Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two days ago someone on reddit said they are taking 2024 M3P to track on the 31st. But their car hasn't been delivered yet.
The parts catalog has been updated with all the performance parts, like wheels.

I tried to place an order for the 19” rims in the app through a service request, but they canceled my appt and said they are not available yet. I pushed back and they said they don’t have an ETA yet on availability. Worth a shot!
China has had 19" ZeroG wheels for years. Similar to how 2024 M3P has 19" wheel options. I won't be surprised if the 19" wheel variants never come to the US. But it's shocking 19's aren't at least an option as it would be easy profit for Tesla and would make some customers happy.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Someone on reddit said they are taking 2024 M3P to track on the 31st.

China has had 19" ZeroG wheels for years. Similar to how 2024 M3P has 19" wheel options. I won't be surprised if the 19" wheel variants never come to the US. But it's shocking 19's aren't at least an option as it would be easy profit for Tesla and would make some customers happy.
Do you have a link? I haven’t seen that post and do they mean drag strip or road course track

Someone on reddit said they are taking 2024 M3P to track on the 31st.

The US parts catalog has them, so it’d be dumb to put them in when you can just put them in the China one.

1716624361832.jpeg

I read this was in bad weather conditions...
Thats what was reported by the person who did it:

Hello everyone, you asked and you shall receive outside air temperature 69° state of charge 91% slope 2° uphill battery temperature just completed super charging road conditions, rain and wet

Like I mentioned on FB I could feel the tires slipping all the way through 40-50

Were the roads damp?

They weren’t just damp lol.
It was raining.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Finally getting some numbers! Thanks to the posters who are scouring the interwebs for these.
Further research indicates there may have been a child seat in the car and we all know how heavy those things can be. 😅

These times are truly worst case scenario which is awesome.

IMG_5801.png

Can we all just take a step back and appreciate the fact that you can buy a sub-3 second 0-60, ten second car for less than $50k. The value with this car is unparalleled. It’s truly hard to believe .
Absolutely. I mentioned it in the waiting room thread. When I was a teenager watching the first Fast and Furious movie, the whole notion of having a 10 second car was just fiction and fantasy to me, and more of a reality for racing companies or the rich to build one. Never fathomed in my lifetime i'd own a 10 second car unless I was willing to fork out 100k or more. This just has insane value.