Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new Tesla owner

Ordered SG/White on 5/29

EDD was July-August then June 22-30:
asked SA last week if it was a soft match, they replied I should be getting my VIN this month

Just got my VIN this morning @7am
Didn’t fill out my insurance yet or anything then got another text that I can schedule my delivery

Side note* my bro works at Tesla SC he’s gonna check if my car is here or still being delivered

I think there is a very reasonable chance you get assigned a vin before mid July. You probably need to put your order on hold to ensure you dont get one if you dont want one while you are gone.

I think there is a better chance of @PaVi90 getting assigned a vin and delivery being pushed on them before the end of june, than there is them not getting a vin till august. To me, there is virtually zero chance it would take that long to get them a vin assigned.

If you read back through the thread (yeah I know its a lot but you have been reading along as I have) you will see that for all of the 500+ pages of vin bellyaching and complaints about estimated delivery dates, the vast majority of the people who ordered with a june date are taking delivery in june (or already took delivery).

Waaay back in the beginning of the thread when I suggested that people not look at the delivery date changes and ignore their order till they got a vin, and that it would save them some angst, would probably have been a lot less stressed out if they did that. Site admins probably are happy things work out this way (lots of website traffic), but I am just a regular volunteer, who was trying to help people not stress out, even though I knew that there was virtually zero chance a large number of people would pay attention to what I was suggesting.

Anyway, If I was betting on @PaVi90 getting offered a vin before the end of june, or having to wait till august, I would bet heavily on the former.
I feel like we need a pinned post at the top of every page that says "EDDs DON'T MATTER!"

Reactions: Raptor911
I feel like we need a pinned post at the top of every page that says "EDDs DON'T MATTER!"
Yep - it’s frustrating that the whole EDD system is so screwed up - but it just is. Mine pushed out little by little, then
In late March mine got pushed all the way out to July 28- September 8. June 1st I woke up to a text that VIN was assigned and delivery window open for like 10 days from then. 🤷‍♂️ I know several others that had the same thing happen.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I think there is a very reasonable chance you get assigned a vin before mid July. You probably need to put your order on hold to ensure you dont get one if you dont want one while you are gone.

I think there is a better chance of @PaVi90 getting assigned a vin and delivery being pushed on them before the end of june, than there is them not getting a vin till august. To me, there is virtually zero chance it would take that long to get them a vin assigned.

If you read back through the thread (yeah I know its a lot but you have been reading along as I have) you will see that for all of the 500+ pages of vin bellyaching and complaints about estimated delivery dates, the vast majority of the people who ordered with a june date are taking delivery in june (or already took delivery).

Waaay back in the beginning of the thread when I suggested that people not look at the delivery date changes and ignore their order till they got a vin, and that it would save them some angst, would probably have been a lot less stressed out if they did that. Site admins probably are happy things work out this way (lots of website traffic), but I am just a regular volunteer, who was trying to help people not stress out, even though I knew that there was virtually zero chance a large number of people would pay attention to what I was suggesting.

Anyway, If I was betting on @PaVi90 getting offered a vin before the end of june, or having to wait till august, I would bet heavily on the former.
Thanks for elaborating! Ok, back to freaking out I go :p (I guess if I put my order on hold, then I have no more chances of refusing delivery in case I spot any major defects?). Btw I don't really care about the part that placing on hold would delay the order or even put me to the bottom of the queue.

I had no clue how 1,000% meaningless EDD actually is - right now I've got 06/24-06/30 yet no VIN... I will see how things develop from here!

Brand new Tesla owner

Ordered SG/White on 5/29

EDD was July-August then June 22-30:
asked SA last week if it was a soft match, they replied I should be getting my VIN this month

Just got my VIN this morning @7am
Didn’t fill out my insurance yet or anything then got another text that I can schedule my delivery

Side note* my bro works at Tesla SC he’s gonna check if my car is here or still being delivered

Congrats!

I ordered SG/Blk on 6/3. No VIN yet. EDD is 6/25-6/30 since 6/17. Located in SoCal. Hoping I’ll get a delivery date soon. Selling my 1st Gen M3P and my buyer is eagerly waiting too…

Congrats!

I ordered SG/Blk on 6/3. No VIN yet. EDD is 6/25-6/30 since 6/17. Located in SoCal. Hoping I’ll get a delivery date soon. Selling my 1st Gen M3P and my buyer is eagerly waiting too…
1719251989816.png

1719252107669.png

1719252033019.png