Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in no scenario do you see them making them and then accelerate delivery for those who were pushed back?
I wouldn't say no scenario at all, but I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath hoping. Historically, I think it's fair to say Tesla overpromises on timelines. So if they're now admitting "June" (and late June in many cases, including mine), I'm inclined to think it's realistically prefixed by "Not earlier than...".
But you know, hey, I keep checking the forum too for any info! Haha.

Reactions: jiren
Hello all, been lurking here for a while but after recent events and the string of posts above, feel I may as well add my experience. Ordered White/White LR on 3/12. Site had Apr-May estimate. First official EDD was "May 2024." A few weeks later that was May 6 - June 10." I had no idea that white interior was any sort of issue until coming on this site after that change. This lead to yesterday, when I got a new EDD of July 23 - August 27 (!!!) That's 4-6 months after ordering and 3-4 months after initial estimated delivery timeline. It's just ridiculous not to give the customer some explanation or heads up on this, espescially at the time of ordering. Bit the bullet and changed to same order in black interior yesterday. Was hoping to see a new sooner delivery date but nothing since. I was willing to wait to May for the option of my choice (it's not exactly an unusual option for Teslas) but not willing to wait additional months for a car that's not even my first choice, so I hope to hear something soon. I was really deadset on the new 3, but now looking at other options, including a used 2023 model 3 or Y with low miles. Tesla called me literally every day after my demo drive, but now seemingly impossible to get any word from them. Really a poor way of going about this. If I was an investor, I would be pretty annoyed at putting new customers through this type of process. Anyway, nice to be here.
Welcome to the forum!
Honestly the only way Tesla is gonna learn they need to communicate better is if people cancel orders. Because we (100% me included) reward their bad behavior with orders. Until they realize it costs them sales, they're not gonna be inclined to change.
At the end of the day, if you get a car (any car) you're happy with, then it's a personal win. "Good products, poor communication" is basically Tesla's motto.

Dumb question, but serious, not rhetorical: if they can make Model Y's with a white interior, why aren't they making Model 3's with a white interior?
Pure speculation, but I'm guessing one of their suppliers is having an issue. My suspicion is that it's along the lines of Ventilated Seats (which the Model Y does not have?). Although I thought the Model S/X do have them, and they make White there. Maybe it's not the seats at all and some other part line the white front piece, etc.
Pretty sure though it's not a decision that they don't want to make it, it's likely constrained someplace.

Reactions: MAPekala
I wouldn't say no scenario at all, but I certainly wouldn't be holding my breath hoping. Historically, I think it's fair to say Tesla overpromises on timelines. So if they're now admitting "June" (and late June in many cases, including mine), I'm inclined to think it's realistically prefixed by "Not earlier than...".
good to know. this is my first one so i’m new to all the edd stuff. i’ll just keep waiting

Reactions: GuyFromAz
Sadly no. My EDD is still the same. I'm in texas so hopefully I get a new EDD in a week or 2 with vin lol
Fair warning that when I switched from white to black back on 23 Feb I very obviously lost my 'place in line,' as many people who ordered after I did on 10 January got their LR black models well before I even got a VIN. Some folks in here have gotten VINs almost immediately after switching, but I think that's a function of their requested config and where they live.

Hello all, been lurking here for a while but after recent events and the string of posts above, feel I may as well add my experience. Ordered White/White LR on 3/12. Site had Apr-May estimate. First official EDD was "May 2024." A few weeks later that was May 6 - June 10." I had no idea that white interior was any sort of issue until coming on this site after that change. This lead to yesterday, when I got a new EDD of July 23 - August 27 (!!!) That's 4-6 months after ordering and 3-4 months after initial estimated delivery timeline. It's just ridiculous not to give the customer some explanation or heads up on this, espescially at the time of ordering. Bit the bullet and changed to same order in black interior yesterday. Was hoping to see a new sooner delivery date but nothing since. I was willing to wait to May for the option of my choice (it's not exactly an unusual option for Teslas) but not willing to wait additional months for a car that's not even my first choice, so I hope to hear something soon. I was really deadset on the new 3, but now looking at other options, including a used 2023 model 3 or Y with low miles. Tesla called me literally every day after my demo drive, but now seemingly impossible to get any word from them. Really a poor way of going about this. If I was an investor, I would be pretty annoyed at putting new customers through this type of process. Anyway, nice to be here.
I am an investor and this will be my first EV. I’ve written to investor relations asking for an explanation of the issues and a realistic timeframe for resolution. There is an investor call later this month. I intend on being on it and asking questions. I’ll let you know if I get any answers.

I am an investor and this will be my first EV. I’ve written to investor relations asking for an explanation of the issues and a realistic timeframe for resolution. There is an investor call later this month. I intend on being on it and asking questions. I’ll let you know if I get any answers.
awesome i hope you get some answers. i hope all of you who ordered jan/feb get a timely delivery and have it done well before the most recent edd given.

i ordered mine late, so my order getting pushed back to june is a one month delay from my original may delivery date.

may we all get our cars soon.

Reactions: evfangirl
I'm an investor too, and I'll do the same.

If the EDD means “no earlier than..” then why do they have add an end to the window? Wouldn’t that mean “No later than..”?

If the EDD means “no earlier than..” then why do they have add an end to the window? Wouldn’t that mean “No later than..”?
Not trying to defend Teslas lack of communication, I’m just saying that I have more faith in “not earlier than the start date” than I do in “not later than the end date”. Just being a realist that it’s not very likely to be delivered early, much more likely to be delivered late (as slipping dates have proven).

