Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is May 24-June 7, and it still says that as of today.

No VIN but dates changed, see below. It changed on May 23 at 7am PDT (10am EST). As another user observed, the dates update 1 day after your first date at 7am PDT. so My next anticipated update will be June 2 at 7am PDT, unless I get assigned a VIN which could happen at any time.

View attachment 1050059

Just checked the app, previous edd was may23 to June 20th…tightened to may29th to June12
SG/blk michigan

It was too good to be true! May 23 - June 20 was my previous EDD. Updated this morning.

@P-Lo801 Reread what I said in bold. Also look at the two other examples. So you should see an update tomorrow 4/25 at 7AM PDT, not today.

Reactions: P-Lo801
That’s big news if it’s true. And I tend to believe there’s something to it because if the only thing holding up deliveries was pushing a ready to go firmware update we would have seen a bunch of deliveries by now. There’s no way Tesla is holding up sales and cash flow over a 30 minute software update.
Agree the update itself is likely 30 minutes. But I think the real delay is Tesla creating the actual software build. Unless there's problems with the install.
I got to sit in my car yesterday and saw there were a few active alerts about Firmware mismatches between the "Vehicle Gateway" and the touchscreen, as well as the Telematics Control Unit mismatching with the vehicle. The alerts all mentioned something that it may have been caused by an unsuccessful or incomplete update. So maybe there's some issue applying the "30 minute update" but it might also be that it just doesn't exist yet. And, of course, the errors I saw might have been specific to my specific vehicle, and not indicating everyone's having those issues.

Reactions: jiren and TheHeez
Agree the update itself is likely 30 minutes. But I think the real delay is Tesla creating the actual software build. Unless there's problems with the install.
I got to sit in my car yesterday and saw there were a few active alerts about Firmware mismatches between the "Vehicle Gateway" and the touchscreen, as well as the Telematics Control Unit mismatching with the vehicle. The alerts all mentioned something that it may have been caused by an unsuccessful or incomplete update. So maybe there's some issue applying the "30 minute update" but it might also be that it just doesn't exist yet. And, of course, the errors I saw might have been specific to my specific vehicle, and not indicating everyone's having those issues.
Adding the pictures I took yesterday of the errors. Someone might find them interesting or read more/less into it than I know how to.

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    520.8 KB · Views: 5
Yeah I'm pretty sure that "recall" thing is BS. They wouldn't recall M3Ps to put LG packs in them because it's the Panasonic pack that makes the M3P qualify for the tax credit. So why would they put an LG pack in that they know doesn't qualify. If there's any grain of truth at all to that post, it might be that the EPA/NHTSA was arguing with Tesla about whether or not the Panasonic pack actually qualifies for the tax credit. But I even doubt that.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Adding the pictures I took yesterday of the errors. Someone might find them interesting or read more/less into it than I know how to.

That looks to me like someone simply tried to update the firmware and either an invalid version was put in there or the firmware install was incomplete and some of the modules got updated while others did not. Probably a simple fix: push entire new firmware patch to all modules.

That looks to me like someone simply tried to update the firmware and either an invalid version was put in there or the firmware install was incomplete and some of the modules got updated while others did not. Probably a simple fix: push entire new firmware patch to all modules.
Yeah unknown if ALL of the cars throwing these errors, or just mine in particular. Sample size of 1 makes much detailed knowledge impossible.
One other point I noticed, the firmware (2024.8.200) was the same as the M3P that was inside the showroom.