Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in New England/Tri-State.

I just went to the Milford Connecticut SC and the advisor was able to ping and check my vehicle location by RN#. When I asked why their response was different from my previous check-ins on status. He said they normally get similar requests from other customers and RN#s are simply order numbers and not specifically assigned to an owner, implying that only when the VIN# is assigned with direct ownership/commitment to that vehicle can they track/ping to provide that information to the owner. He was able to confirm two things: (1) Current vehicle location in NY (in transit, fully charged), heading to NJ. (2) and that vehicles delivered to these areas are placed on 2 trains, 1st leg - Fremont, CA to Upstate NY (didn't confirm location), 2nd leg - Upstate NY to NJ depot . From NJ depot, the vehicles are dispersed to NJ, DE, NY, CT, PA, NH, ME, MA, RI (not sure about Canada)

My OD is 1.10, VIN assigned on 2.11. Chances are if you have delivery estimates Feb 22. - March 6, your car may be part of this batch and the variation in EDD within this timeline is dependent on trucking logistics. Another way of looking at it is, if you ordered 1.12., 1.28, etc., you'll be part of the next shipment batch (whenever that is). From my conversation, I also gathered that the importance is given by order date, location, demand of specs, and since it appears RWD has gotten higher demand based on other markets, Tesla has strategized starting with RWD with standard features vs LR with premium features. I guess Tesla feels they can predictably meets their targets this way

Hope this is some what helpful
Make sense. RWD can be quicker and cost effective since there is not much customs, except for the paint.

Also not doing LR can make people move to Model Y or other inventory car if they need to make a transfer of FSD and Model S. Also Model 3 does not have FSD yet, and there is no ETA.

I truly think they are getting all the variations of black interior first before switching over to white and then doing all variations of the white.
I really don’t think so. They’ve never had issues with any other car before like that. I’ve seen the assembly line and watched cars go through. They weren’t all one color interior, it was mixed.

Not saying I have the answer to the white interior delay. Just don’t think that’s it. My best guess is either a supply issue or they’re still fine-tuning something they weren’t satisfied with.

I really don’t think so. They’ve never had issues with any other car before like that. I’ve seen the assembly line and watched cars go through. They weren’t all one color interior, it was mixed.

Not saying I have the answer to the white interior delay. Just don’t think that’s it. My best guess is either a supply issue or they’re still fine-tuning something they weren’t satisfied with.
Well this isn’t a day to day deployment drill, it’s a new release with a TON of requests at once. Think if they had to continuously had to change up the config of the machinery every car in order of customer order.

I think it’s much more reasonable to build a ton of RWD + colors + 18”, RWD + colors +19”, repeat for AWD, then same song and dance for white interior. Again, it would take forever to get through bulk demand switching it up between each build. I am sure they switch it up on day to day orders once they slow down, l but they need to get through the initial storm first- coming from someone with an AWD white interior anxiously waiting.

I’m with you. Last Sept I wanted to upgrade to S and even ordered it. I then test drove it twice and while it felt luxurious and fast I noticed how much harder it felt to maneuver in smaller spaces and parking. That turned me off and I decided to wait for the new Model 3.
I’ve got the new 3 on order to replace the old one. If I really like it there’s a good chance I’ll replace the plaid with the performance 3 whenever it come out.

• Love
Reactions: happyelegance

But ya I could be wrong though, I just want my dang car 😂

Did the RWD still sound nice? I know it definitely is a huge difference since the AWD has 2 subs but I’m hoping the RWD is still very good.
Yes still very good. I drove the RWD first and used the same tracks to test the system, quite good as well. I think unless you were doing a direct back to back comparison you will be happy with the RWD system.

Does anyone know what a ball park figure should cost to get a level 2 charging 240 volt outlet installed in a garage? I know it is dependent on different things like the length to the electrical box, but I rang one company and they said roughly $1700 is that about average or over priced?
I don’t know how handy you are or how much experience with electric work you have, but I just installed mine myself and it was around $550 in material. It would have been a lot cheaper if my panel wasn’t at the complete opposite end of the house as my garage. If you want a cost breakdown I’d be happy to provide it.