Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a response from my Advisor. "We are unable to transfer FSD"

boo.
I got the same message.

I went to the Tesla Service and Delivery Center near the house. They said the same thing but one of the guys at the desk said a number of people have been asking about it.

Elon really needs to send out formal emails when he makes such statements (like at the shareholder meeting) so the front-line folks don't have to deal with customers angry.

I've got about 18 hours to decide if I want to reject the delivery if they don't make this right. :|

Reactions: diamond.g
I punched it a couple times on dry pavement today and noticed something I've never felt in my 2021 LR with acceleration boost. In insane mode, you can feel all 4 tires just CLAWING for grip. At least up to maybe 40-50 it seems traction limited on the street. You can feel it doing a little "wiggle" almost like a boat accelerating on slightly choppy water. Don't know how to explain it but it's pretty cool. :cool:

Where I work today is a designated holiday, but I work at a manufacturing plant that runs 24/7 so there are roles that have to work. FTEs get holiday pay if they are hourly, and salaried employees get a comp day (replacement holiday day) they can take in place of the holiday.

If an FTE works in a job that might need to come in to provide support for something, they are basically on call, even if its a holiday.

Contractor employees follow the rules of the company they contract with.

None of this changes the fact that today is still a designated company holiday. I would imagine this type of setup is fairly common.

(I dont work for Tesla or in the auto industry).
Hmmmm. Where do you work with FTE’s?

Hmmmm. Where do you work with FTE’s?

I am using the Acronym "FTE" to mean "Full Time Employee" which is what the acronym means where I work. I dont know of another meaning for it, but the way you phrased the question sounds like you have a different meaning than that in mind.

Reactions: Raptor911
C’mon, jj. It’s time. Join the club… 😁

My AC for my home failed last year, and I had to replace it (the unit was the one that came with the home, in 2005). I ended up replacing both full AC systems for my home, and went with a high end Lennox variable speed system ($$$$).

If I had not done that last year, I would have already ordered one of these, even though I dont need it, and even though there is nothing wrong with my existing (paid for) 2018 Model 3P. I keep talking myself out of raiding a retirement savings account for the money, lol.

I am using the Acronym "FTE" to mean "Full Time Employee" which is what the acronym means where I work. I dont know of another meaning for it, but the way you phrased the question sounds like you have a different meaning than that in mind.
I thought it was “full time equivalent”. So for example a full time employee is 1 FTE and a ½ time employee would be 0.5 FTE.

Reactions: SnipeAT
I'm planning on getting a new set of wheels with winter tires so i can just swap out the wheels in the winter and summer. Not sure what im going with yet.
When I got my 2018 M3P in September of 2018, here in MN I didn't know, initially, that I needed another set of wheels/tires! I think it was this website that clued me in.
Fortunately, TSportline had a nice set of 19" Wheels/Pirelli winters and I've been swapping ever since. It's getting a bit tiresome (pun intended) to swap and rotate and I'm not looking forward to doubling the workload when my 2024 M3P arrives. I'll definitely go with a square setup, wheels will be 19", I think 18" are too small (possible snow packing around the brakes?), 20" too bumpy and not enough sidewall. Not sure of the tire width yet.
Let us know what you go with!

Reactions: HBDesiato
I saw this video where they were using a square setup with 18" 265s on the new M3P:

I think these are the wheels: Aspira AF-10 18x9.0 Square - Street Performance

And the tires: https://www.tiresandco.ca/car-tires/kumho/ecsta-ps91/265-40-r18-101-y-xl-d-a-72-b.html

I was wondering if there is anything special required to go to a square setup, or if it's as simple as replacing all 4 wheels with the same type.
Nothing special is required. It's preference at this point.

-Danny

picked her up today!

3 things wrong with it:
- condensation in rear left light
- charging cover manual release cable not properly mounted in the trunk
- car pulling slightly to the right

scheduled a service appointment while in the delivery lot for next Tuesday

but holy crap, it’s so freaking fast. beautiful and glorious to drive.

as an added bonus i saw a poster that said “ludicrous performance”… why did they drop the name!? lol

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpeg
    IMG_1404.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1406.jpeg
    IMG_1406.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1401.jpeg
    IMG_1401.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1399.jpeg
    IMG_1399.jpeg