Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully I can pickup this Sunday because life is too busy to be trying to chase these dates down and figure out scheduling with everything too.
Exactly, if my window with VIN keeps getting pushed, then pick-up is going to be a big pain. I work 12 hour shifts and can't just jet out to drive a 100 miles or take time off. It would actually be better to get the vehicle at the very end of June but if I miss this window then who knows how far out they'll push me or maybe just cancel the order? No clue how missing an initial delivery and not being able to get scheduled within 14 days works.

Not gonna lie, for what we get sub-60K, we are all getting a steal here.
Especially when considering that most of the vehicles on this list are at least $100K. I think the M3, M5 and Plaid might be the only others below $100K, and none are below $75K. That's absolutely insane performance-to-price ratio. It might just be the best value vehicle ever made, especially if it handles a track anywhere close to as well as an M3.

Especially when considering that most of the vehicles on this list are at least $100K. I think the M3, M5 and Plaid might be the only others below $100K, and none are below $75K. That's absolutely insane performance-to-price ratio. It might just be the best value vehicle ever made, especially if it handles a track anywhere close to as well as an M3.
even the previous m3p was insane value, I felt like I was driving a cheat code, now with this new one feeling way more solid its not even a question how much value this car gives you. And if you qualify for the tax rebate, good god, who would have ever thought you could get a 0-60 car under 3 seconds for 55k lol

Exactly, if my window with VIN keeps getting pushed, then pick-up is going to be a big pain. I work 12 hour shifts and can't just jet out to drive a 100 miles or take time off. It would actually be better to get the vehicle at the very end of June but if I miss this window then who knows how far out they'll push me or maybe just cancel the order? No clue how missing an initial delivery and not being able to get scheduled within 14 days works.
This is my first Tesla, and I'm curious about delivery as well. So, do you just get to pick which day to pick up the vehicle? Or does Tesla give you a set of days to pick it up? If so, what if you can't make it on any of those days? Does your car just go to someone else?

even the previous m3p was insane value, I felt like I was driving a cheat code, now with this new one feeling way more solid its not even a question how much value this car gives you. And if you qualify for the tax rebate, good god, who would have ever thought you could get a 0-60 car under 3 seconds for 55k lol
As low as $45,490 for many of us! Actually, if that insane Oregon tax credit mentioned above is true, then for as low as $37,990 there! Imagine the idea of an M3 killer that's in some ways better than an M3 that can do sub-3 0-60, sub-11 quarter, nearly Mercedes-level sound dampening, one of the best stock sound systems ever made, and that could quite literally drive itself within the next 1-3 years (and if we're truly lucky, make money doing it), all for less than $50K all-in. Bargain of the century.

This is my first Tesla, and I'm curious about delivery as well. So, do you just get to pick which day to pick up the vehicle? Or does Tesla give you a set of days to pick it up? If so, what if you can't make it on any of those days? Does your car just go to someone else?
you get a 3-5 day window... don't know what happens if you don't pick a date after that. Reach out to service center and let them know your timing. They try and work with you as much as they can

Reactions: zeroifex
As low as $45,490 for many of us! Actually, if that insane Oregon tax credit mentioned above is true, then for as low as $37,990 there! Imagine the idea of an M3 killer that's in some ways better than an M3 that can do sub-3 0-60, sub-11 quarter, nearly Mercedes-level sound dampening, one of the best stock sound systems ever made, and that could quite literally drive itself within the next 1-3 years (and if we're truly lucky, make money doing it), all for less than $50K all-in. Bargain of the century.
Yeah, I actually have family that lives in Oregon. Learning this got me wondering if maybe...hmm. 🤔😅

• Funny
Reactions: arkhos
Yes, I actually took delivery one day earlier than scheduled. The scheduling system kept bugging me to pick it up earlier so I took delivery yesterday. See attached pic in front of the Fremont factory. People aren’t going to believe this but I ordered last Thursday (5/23) and picked up on Tuesday (5/28), so within 5 days of ordering. I don’t know how this happened, but I got lucky and probably got a car that someone cancelled. I do know that the car was built and onsite on Monday 5/27. Obviously me being local to the Fremont area played a role. I feel bad for getting the car ahead of so many people and personally don’t think that is right, but it’s Tesla.

I am pleasantly surprised by the build quality, especially after hearing earlier reports of gaps and rattles. My car is pretty much as perfect as I can expect. There are no gaps, alignment (both body and wheel), or rattling issues. The cabin is so quiet that you start to hear things that are normally masked by road noise. There is orange peel texture in the paint, but again expected. No other debris or blemishes, actually exceeded my expectations.

I have a 2018 BMW M3 to compare it against and I would say the build quality is of course not as good, but it is getting close. For an American built car, it is superb. The first gen model 3 Performance that I looked at in 2018 was atrocious. Opening up the trunk you could see welds that looked like a kindergartener’s finger painting. Now things are so much better, welds are clean, but not as straight and uniform as a BMW, but close.

My delivery experience was amazing. It was very special for me to pick up an American made car from the factory in my neighboring community. Had a great sense of pride and appreciation for it all.
Congrats! Now get in your M3P and drive quickly and go pick up some lottery tickets.

Reactions: jose3030
I mean the MS LR is just over 60k also depending what type of performance you want

lol has someone actually run a sub 11 yet? Without weight savings