Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DId you wait a day or so before completing your initial tasks? When I last purchased, it was speculated you didn't get in the queue until passing certain steps (registration, finance, etc...)

I ordered an hour and 50 minutes after ordering opened and I ended up with a RN12152 order number and a VIN on 5/16. Maybe that's (in part) because I completed every task available in the app within minutes of placing my order so there would be no excuse for delays?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Wonder if first batch was white interior for marketing reason of bling for the show rooms, of the new shiny release? Every showroom world wide seems to be getting a white. Even if not getting a M3P you see the white as the "premium" bling factor and are persuaded for it as a compromise for your MY-RWD since you need the practicality of a suv, .9% financing and IRA.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a possible 3rd option which is where the large aero inserts are removed and replaced with inserts that are the same as the small aero inserts that cover the holes. It basically makes it so that it’s an even “ring” around the edge of the rim. If I could buy those and put them on like the picture below, I’d probably do that. Why Tesla decided to have the ugly holes exposed without the small inserts is beyond me. It looks terrible.
That is the second option... That picture is like that because that is the 19" wheels with holes in every section and not just holes in every other section like the 20". On the 20" the sections without the holes won't be able to clip that thin black plastic insert on.

Tesla is famous for not responding when they have nothing to say/update/answer. We are all so excited for this model and any new Tesla makes a normal person giddy, but I blame Amazon when they started 3 day delivery (same day now). Our culture has become instant gratification. Tesla has one of the best production and logistics system anywhere, let alone for cars. Just be patient like the old days waiting a month til Christmas to get an intellivision video game. It’s all happening as we sleep with visions of rocket thrusters in our head. Just imagine putting 200k down on a new roadster five years ago - as Pink Floyd screams - still waiting!
I remember ordering my Subaru Legacy GT. Took 3 months, that's what they told me it might take and that's what happened. I didn't get a daily update on the status and VIN numbers and all that jazz till it was getting shipped to the dealer. I just waited.

Managed to see an SG in person last night and while the car itself looks phenomenal, I was shocked at how muted the color was. Very disappointing and dull. Will my order get dinged if I swap to something else?
I think most colors look bad at night. Try to look at it in the sun. White and black are likely the only colors that look similar day/night.

Is your’s still the same as before? Do you have a VIN yet?

No VIN but dates changed, see below. It changed on May 23 at 7am PDT (10am EST). As another user observed, the dates update 1 day after your first date at 7am PDT. so My next anticipated update will be June 2 at 7am PDT, unless I get assigned a VIN which could happen at any time.

1716555912673.png

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
No VIN but dates changed, see below. It changed on May 23 at 7am PDT (10am EST). As another user observed, the dates update 1 day after your first date at 7am PDT. so My next anticipated update will be June 2 at 7am PDT, unless I get assigned a VIN which could happen at any time.

View attachment 1050059
Yeah, I don’t think that’s a thing. Mine updated a week before my EDD window opened. The most plausible explanation is a cruel drunk monkey that likes to do random $#!+ all the time. Sometimes that randomness shows some form of synchronicity or repetitiveness, but in the end it’s just a drunk monkey.