Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I don’t think that’s a thing. Mine updated a week before my EDD window opened. The most plausible explanation is a cruel drunk monkey that likes to do random $#!+ all the time. Sometimes that randomness shows some form of synchronicity or repetitiveness, but in the end it’s just a drunk monkey.
Oh it's a thing for sure, it happened exactly at the time/date the person said it would. But it seems there is more than just a thing, there are many things :)

We just happen to figure one of them out.

Reminder, a vin doesn’t mean it’s time to schedule delivery. Plus only one person has their car and it’s by accident.

Tesla is famous for not responding when they have nothing to say/update/answer. We are all so excited for this model and any new Tesla makes a normal person giddy, but I blame Amazon when they started 3 day delivery (same day now). Our culture has become instant gratification. Tesla has one of the best production and logistics system anywhere, let alone for cars. Just be patient like the old days waiting a month til Christmas to get an intellivision video game. It’s all happening as we sleep with visions of rocket thrusters in our head. Just imagine putting 200k down on a new roadster five years ago - as Pink Floyd screams - still waiting!

Same day ftw. I’ve reached peak laziness and order things like toilet paper online. If I had to wait 3 days I’d resort to scooting around on carpet or grass like a dog.

i hear this lol. ive been dieting for the last couple months so since the beginning of march ive lost almost 35 pounds so im down to 251 now. so hopefully by the end of the year my car will be even quicker with me in it lol

Awesome progress! Keep it up.

Guys I gotta be honest, the day one orders originally said May-June…it’s still May for another week and it seems like a lot of VINs are being assigned and people will get their cars in likely June. I really think things are going to tighten up and the original delivery windows will be made and then we can all stop checking this forum, the spreadsheet and the Tesla App all day every day ;)

But this is half the fun..... Closest thing to Christmas since we were 8yrs old.

Agreed. It was fun interacting with people when I was waiting for the bronco to come out. Thought I'd be out adventuring once I got my car. Fast forward, truck is sold and the only rock crawling I did was over some curbs at the mall.

I switched my delivery location to the Fremont factory this week. Figured that would give me a shot of getting it earlier! (No transit)

Going to deliver this from the Womb!

Lol. I need Elon to breastfeed my car to give it a competitive advantage.

Curious for any of the (few) people with deliveries scheduled for today if you're still on the schedule, or been told to reschedule?

Who knows what happening anymore. It's been radio silence from that one guy that took delivery. Tesla may have abducted him to a black site on mars for posting those clips.

I'm still confirmed for 1030am pst delivery. I'll post pics and confirmation after delivery.
Fingers crossed! I got a text a few minutes ago (sounded like it could be a bot reply though) to my asking if the firmware update was applied. It said it wasn’t done on my vehicle yet and they’d reach out to service and then I could schedule delivery. But it sounded more canned reply (as I’m already scheduled). It didn’t ask me to change my schedule, as the prior pushback messages had. So tentatively hopeful still!
But if they start giving them out today, that bodes well for the software fix exists!

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
It was too good to be true! May 23 - June 20 was my previous EDD. Updated this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_5728.jpeg
    IMG_5728.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 6
Kind of blows my mind that it’s taking so many days (a week now?) for this firmware update. If people scheduled for today and into the weekend get pushed back again, it seems like it something more than just firmware.
I'm inclined to agree. I'm also surprised just what could be the big fix in the firmware that's beyond just "update to EPA mileage estimates", but that should have been an incredibly trivial change in code.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd