k/week end of Q2, 120k to 160k cars will be made in H2 2018... So EARLY 2019 estimate is bullcrap already now... And 10k/week production is dreaming... Considering that I would love SR/AWD, new S/X owners jumping ahead of the line freely while I have been waiting two years, new reservations coming in from USA, this looks like a wishful thinking. This turns out to be a nightmare. Skoda is launching Vision E SUV end of 2019 or early 2020 and yes, they can make cars... Will see. What makes me really angry is the lack of transparency and communication, people get different headliners without communication, instead of focusing on Model 3, I see Tesla semi and a new roadster... WTF? Better chill now... :)

Wow, so frustrated. Beginning to think that I will never see a car. Reservation was from late on the first day they opened it up. SR moved from mid 2018 to early 2019. With them doing LR and Dual motor first, and giving preference to current owners, I have no doubt that by the time early 2019 rolls around, I will be pushed back even further. And if new demand for LR, dual motor, or current owners comes close to what their production level is in 2019, I may never see my car because people will just keep jumping in front of me. So bummed.

Seriously thinking about canceling. Maybe the Leaf 2.0 will be good enough and I will just have to maybe get a Model 3 or Y in 5 years when it is time for another car...

• Informative
Reactions: TJtv
Wow, so frustrated. Beginning to think that I will never see a car. Reservation was from late on the first day they opened it up. SR moved from mid 2018 to early 2019. With them doing LR and Dual motor first, and giving preference to current owners, I have no doubt that by the time early 2019 rolls around, I will be pushed back even further. And if new demand for LR, dual motor, or current owners comes close to what their production level is in 2019, I may never see my car because people will just keep jumping in front of me. So bummed.

Seriously thinking about canceling. Maybe the Leaf 2.0 will be good enough and I will just have to maybe get a Model 3 or Y in 5 years when it is time for another car...

That, and can pretty much kiss any tax rebate goodbye. They will hit the 200K mark long before I get my car. I would probably be lucky to get even the 25% rebate.

After taxes, my potential future SR Model 3 will be about $50k (SR, white, premium package, upgrade to white leather), taxes will be about $4500

Except that you are directly comparing the price of a Model 3 plus $6K+ in upgrades and $4500 in taxes to a Nissan Leaf with none of those things (Leaf is $29,990 before any upgrades or taxes). Let's compare apples to apples.

Non-owner, SF Bay Area resident, online order shortly after reveal. For first production, initially Feb - Apr 2018, then to Mar - May 2018, now Jun - Aug 2018.

Like everyone else, looks like dual motor is moving up on the option list. Dual Motor initially was Nov 2018 - Jan 2019, revised to Oct - Dec 2018, now Late 2018.

Standard battery initially was Apr-Jun 2018, to Mid 2018, now Early 2019.

Capture.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Non-owner, SF Bay Area resident, online order shortly after reveal. For first production, initially Feb - Apr 2018, then to Mar - May 2018, now Jun - Aug 2018.

Like everyone else, looks like dual motor is moving up on the option list. Dual Motor initially was Nov 2018 - Jan 2019, revised to Oct - Dec 2018, now Late 2018.

Standard battery initially was Apr-Jun 2018, to Mid 2018, now Early 2019.

View attachment 278804

Those dates don't make any sense. Did you Photoshop it ?

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Rich966 and Model 3
I’m glad to know who gets cars next. First production for owners, then first production for non-owners, AWD, then SR and base interior. It looks like everyone is disappointed in the ramp up, Tesla included. It also looks like only First production will be available for the full tax credit as there were lots of first day reservations to fulfill.

I’m glad to know who gets cars next. First production for owners, then first production for non-owners, AWD, then SR and base interior. It looks like everyone is disappointed in the ramp up, Tesla included. It also looks like only First production will be available for the full tax credit as there were lots of first day reservations to fulfill.

What?

• Disagree
Reactions: Rich966
$35k base
$5k autopilot
$5k premium features
$1k paint
$1k doc fee
= ~50 with sales tax and no tax deduction.

The only truly optional part is the premium feature. If I were to spend 45k on a car, I will add the premium features for an extra 5k.
Buying a Tesla without Autopilot is beyond me.

Some of us live in locations where rush hour means waiting one extra cycle at the traffic light. In these kinds of places the commute is just boring, rather than stressful. So rather than paying $5k for the current system we can wait and pay $6k if it turns into something _really_ useful.

Reactions: Pollux