Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait you guys actually get reply back? All of my questions and emails are ignored completely. I sent emails to tesla shop contact because I needed help on shop order not getting delivered and stuck in ups facility more than a week, no reply. I asked about my car because it is delayed to April~May timeframe, no reply.

Very excited for the car, but at the same time I am very very frustrated with tesla’s cs.
My SA is very responsive... God bless him/her 🤣🤣 this delivery time stress is killing me

I took delivery today. Like the car, the process was smooth. The door appears to show a 2/24 build date. It had 10 miles on it.

It's quiet just like my Highland test drive. The "hands on wheel" nudge not working well has been the most problematic, but I experienced that a bit on the 3/Ys that I rented, so that was expected. I was surprised the SW build was as old as it is (before the holiday update). I really wanted the red, but not enough to justify the >5% purchase price increase. The grey looks great; I'll be fine even though every other 2024 will be grey. ;)

I feel bad for all the folks (AWD/white) out there still waiting and getting pushed. Hopefully, in 5 years, you'll forget about those few extra weeks you waited and just remember the good times.

Random tesla generator......
Wait you guys actually get reply back? All of my questions and emails are ignored completely. I sent emails to tesla shop contact because I needed help on shop order not getting delivered and stuck in ups facility more than a week, no reply. I asked about my car because it is delayed to April~May timeframe, no reply.

Very excited for the car, but at the same time I am very very frustrated with tesla’s cs.

yea, I demoed all three 2023 model 3s back in Nov and the SA was texting me etc. So i was/am able to reach out to her using that vs through the app.

honestly, i'd also just go to one of the stores during the week to talk to an SA in person -- I swung by the new duluth service center on Saturday.....
they really didn't offer any insight, but at least he attempted to figure out what was going on.
interestingly, my delivery was switched to that location from Alpharetta.......

But the same SA in alpharetta back in November told me the new model 3 wouldn't be in the US until 2025.........

Random tesla generator......

yea, I demoed all three 2023 model 3s back in Nov and the SA was texting me etc. So i was/am able to reach out to her using that vs through the app.

honestly, i'd also just go to one of the stores during the week to talk to an SA in person -- I swung by the new duluth service center on Saturday.....
they really didn't offer any insight, but at least he attempted to figure out what was going on.
interestingly, my delivery was switched to that location from Alpharetta.......

But the same SA in alpharetta back in November told me the new model 3 wouldn't be in the US until 2025.........
Maybe I should visit Alpharetta store and talk with SA like you suggested... After then I can use this as an excuse to test drive the car again :D

Tesla definitely fails on the “be pleasant to deal with” and “have a sane CEO” fronts.

Good thing the stereos are great and the software/range/network is the most reliable.

Will be interesting to see how the R2 changes things.
Sane CEOs don’t run multiple successful multibillion dollar companies in vastly different and difficult areas. You have to be at least a little insane to even attempt it let alone be wildly successful at it.

Maybe I should visit Alpharetta store and talk with SA like you suggested... After then I can use this as an excuse to test drive the car again :D
I did just that yesterday and got some hopeful news. While speaking with the SA he was able to look up my order and confirmed that I have been soft matched to a vin and should receive my vin within a few days/a week max. He believes I’m looking at an EDD of the week of march 4th (which falls inline with my current estimate of Feb 24 - Mar 23) I’m taking this with a grain of salt as he said it can be shifted due to unforeseen circumstances, but so hoping he’s right!

I did just that yesterday and got some hopeful news. While speaking with the SA he was able to look up my order and confirmed that I have been soft matched to a vin and should receive my vin within a few days/a week max. He believes I’m looking at an EDD of the week of march 4th (which falls inline with my current estimate of Feb 24 - Mar 23) I’m taking this with a grain of salt as he said it can be shifted due to unforeseen circumstances, but so hoping he’s right!
IT SEEMS ( in caps coz who knows!!! ) that Tesla uses the typical 2 week sprints as per agile product/project management principles, so when u get assigned a 4 week EDD its their first attempt at placing u in the queue based on ur configuration and whatever other factors, then based on their sprint planning they pick up configs to be delivered every sprint (again based on various factors as what's been discussed here and also those unknown to mankind:) ) once u get that 2 week EDD that's when u should be most hopeful that something is really being planned for YOUR VEHICLE delivery in their sprint planning... just my $0.02

IT SEEMS ( in caps coz who knows!!! ) that Tesla uses the typical 2 week sprints as per agile product/project management principles, so when u get assigned a 4 week EDD its their first attempt at placing u in the queue based on ur configuration and whatever other factors, then based on their sprint planning they pick up configs to be delivered every sprint (again based on various factors as what's been discussed here and also those unknown to mankind:) ) once u get that 2 week EDD that's when u should be most hopeful that something is really being planned for YOUR VEHICLE delivery in their sprint planning... just my $0.02
I wish this was the case, i’ve had sooooo many two-week EDDs…..

Reactions: trfiles12 and catxi
Ordered 1/29
RWD, Stealth Grey, 18", Black, AP.
Feb - Mar,
1st update Feb 19 - Mar 18
2nd update Feb 23 - Mar 18
3rd update Mar 2 - Mar 11 with VIN

I completed all the steps in the app. My trade in offer expires on the 29, hopefully it won't change too much. This will be my first Tesla, I'm really excited and a little nervous.

Ordered 1/29
RWD, Stealth Grey, 18", Black, AP.
Feb - Mar,
1st update Feb 19 - Mar 18
2nd update Feb 23 - Mar 18
3rd update Mar 2 - Mar 11 with VIN

I completed all the steps in the app. My trade in offer expires on the 29, hopefully it won't change too much. This will be my first Tesla, I'm really excited and a little nervous.
You’ll love the car bitwise, just hang in there. They do some strange things along the way but the cars are great. For a drivers car, the new highland is as close as it gets to perfection. Wish it had an instrument cluster and stalks, but there’s no perfect car. Coming from a BMW i4 m50, I can tell you this drives almost as well and fit and finish are on par also. The difference maker is tech… the highland is 10x ahead on functional technology, and costs less.
Now if it would only just arrive.

Reactions: catxi and Falcon73

Attachments

• IMG_5892.jpeg
    IMG_5892.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Informative
Reactions: Falcon73