Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to 235 squared so that will definitely tell us if it needs the extra width for straight-line acceleration. Honestly, I think it might just simply be that people expect a performance car to have a staggered setup so that is what they did. I am going to test it with regular street surfaces but with track prep I can't imagine that it really needs the 275 width. That glue is so incredibly sticky.
I want to maintain the range at the least. I posted this question in another thread, but which of the following setups would yield more range:

OEM setup - 235/35 20x9, 275/30 20x10

OR

square setup - 265/35 19x9.5

Assuming both are on the same type of ultra high performance summer tires.

edit: my aim is to have more of a flush look in the rear AND increase comfort by going with thicker sidewalls, while not compromising range.

I want to maintain the range at the least. I posted this question in another thread, but which of the following setups would yield more range:

OR

My assumption would be that unless you change the tire compound they will all have essentially the same range. Tire compound really does matter that much. I did a lot of testing with different summer tires and range. Going down to 18" helped but once I switched to an efficiency specific compound I couldn't believe how much better it got. I have gone back to 20" tires now and I am getting my best efficiency ever with the Hankook iON EVO AS tires.

Reactions: Jeremy3292

OR

edit: my aim is to have more of a flush look in the rear AND increase comfort by going with thicker sidewalls, while not compromising range.
I’m wondering if 265/35 19x9.5 will clear bc that’s def larger than the 235/35 20x9 in the front stock. Depends on offset at this point I would assume

I'll just chime in to go on record that I've driven the S and commented here that it felt like a boat for daily driving compared to the model 3; I believe I put it on Sport too. Granted, I've never tracked it nor do I have any doubt it would perform remarkably well on the track. I've seen videos of professional drivers (ala hagerty) breaking records with it, so it's an established fact it's one of the most capable cars on the track. I just never pushed it to that extent to know how capable it is; i was basing my opinion in comparison to the model 3 in terms of daily driving.

Well I have the MXP and with the swaybar upgrade it feels more nimble than a 3. Haven't tried autocross so it's based on my butt-o-meter.

Reactions: P-Lo801
I’m wondering if 265/35 19x9.5 will clear bc that’s def larger than the 235/35 20x9 in the front stock. Depends on offset at this point I would assume
Yes, totally dependent on offset.
Still waiting on data or measurements on how this new front suspension upright differs from the previous gen.

-Danny

Did someone post these already? I looked quickly.

IMG_1525.PNG

IMG_1526.PNG

I worked with one of the guys who did transmission tuning on those cars for FCA and he wouldn’t touch those things with a 10 foot pole so your reliability by not getting one is a plus lol
Owned a Giulia for five years and it was way more reliable and way sweeter to drive than all our German cars. Hopefully the people regurgitating ignorant tropes about Alfa reliability will be pleased when they again leave the US market.