Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All you compulsive refreshers crashed the servers.
Daily reminder

1717618726445.png

Picking up my car currently in Mt. Kisco (red/black). Car is perfect on panel alignment and everything else minus I have a small paint defect on the front quarter panel.

There’s someone else here who is picking up a grey/white.
Was my white/black M3P sitting around there somewhere? I had the same EDD range/location as you but no updates :(

Reactions: jose3030
Lol I did! Like I said - one issue! I had an hour and a half drive home. Man what a night and day difference between the 2021 3 Performance and this one.

This is my little paint issue that I've got. Everything else was good.

That looks like blood that was left to dry.
Don't ask me how i Know that (bumped my head other day, started bleeding from nose, a droplet or two fell on my phone, it dried and looked JUST like that)

Reactions: Raptor911
View attachment 1053902

Whelp, I got the call everyone dreads right before my appointment. At about an hour and a half before pickup, I got a call from the service center saying, "the front bumper was damaged during transport, and they will not allow me to pick up the vehicle." there was no additional information they could provide at the time. They have no estimate on how long it will take to replace / repair the issue, nor would they describe what exactly the issue was. I know it has to be a bit more than just cosmetic paint problems, otherwise they would just fix it in house and reschedule the pickup date.
It is near impossible to contact anyone via text or phone to ask for updates, so as of right now, I'm just waiting for a phone call or message that could be hours, days, or weeks away.
He did state that there are no other MP3's in the area that I could swap to and they are trying to come up with a resolution.
My worry is, the resolution will be ordering me another MP3 and putting me at the back of the waiting list.
If they did decide to repair or replace the bumper, how would you feel about paying full price for a vehicle that has already had parts replaced before you've ever seen it. I personally don't think it would be too big of a deal and don't think it's worth the hassle of complaining.
Also, what should my next steps be? should I continue to try and make contact with the delivery center or are there other means of contacting someone at tesla who might have answers. I should add that my schedule does not allow for me to visit the center without great inconvenience, so stopping by and hassling them in person would be a last resort option.

so far, they have not canceled my appointment and the app is just taunting me with the "accept delivery now" option :(
Not really loving the whole "no other MP3's in the area" thing.

Reactions: jose3030
View attachment 1053902

Whelp, I got the call everyone dreads right before my appointment. At about an hour and a half before pickup, I got a call from the service center saying, "the front bumper was damaged during transport, and they will not allow me to pick up the vehicle." there was no additional information they could provide at the time. They have no estimate on how long it will take to replace / repair the issue, nor would they describe what exactly the issue was. I know it has to be a bit more than just cosmetic paint problems, otherwise they would just fix it in house and reschedule the pickup date.
It is near impossible to contact anyone via text or phone to ask for updates, so as of right now, I'm just waiting for a phone call or message that could be hours, days, or weeks away.
He did state that there are no other MP3's in the area that I could swap to and they are trying to come up with a resolution.
My worry is, the resolution will be ordering me another MP3 and putting me at the back of the waiting list.
If they did decide to repair or replace the bumper, how would you feel about paying full price for a vehicle that has already had parts replaced before you've ever seen it. I personally don't think it would be too big of a deal and don't think it's worth the hassle of complaining.
Also, what should my next steps be? should I continue to try and make contact with the delivery center or are there other means of contacting someone at tesla who might have answers. I should add that my schedule does not allow for me to visit the center without great inconvenience, so stopping by and hassling them in person would be a last resort option.

so far, they have not canceled my appointment and the app is just taunting me with the "accept delivery now" option :(

This is my fear, driving 2.5 hours to the delivery center, for them to tell me an hour before pickup that the car is borked and I cant take delivery.

Reactions: AspiringArch
EDD pushed back to june 8th-june 17th. :-( was hopeful for delivery this weekend.

Was told the car was in Jacksonville yesterday but I'm in the Tampa area. It's under a 4 hour drive and was recently told delivery is expected to be around the 12th. I'm hoping the SA is just being cautious as I'd have to figure out a ride.

Fingers crossed and congrats to all of the new owners!

Picked up on Monday night around 7pm. They were running about an hour late which they said was due to 4 Cyber Truck deliveries that they say are a pain in the ass because of the time required to detail. Fit/finish is perfect. Everything lines up perfectly. Car drives like a dream as you'd expect so I won't bore you there. The only issue is the alignment pulls to the right and the steering wheel is slightly off-center which is being fixed on Friday morning. In the app they were not so kind about this, saying they need to verify I didn't damage the vehicle to cause this issue. My response was a not-so-nice version of I've had the car for 10 min and 8 miles so spare me.... Tint was done yesterday. 15% all around, back, and roof. 55% on front. The parking lot pic is from this morning. Love how the UR changes based on the sun.

Damn they still can't align these cars worth a damn eh

View attachment 1053902

That's terrible! I hope they rectify it quickly 🤞

Hi all! I am new to Tesla, been lurking in the forum for a couple weeks now.

My heart goes out to all of you that ordered early and have not received a VIN, delivery date, etc.

My situation has been starkly different.

I ordered a M3P, SG with Black interior for lease the evening of 5/20 with an anticipated delivery date of July. When I ordered, I promptly took care of any required steps in the Tesla app to keep things moving along.

My VIN was assigned on 5/29 and my EDD updated from July to 6/19-6/29. I then completed my insurance task.
Yesterday, my EDD window updated to 6/8 - 6/17.
Today, I was notified to schedule my delivery. I took the earliest date I could get, 6/14 in Delray Beach Florida.

So far, everything has been pretty seamless. It is so odd to read so many variations of stories in the group.

I had a Tesla wall charger installed this past Saturday, made sure I have strong internet in the garage, so I feel like we are ready for delivery! This is our first EV, and our family is excited about adopting this technology. This is a 3rd vehicle for our family, but we are anticipating giving it much use.

I will report back if anything changes.

Hi all! I am new to Tesla, been lurking in the forum for a couple weeks now.

My heart goes out to all of you that ordered early and have not received a VIN, delivery date, etc.

My situation has been starkly different.

I ordered a M3P, SG with Black interior for lease the evening of 5/20 with an anticipated delivery date of July. When I ordered, I promptly took care of any required steps in the Tesla app to keep things moving along.

My VIN was assigned on 5/29 and my EDD updated from July to 6/19-6/29. I then completed my insurance task.
Yesterday, my EDD window updated to 6/8 - 6/17.
Today, I was notified to schedule my delivery. I took the earliest date I could get, 6/14 in Delray Beach Florida.

So far, everything has been pretty seamless. It is so odd to read so many variations of stories in the group.

I had a Tesla wall charger installed this past Saturday, made sure I have strong internet in the garage, so I feel like we are ready for delivery! This is our first EV, and our family is excited about adopting this technology. This is a 3rd vehicle for our family, but we are anticipating giving it much use.

I will report back if anything changes.
Nice! Congrats! That is such a quick turnaround. Ordered 04/25/24 and still awaiting a VIN.