Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 323848 I got the updated page in my account today where I could add financials for the loan and then moved to the contract phase....so assume I am just waiting for ‘the call’ now

3/31/16 reservation 10:31PM EDT
1/17/18 first production invite
6/26 P/AWD invite
6/27 P3D red aero, with white interior (skipping EAP/FSD)
8/7/18 updated ‘payment’ section
No delivery date?

Nope, Literally saw change to add financing info today and to confirm all other info. Now I have all the new owner videos etc.
seems like people get a call about delivery in 48-72 hours? Don’t even expect VIN at that point either
That was just the "confirm everything" stage. I did that some 2+ weeks back. No call yet. So I think you'll still be waiting for a while. Is your estimated delivery date Sep-Nov, or Oct-Dec? Mine is Sep-Nov.

Also, nice color choice. I'm going with red+aeros too. :)

Nope, Literally saw change to add financing info today and to confirm all other info. Now I have all the new owner videos etc.
seems like people get a call about delivery in 48-72 hours? Don’t even expect VIN at that point either
See they are so inconsistent. I got the “new” page where I could fill in my finance info at like 1. They called around the same time. I have had a VIN since then (before the VIN trick was disabled). What I don’t know is if my car had been built at the time or not. Seems like it shouldn’t take 3.5 weeks to ship a car cross country.

That was just the "confirm everything" stage. I did that some 2+ weeks back. No call yet. So I think you'll still be waiting for a while. Is your estimated delivery date Sep-Nov, or Oct-Dec? Mine is Sep-Nov.

Also, nice color choice. I'm going with red+aeros too. :)
Ugh and August-October time frame is mine
Did you do cash? I’ve seen if you do cash they have you go ahead and confirm but it just sits there

Ugh and August-October time frame is mine
Did you do cash? I’ve seen if you do cash they have you go ahead and confirm but it just sits there
Well, you're closer than I am! I don't figure I'll get it in Sep, but thinking it will be more towards end of Oct or beginning of Nov. But I really don't know. But yes, all cash, no trade-in. Basically, the easiest transaction for Tesla.

Mine said sept-nov and I’m getting mine delivered next week
That's what I don't understand. I spent an entire career in software engineering. They can easily tell people when to expect delivery w/i a week or two. When did you reserve? Also...if they produce 5k-6k model 3's per week. How are they possibly going to deliver a brand new order made today w/i 3 months. By my count they have 6 months of backlog at that production rate.

That's what I don't understand. I spent an entire career in software engineering. They can easily tell people when to expect delivery w/i a week or two. When did you reserve? Also...if they produce 5k-6k model 3's per week. How are they possibly going to deliver a brand new order made today w/i 3 months. By my count they have 6 months of backlog at that production rate.
I think a lot of the issue is shipping logistics and vehicle storage.

I think a lot of the issue is shipping logistics and vehicle storage.
To be sure, for the RWD they stockpiled all they could to hit 200,000 in Q3. But they do know their production rate, the order's margin (assuming you want the higher margin cars turned into revenue before the lower margin cars). That's one reason I went with FSD now...it's pure margin. MCR is more margin. SO you were in that initial "bubble" of reservations. If there are 5,000 or 10,000 AWDs they can knock those off in a couple of weeks. MSM - multicoat silver metalic? 9 wks config->VIN. That's very encouraging. If that holds, I should hear towards end of Aug. End of Sept Delivery. I have 2012 Pruis plugin advanced. How did you get to configure that for your footer?

Day 1 line stander in the Bay Area not previous owner
Configured 31MAY18
Email notification 26JUL18
Emailed VIN 28JUL18
VIN showed up in account 07AUG18
Delivery 15AUG18 in Devon, PA (Reservation is my brothers who lives in Santa Clara)
White, AWD, aero, EAP, FSD

WOW! There is so much info here. I have been watching this for some time.

Test drove a Model 3 last Tuesday. Got "permission" to go ahead and order one yesterday. RWD, LRB, PUP, EAP, color and wheels uncertain.

My question is: if I order in the next couple of days will I be able to get prior to end of December 2018 which would then give me full $7500 tax credit?

What do you folks think...or know?

WOW! There is so much info here. I have been watching this for some time.

Test drove a Model 3 last Tuesday. Got "permission" to go ahead and order one yesterday. RWD, LRB, PUP, EAP, color and wheels uncertain.

My question is: if I order in the next couple of days will I be able to get prior to end of December 2018 which would then give me full $7500 tax credit?

What do you folks think...or know?

I’d be willing to bet you’d get it before the end of the year. Most RWD people have been getting “the call” within weeks.

@Toadmanor, yes, the average time from configuration to delivery for the Model 3 LR is currently 23 days. Links to the spreadsheet are in the opening message.

Wb8AsvQ.gif