Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely. I mentioned it in the waiting room thread. When I was teenager watching the first Fast and Furious movie, the whole notion of having a 10 second car was just fiction and fantasy to me, and more of a reality for racing companies or the rich to build one. Never fathomed in my lifetime i'd own a 10 second car unless I was willing to fork out 100k or more. This just has insane value.
I share the exact same sentiment. Whenever I hear 10 second car, I think of F&F too, lol.

Can we all just take a step back and appreciate the fact that you can buy a sub-3 second 0-60, ten second car for less than $50k. The value with this car is unparalleled. It’s truly hard to believe .

At the end of the day, since I am not independently wealthy, the value is insanely incredible.

And in a few lucky States (for the yanks out there), you might be eligible for even -bigger- rebates which is just icing on the delicious M3P-cake!

Reactions: phantasms
At the end of the day, since I am not independently wealthy, the value is insanely incredible.

And in a few lucky States (for the yanks out there), you might be eligible for even -bigger- rebates which is just icing on the delicious M3P-cake!
True but at the same time, it’s not a great value from a resale perspective if you don’t qualify for the tax credit.

I’m going to have to weigh options as I know that as soon as I buy the car, it could potentially be less $7500 right off the bat.

First world problems 😁

Reactions: phantasms
Absolutely. I mentioned it in the waiting room thread. When I was a teenager watching the first Fast and Furious movie, the whole notion of having a 10 second car was just fiction and fantasy to me, and more of a reality for racing companies or the rich to build one. Never fathomed in my lifetime i'd own a 10 second car unless I was willing to fork out 100k or more. This just has insane value.
This is a $46k 10 second car ON THE STREET for some people. Never mind doing it on the track. This thing could do it on the street. That is really astonishing.

Also, regarding the value sentiment - all of the ICE cars priced between $46k (or $55K for no rebate) and ~$100K that have to be modified to get into the 10's. Now decreased dependability comes into play with higher tuned motors AND transmissions to allow them those quicker times and those cars are no longer under warranty. Most of them now running E85 tunes which their gas mileage suffers even more on a regular E10 tune. I know all that doesn't mean much to the ICE car crowds but for me, I was one of them doing the math and I had to stop the madness. Having a BMW M240i with a B58 motor, I saw others achieving 10's and thought to myself, oh, so just a downpipe, an engine & tranny tune, upgraded HPFP and E85 and I'm in the 10's with the stock motor and turbo. And that's not even talking about parts and tune costs...

Nope. This is my daily and I need a dependable car to drive to work and back and can't afford if something breaks. AND all the while I can get into the 10's, even if it's a 10.9 or so if I brought it to the track?

You've all heard the saying in the ICE community when you start to question the value of modifications and everything that comes with it. The saying is: "You gotta pay to play". Well not in my situation. M3P is my solution.

I know I am very lucky, but in Colorado I get to claim the $7500 federal rebate and the $5000 state rebate. So my effective price on my $54990 order is more like $42490 :eek:
Depending on the specs, this means a person in CO -could- have gotten one for just a hair over $40k. (Gray/Black on launch day I think).

Just -mind-boggling! :) Congrats to you and the other CO folks!

Reactions: KGinCO and cptnslo
Also, regarding the value sentiment - all of the ICE cars priced between $46k (or $55K for no rebate) and ~$100K that have to be modified to get into the 10's. Now decreased dependability comes into play with higher tuned motors AND transmissions to allow them those quicker times and those cars are no longer under warranty. Most of them now running E85 tunes which their gas mileage suffers even more on a regular E10 tune. I know all that doesn't mean much to the ICE car crowds but for me, I was one of them doing the math and I had to stop the madness. Having a BMW M240i with a B58 motor, I saw others achieving 10's and thought to myself, oh, so just a downpipe, an engine & tranny tune, upgraded HPFP and E85 and I'm in the 10's with the stock motor and turbo. And that's not even talking about parts and tune costs...

Nope. This is my daily and I need a dependable car to drive to work and back and can't afford if something breaks. AND all the while I can get into the 10's, even if it's a 10.9 or so if I brought it to the track?

You've all heard the saying in the ICE community when you start to question the value of modifications and everything that comes with it. The saying is: "You gotta pay to play". Well not in my situation. M3P is my solution.
My sentiments exactly. I had a g20 M340 that I sold for this car for the same rationale.

Reactions: jv92red
I do wish teslas suspension was on par with bmw etc, but agreed the value is insane. I basically think of my car as an electric muscle car
I have a feeling this car will be closer to that "BMW" feel now with the revised dampers with electronic control and new M3P specific steering knuckle with shorter steering arm to decrease the steering ratio making the steering quicker as mentioned in their latest video.

Even BMW suffered the evolution in technology when it went away from the hydraulic powered rack I had in my E92 M3 to the electronic racks they put into their modern cars now. My M240i had electronic powered steering and it just wasn't the same feel and feedback as before in my M3. How long until everything (ICE and EV's) ditch the racks and move to steer by wire/motor controlled. I know the Cybertruck is steer by wire, who knows when Tesla will decide to change the M3/M3P over to this as well.