Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha. I know it's first world problems but $150k a year is near poverty level in so-cal :D of course I'm half kidding but I wish there was a Ludicrous trim to make it even more desirable.
Yep. $150 poverty level. 200K and you're renting cause you still can't afford a home. $200 K maybe a condo or townhome/attached home sure. House = 250k or more. No joke.

My wife and I are at $200K combined and we wouldn't be able to afford to buy the 1,600 sqft home we have in OC as it's valued at 1 mill now.

Reactions: Apprunner
DLO posted their dragy today. SoC >90%. California (Fremont delivery) vehicle.

1716676176482.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve never seen so much teeth nashing over .1 second. The car is amazing if it’s 10.9 but dog *sugar* if it’s 11.1? Lol. The car is seriously fast and seriously affordable either way. We live in a world where a $45,000 car does 11 seconds. Stop and appreciate that. 10.9 or 11.1. Who cares. 15 years ago you’d have to spend 125k for that performance. Maybe more.

Updated my spreadsheet thingy... (I know some of the older model stuff is a touch dated, if anyone feels like updating it knock yourself out)- given the lack of a boost option on the LR AWD HIghland, and the fact that after tax credit it's $250 more expensive than the P, didn't seem worth digging up draggy timeslips to bother adding it as I can't imagine anybody who'd care about what the sheet shows buying one... (in contrast back the day there was often a 10-16k price gap between the LR AWD and P, with boost being only 2k of that-- Todays refresh P with the tax credit is a pretty crazy good deal)

lrawd3.png

Last edited:
Much more details. Wish I could link to his profile. Apologies for all the pics but they’re all relevant.
These numbers almost exactly match the BMW M3 Competition up to 1/4 mile (C&D measured). Maybe even a split hair faster up to the 1/4 because C&D excludes roll out. BMW probably starts to crawl away after around 125+.

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 2.8 sec
100 mph: 7.0 sec
1/4-Mile: 11.0 sec @ 124 mph
130 mph: 12.3 sec
150 mph: 18.2 sec
Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.2 sec.

I’ve never seen so much teeth nashing over .1 second. The car is amazing if it’s 10.9 but dog *sugar* if it’s 11.1? Lol. The car is seriously fast and seriously affordable either way. We live in a world where a $45,000 car does 11 seconds. Stop and appreciate that. 10.9 or 11.1. Who cares. 15 years ago you’d have to spend 125k for that performance. Maybe more.

It's just how it works in cars. 0.1sec doesn't REALLY matter in the real world, but to many people, there is a world of difference between a 10.99 and a 11.00. It's always been this way and will likely be this way in 50 years.

Still too low.
It does suck that federal incentives often don't matter the location. I guess for many national programs it would cost to much to administer to means test per location.

Is this at 90% soc and battery warm? Is this the first MIC battery stat?!

Do tell mate. Conditions for the drive?
Battery cold, ext temp, body weight etc!
That looks like the ferrari draggy. Which is within a tenth of my 0-100 draggy in nonideal conditions.

I think the point of the post was to point out the value to speed equation, which in Australia is off the chart, nothing comes close.

BTW for those unaware- you can "get" the $7500 tax credit, indirectly, via leasing regardless of your income so if you're over the cap you're still fine (since the credit goes to the leasing company- not you- and they may pass it through in the lease terms).... no option to buy/own the car at the end if leasing from Tesla though

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms
BTW for those unaware- you can "get" the $7500 tax credit, indirectly, via leasing regardless of your income so if you're over the cap you're still fine (since the credit goes to the leasing company- not you- and they may pass it through in the lease terms).... no option to buy/own the car at the end if leasing from Tesla though
…and that makes leasing the best option for folks who would be upgrading to a newer Tesla in a couple/few years anyway.