Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol trying to Arizona thing is tempting at this point
If he's trolling (which seems likely if you read the tone of the posts), why would you trust what he's saying about that trick? I personally think that once they assign a VIN, the vehicle is on the way or committed to the delivery center they've chosen. Tesla isn't gonna put that vehicle back on a hauler and move it elsewhere.
There's a lot that doesn't add-up from that guy's posts. Buyer beware.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm also surprised just what could be the big fix in the firmware that's beyond just "update to EPA mileage estimates", but that should have been an incredibly trivial change in code.
I’m a firmware dev. There is almost nothing trivial in firmware, especially when it comes to critical car firmware.

the delivery date on the first page of the app is now blank. i sense an 11th hr delay looming. i hope i'm wrong though.
Does it still show when you go into the appointment details tab? Mine has been hit or miss for days with showing or not showing the delivery time on the main page.
It’s been on the “complete tasks” wording even though they are all checked off for me.

I sat in a showroom M3P that did not have any error messages. And we’ve seen at least a few social media reviews of the car without any issues. So my guess is they updated the firmware after the EPA estimate and caused something to break.
The show room car didn’t have errors visible. The picture was from my car. But it was also in service mode as you can se. whereas the showroom model was not in service mode. So it could’ve been there under the covers just not obvious.

Got my VIN a couple days ago, tried to go get insurance on it, was told by my insurer the car 'did not exist in the database' as of yet. They are going to 'call me back' - but in the meantime, my delivery is waiting for the insurance company to find the VIN. Anyone else experienced this? I was under the impression that once a VIN is generated the coding of that VIN should allow it to be searched, etc.

Got my VIN a couple days ago, tried to go get insurance on it, was told by my insurer the car 'did not exist in the database' as of yet. They are going to 'call me back' - but in the meantime, my delivery is waiting for the insurance company to find the VIN. Anyone else experienced this? I was under the impression that once a VIN is generated the coding of that VIN should allow it to be searched, etc.
As an FYI, dependent on your state law, your current insurance will apply to a new car purchase for say 30-60 days before you must add it to your policy. So if you get a VIN and can't add it to your policy, uploading your current full coverage insurance will satisfy Tesla's proof of insurance requirement.

Received "how to prepare for pickup" email this morning for my appointment tomorrow. Is that standard or will they only send that email if the car is actually ready? Also, this is my first Tesla and I am starting to wonder if there are things I am supposed to be looking for in the screen menus that will flag something that is not ready yet. Any resources anyone can point me to for the deeper level issues that might not be readily apparent to a newbie?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
As an FYI, dependent on your state law, your current insurance will apply to a new car purchase for say 30-60 days before you must add it to your policy. So if you get a VIN and can't add it to your policy, uploading your current full coverage insurance will satisfy Tesla's proof of insurance requirement.

Ya, I did this - the delivery advisor still said they want it ON the policy before it's delivered. Just hope it does not hold things up. TX laws have changed WRT Tesla since I bought my last one, so I just dont know what the deal is anymore.

Reactions: ashegam
Yeah, the timing for VIN updates varies between the insurers. When I was getting quotes, State Farm and Progressive couldn't find my VIN but everyone else could. YMMV.

You can upload your existing insurance card without the Tesla on it in the app and that'll check off that step.