Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks nasty! Reminds me of high school where you woke up one day and had a massive zit on your face but couldn't pop it cause it hurt like a mother. Get that bad boy professionally popped asap!
Service appointment submitted right as I took delivery. Gonna be a month before I can get in. But I say little paint issue because it’s a lease and not my car so nothing to stress about. It’ll get fixed.

Around here there some tint shops that give "Ticket guarantees" included in the price or some do "Ticket insurance" for an extra charge. Basically, if you get a fix-it ticket for illegal tint they installed, they'll remove the tint so you can get your ticket signed off on, then they will re-apply the same tint you had, all for free. You're only out the price of your fix-it ticket.
Instead you get stopped leaving dinner after having a couple drinks and boom your SOL! Don't go too dark fellow Tesla owners, you could be sorry later. I always had 20% or darker, not on this time. I am going with the 35% and calling it a day.

• Funny
Reactions: jv92red
Yeah, but Giga Texas and handle any uptick in orders for Y due to the interest reductions. They need to Stop 3LR and SR for a bit and concentrate on 3 P ;)
Aren't there like 30 combinations of Model 3s?

3x5x2 = 30 combos that can happen. Does that mean they need to switch out the lines 30 times? Actually, now that I think about it, they probably only need to have a few lines because the RWD and LR AWD are likely the same line and the exterior color is separate. That only leaves us with the trim and the interior color. I'm just going crazy waiting for my car as you can tell...

Model 3RWDSGBLK
LR AWDWHTWHT
P AWDBLU
BLK
RED

I had 20% on a WRX back in 2010 and decided to go legal in Illinois (35%) all around for my current car.

The 35% are way too light and I’ve complained about them since I first got them. My M3P will be 20% all around.

Night visibility is okay with 35% and dark areas you’ll still roll the windows down. With the 20% it’s a bit harder, but only if there’s little to no visible light outside.

I’ll upload the pics later on. The 35% you can see through quite a bit with an overcast and in daylight you can see basically everything when the sun is over it. Not a fan

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    498.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20220530_011308601.jpg
    PXL_20220530_011308601.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230412_201348747.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20230412_201348747.MP~2.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I am really liking how those wheels look without the larger aero inserts. Makes it look much more aggressive IMO. Did you take them out yourself? If so, how difficult was it? I have heard some people mentioning that they took them out and the wheels were not in the greatest shape underneath which worries me.
I wonder if someone is going to make a little video of what they look like in motion without the inserts? Anyone?

Yes, I have a sickness...

Around here there some tint shops that give "Ticket guarantees" included in the price or some do "Ticket insurance" for an extra charge. Basically, if you get a fix-it ticket for illegal tint they installed, they'll remove the tint so you can get your ticket signed off on, then they will re-apply the same tint you had, all for free. You're only out the price of your fix-it ticket.

The app is down for me. Anyone else having issues?
I thought it was my LTE lol...

1717617077036.png

Whelp, I got the call everyone dreads right before my appointment. At about an hour and a half before pickup, I got a call from the service center saying, "the front bumper was damaged during transport, and they will not allow me to pick up the vehicle." there was no additional information they could provide at the time. They have no estimate on how long it will take to replace / repair the issue, nor would they describe what exactly the issue was. I know it has to be a bit more than just cosmetic paint problems, otherwise they would just fix it in house and reschedule the pickup date.
It is near impossible to contact anyone via text or phone to ask for updates, so as of right now, I'm just waiting for a phone call or message that could be hours, days, or weeks away.
He did state that there are no other MP3's in the area that I could swap to and they are trying to come up with a resolution.
My worry is, the resolution will be ordering me another MP3 and putting me at the back of the waiting list.
If they did decide to repair or replace the bumper, how would you feel about paying full price for a vehicle that has already had parts replaced before you've ever seen it. I personally don't think it would be too big of a deal and don't think it's worth the hassle of complaining.
Also, what should my next steps be? should I continue to try and make contact with the delivery center or are there other means of contacting someone at tesla who might have answers. I should add that my schedule does not allow for me to visit the center without great inconvenience, so stopping by and hassling them in person would be a last resort option.

so far, they have not canceled my appointment and the app is just taunting me with the "accept delivery now" option :(

View attachment 1053902

Whelp, I got the call everyone dreads right before my appointment. At about an hour and a half before pickup, I got a call from the service center saying, "the front bumper was damaged during transport, and they will not allow me to pick up the vehicle." there was no additional information they could provide at the time. They have no estimate on how long it will take to replace / repair the issue, nor would they describe what exactly the issue was. I know it has to be a bit more than just cosmetic paint problems, otherwise they would just fix it in house and reschedule the pickup date.
It is near impossible to contact anyone via text or phone to ask for updates, so as of right now, I'm just waiting for a phone call or message that could be hours, days, or weeks away.
He did state that there are no other MP3's in the area that I could swap to and they are trying to come up with a resolution.
My worry is, the resolution will be ordering me another MP3 and putting me at the back of the waiting list.
If they did decide to repair or replace the bumper, how would you feel about paying full price for a vehicle that has already had parts replaced before you've ever seen it. I personally don't think it would be too big of a deal and don't think it's worth the hassle of complaining.
Also, what should my next steps be? should I continue to try and make contact with the delivery center or are there other means of contacting someone at tesla who might have answers. I should add that my schedule does not allow for me to visit the center without great inconvenience, so stopping by and hassling them in person would be a last resort option.

so far, they have not canceled my appointment and the app is just taunting me with the "accept delivery now" option :(
That’s a tough decision because you’ve already waited at probably 4-5 weeks but spending $55k on a new car I would want all new parts. If they fix it is it gonna impact the value of it if you were to resell it or trade it in down the line?

I’d like to think that if they make you reorder they would prioritize your order but I could be wrong.

Reactions: jose3030