Reactions: evfangirl and jiren
What does the "E" in EDD stand for?
View attachment 1037715

Like @jjrandorin I understand being annoyed and upset if the thing I want to buy keeps getting delayed. I also was looking to get the white interior, but have waited to make my order altogether until I see these start rolling off the assembly line.

Your perspective on this may have been different if you had wanted a Cadillac Lyriq... Again the annoyance is understandable, but an estimated delivery date changing is not false information. Just like when your Amazon package delivery date changes, its annoying but it is not false information.
Yes it is an “estimated” delivery date. Which is afforded some level of accepted tolerance and wiggle room. However, an initial “estimate” of 1-2 months for delivery being off by a factor of **at least** 3 is absurd. I don’t believe for a second that Tesla didn’t know about this delay with white interior at the time of launch or at the very least after the round of delays to the end of Q1.

Normally projections off by that much in business result in job loss.

Reactions: Whitezoid and LL-FL

They normally do, but since we know that the CEO of Tesla is an extremely patient person, this probably isnt........ ok I cant even finish typing out the sentence, even as a joke, lol....

I would not be surprised at all if more than a few people are no longer employed at Tesla , if they were involved in "whatever this is" that is causing this type of delay.

In the Past, Tesla has been pretty good at "keeping production going" by swapping in parts, etc. whatever this is, it will be somewhat interesting to me to hear what the final issue was. Of course, I am not buying a tesla with white interior right now. If I was, I would probably be just as mad as most people in that situation.

I like the black seats better myself. They still look new in my 2018 model 3P. The white seats are more striking looking though.

Reactions: impatient_guy
Yes it is an “estimated” delivery date. Which is afforded some level of accepted tolerance and wiggle room. However, an initial “estimate” of 1-2 months for delivery being off by a factor of **at least** 3 is absurd. I don’t believe for a second that Tesla didn’t know about this delay with white interior at the time of launch or at the very least after the round of delays to the end of Q1.

Sure, I get that. Like I said a few times, I am not arguing against that people should not feel frustrated or upset. I find it baffling that Tesla has not minimally reached out to white interior order holders and said "Look, we have an issue getting white out the door. If you want to stick with white great, but we have no ETA. If you want to switch to black, we can get you in a car sooner. Sorry for the inconvenience." This could be completely out of their control for supply chain issues, but they are still the ones who can communicate that to the people buying the product.

The concepts I am pushing back against is that people should be compensated for this, or that Tesla should pay for their rental car, or their new licensing fee, or should settle a lawsuit, because the white interior keeps getting delayed.

Sure, I get that. Like I said a few times, I am not arguing against that people should not feel frustrated or upset. I find it baffling that Tesla has not minimally reached out to white interior order holders and said "Look, we have an issue getting white out the door. If you want to stick with white great, but we have no ETA. If you want to switch to black, we can get you in a car sooner. Sorry for the inconvenience." This could be completely out of their control for supply chain issues, but they are still the ones who can communicate that to the people buying the product.

The concepts I am pushing back against is that people should be compensated for this, or that Tesla should pay for their rental car, or their new licensing fee, or should settle a lawsuit, because the white interior keeps getting delayed.
in some ways tesla is saying just that. i have a white int car on order and after a few delays i got a banner in app saying i can get in a car sooner by switching to blk int.

i think the issue most people are having is the lack of info on why. i’d reckon people would hold on to the orders if tesla came out and said what the issue was, but the lack of communication will cause people to bail and switch to blk int.

i think they should stop new orders from being configured with white int and fulfill all current orders before taking on new orders. that will give them time to get it together.

Reactions: catxi and Whitezoid
If anyone has questions for current owners, feel free to ask. I’m not the most savvy person when it comes to EV tech, but what I do knownis that I’m at ~700 miles in 10 days on my 2024 Model 3 RWD.

I will note: my regular commuter was a 2019 BMW 330i. This is by far the better car in comfort and ride quality. Sure, it still lacks a little bit of the driving feel that we’ve been used to for many years, but the ease and comfort of the new model 3 is other worldly in the space it competes. I have the RWD, it’s not crazy fast. But the performance variant will definitely take care of the “slow” base model.

A question I have: I drove 45 mins to a supercharger on my way home today. Batterey was preconditioning the wholes time based on navigation, but It still required more heating. What are somethings you all have done on your teslas that allow for instant maximum charge at the superchargers? I’ve always got a cold battery apparently.

Reactions: jiren
A question I have: I drove 45 mins to a supercharger on my way home today. Batterey was preconditioning the wholes time based on navigation, but It still required more heating. What are somethings you all have done on your teslas that allow for instant maximum charge at the superchargers? I’ve always got a cold battery apparently.
There isnt anything you can do on a 3 or Y beside navigating to the supercharger. 3s and Ys dont have battery heaters in them like S and X do.

If anyone has questions for current owners, feel free to ask. I’m not the most savvy person when it comes to EV tech, but what I do knownis that I’m at ~700 miles in 10 days on my 2024 Model 3 RWD.

I will note: my regular commuter was a 2019 BMW 330i. This is by far the better car in comfort and ride quality. Sure, it still lacks a little bit of the driving feel that we’ve been used to for many years, but the ease and comfort of the new model 3 is other worldly in the space it competes. I have the RWD, it’s not crazy fast. But the performance variant will definitely take care of the “slow” base model.

There are a lot of factors (pack temp parked, ambient and speed driving, HVAC setting) but I notice it will say those messages even if battery temp is 90F. 120 is max system likes and seems to be at full charging capability right over 100F. My point is your battery temp is usually fine after 45 min Nav to SC preheating. The LFP battery also has lower charge rate and curve to NMC. I use Teslogic Dash to get the temp data point.

Reactions: dillpickle24