Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are they any good all season tires we can switch to on this model? or will we need to wait since the tires are staggered?
235/30 R20 Front
275/30 R20 Rear
according to M3 Ludicrous - What do we know?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?zip-code=98008&frontWidth=235/&frontRatio=30&frontDiameter=20&rearWidth=275/&rearRatio=30&rearDiameter=20&performance=ALL

Only Max/UltraHigh Performance Summer in that list. "fun"

Reactions: jiren
235/30 R20 Front
275/30 R20 Rear

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?zip-code=98008&frontWidth=235/&frontRatio=30&frontDiameter=20&rearWidth=275/&rearRatio=30&rearDiameter=20&performance=ALL

ugh! so we need to wait it seems. good thing where i’m at there really isn’t a real winter. but i do hope we get some nice all weathers soon after.

For those of you who can’t use summer tires all year round what is your plan?
I have a staggered set of TSW Nurburgrings that i originally bought for my 2018 M3 LR that I recently refinished and has Pilot Spot All-Seasons put on. I'm currently running those on my 2023 M3P which I'll be trading in. I'll prob run them all year, but we'll see.

Don't mind the dirty car. I thought I had more photos of it, obviously not :)

I have a Red with black interior on order as of around noon yesterday. ETA May-June. I really wanted red and white like my 2021 S that got totalled :( But missing out on the credit isn't worth it.

IMG_1336.jpeg

I was all set to pull the trigger this week on the LR, had no thought the M3P would come in 2k under that price with the tax credit. I felt like I had to commit. I hope I like those sport seats, I have meaty thighs... :)

I find it funny it is giving me the "Earlier Pickup Available" since when I click on it there are no matches.

1714021984930.jpeg

235/30 R20 Front
275/30 R20 Rear

From Nic Curuz Patane on X:

"China exclusive" 19" Warp wheels
- Staggered
- 235/40 R19 Front
- 265/35 R19 Rear

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?zip-code=98008&frontWidth=235/&frontRatio=40&frontDiameter=19&rearWidth=265/&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=19&performance=ALL

6 all season choices there

So might need to ship/smuggle some wheels from China for the non-summer set. ;)

Reactions: jiren

No plans. Took delivery of my 23’ M3P in
December of 22’. Had to drive through a snow storm to visit family at Christmas in Punxsy. And surprisingly did fine. The weather on the shore is mild enough not to warrant a tire change imo.

I'm curious to see the new forged wheels in person and also see how much they weigh. My initial thoughts were to replace them with some lightweight 18" or 19" wheels with a square all season tire setup for a few reason. All season tires, range improvement, weight reduction, and tire rotation.

Then the decision is whether to sell the take-offs or keep them for summer use. I'm thinking I would sell because you would probably get the most in the very beginning of deliveries before the market is flooded like the old M3P Uberturbines.

I'm curious to see the new forged wheels in person and also see how much they weigh. My initial thoughts were to replace them with some lightweight 18" or 19" wheels with a square all season tire setup for a few reason. All season tires, range improvement, weight reduction, and tire rotation.

Then the decision is whether to sell the take-offs or keep them for summer use. I'm thinking I would sell because you would probably get the most in the very beginning of deliveries before the market is flooded like the old M3P Uberturbines.
I've never owned a vehicle with staggered wheels before. I was hoping this was possible to get a second set in square for winter tires. That would allow rotation, is likely much cheaper, and I don't plan on gunning it on winters :). Can anyone confirm square wheels possible on a car that's stock staggered?

I've never owned a vehicle with staggered wheels before. I was hoping this was possible to get a second set in square for winter tires. That would allow rotation, is likely much cheaper, and I don't plan on gunning it on winters :). Can anyone confirm square wheels possible on a car that's stock staggered?
Yes, it's all about offsets. I run staggered on a car that stock has square.

Reactions: mikelipino
Ready for my red/black.
With so many recent drops in prices and waiting on my CT, decided to lease for 24 months. Enjoy the heck out of it and then onto the next one.

During the registration process, it asks to apply for financing/leasing but it's only good for 60 days or you will have to run another hard report.

Will waiting to apply delay getting a delivery date?

Ready for my red/black.
With so many recent drops in prices and waiting on my CT, decided to lease for 24 months. Enjoy the heck out of it and then onto the next one.

During the registration process, it asks to apply for financing/leasing but it's only good for 60 days or you will have to run another hard report.

Will waiting to apply delay getting a delivery date?
Wait until you have a VIN assigned.

Gray / Black ordered - still on the fence about the colors

Will be my first lease, does Tesla care if you turn it in with tinted windows?

Lease info (California):

0.0049600 money factor on a 24 month
0.0036100 on 36 month

$7500 tax credit is being applied as a down payment

IMG_0503.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd