Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds very accurate. Anyone in here knows since I had to be placed back into the queue for a VIN if I should get one of the upcoming batches or if I'm getting pushed to the end of the line?

I should probably read to the end of the thread (this thread moves about a page an hour or more), but in the case you described they normally "prioritize" getting you a new vin. You wont go to the end of the line (but there really isnt a real line, so you will just be thrown somewhere near the pile in the front, instead of the pile in the back.)

Well I took a few hours this morning to fix the frunk gaps, eliminate the dash rattle, and then put on a coat of Collinite 845,

The front passenger edge of the frunk was almost touching (near zero gap) when I took delivery:
View attachment 1054405

After diddling the bolts and adjusting, it's fixed:
View attachment 1054406

The dash rattle ended up being the piece just above the LED strip on top of the dash. This shows a tiny piece of foam that I gently pushed just above the LED strip (between the LED strip and top cover): I took the pic before I tucked it in completely with my pry tool so you can see where the foam is. Test drive proves the rattle is gone. Foam is not visible at all once I tucked it all the way in with my pry tool.
View attachment 1054408

I even found that if I popped the removable screen out of my old Model 3 front grill screen, the screen fits well enough to protect the radiator from bugs and leaves until someone releases one designed for the MP3. Not the prettiest thing in the world but it's hard to see down there in the shadows anyway and it'll keep me clean until I get an official one (can't find any right now). It's just double stick tape on the ends and a zip tie in the middle so I can easily remove it when I get a good one.
View attachment 1054409

When waxing, I did find three tiny paint imperfections, all on the passenger side. The most noticeable one is a white fleck under the clear coat on the rear passenger door. It's so tiny it doesn't stick out (about the size of a pin prick). The biggest one looks like a rock chip maybe the size of a pencil eraser on tthe lower kick panel. Both need a tiny touchup so I'm going to get some touchup paint.
With the dash rattle seemingly more common it would probably be awesome if you could throw together a how to write up or a yt video on how you addressed it for people.
If you have the time or interest

BTW if anyone finds themselves wondering...

(1) My 2021 Model 3 screen edge protector (rubber edge guard) fits on the 2024 M3P. Not sure how: maybe the display is the same size but the gap between screen and edge is reduced.

(2) My 3D Maxpider trunk mat fits.

I know I was wondering of those things would fit before I got my car so hope this helps someone.

I have My Q and I loved it. I pull in my driveway and the door opens without any interaction from me. I leave the driveway and the reverse happens.
That makes me want to try MyQ. My garage door is already a MyQ opener connected to wifi. I have the Homelink on my current Model 3, but it's been a pain. It only opens the garage if I'm facing it or very, very close to it. So when I pull out of my garage, I have to just barely pull into the driveway to activate it, and even then I often have to press it two or three times. I like the idea of MyQ doing it via internet instead of RF.

That makes me want to try MyQ. My garage door is already a MyQ opener connected to wifi. I have the Homelink on my current Model 3, but it's been a pain. It only opens the garage if I'm facing it or very, very close to it. So when I pull out of my garage, I have to just barely pull into the driveway to activate it, and even then I often have to press it two or three times. I like the idea of MyQ doing it via internet instead of RF.
Yes the drawback is that Homelink is radio frequency and Tesla put the device in the lower front bumper section where it has a hard time if the car is not pointed at the garage opener. MyQ is wifi.

I'm on the other coast (Tampa side). It sounds like you are getting close. My EDD got pushed by one day every day for a week. I was a little worried but I think what is happening is that your car probably arrived at your SC and they haven't had time to inspect it yet. Some SCs are busy with Model Y deliveries and such and your car may sit a few days. If you check the "Registration" tab in the Tesla app and scroll down, is your SC listed under delivery location? If so, I believe that means the car is at your local SC. Once they do the inspection (and probably install firmware, etc.) you'll get a text saying "Your Model 3 is on site".
I checked the tab and scrolled down. It says my delivery location and method will be determined when I schedule an appointment. The app then says they will let me know when I can schedule. I know it’s the home stretch but now the anxiety is kicking in.

I have your car. Send me 2 bitcoins and I’ll return it haha. I doubt it’s anything more than the dates doing what they do.

Also was this the inspiration for your name

MV5BNmYyMmI0OWUtZGFkNi00MjY1LTkwZDYtOGE2MjQwMjhjMzRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NDgwNzU@._V1_.jpg
😂 Love the pic but my inspiration is simply that it will be Stealth PPF on a stealth grey and the badging that currently is not aligning with mode selection.

I had 20% on a WRX back in 2010 and decided to go legal in Illinois (35%) all around for my current car.

The 35% are way too light and I’ve complained about them since I first got them. My M3P will be 20% all around.

Night visibility is okay with 35% and dark areas you’ll still roll the windows down. With the 20% it’s a bit harder, but only if there’s little to no visible light outside.

I’ll upload the pics later on. The 35% you can see through quite a bit with an overcast and in daylight you can see basically everything when the sun is over it. Not a fan
You need to do the 20% on all the rear windows and 35% on the 2 fronts. Makes the front much darker and still legal.

Beautiful cloudy day in LA to show off my new tints, looks great and I now dont regret getting gray, I thought I wanted red but knew I made the right choice from the start. I can finally call it mine. I honestly hated this car without tints, like most cars, but she's back to normal now. Ceramic tints 20% all around 45% windshield. Next I will tint my headlights and taillights, I dont even think its a question now if I should do that or not, going full stealth.

He has good prices, if anyone wants my mobile tint guys info, he is in the LA area, His name is Lorenzo, phone number is 3109918468 and tell him Arian sent you.

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

IMG_7659.jpg
IMG_7658.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7658.jpg
    IMG_7658.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have My Q and I loved it. I pull in my driveway and the door opens without any interaction from me. I leave the driveway and the reverse happens.
Right, a MyQ sub and Homelink are equivalent in automation. MyQ does have the added door sensor (up/down) though.

Yes the drawback is that Homelink is radio frequency and Tesla put the device in the lower front bumper section where it has a hard time if the car is not pointed at the garage opener. MyQ is wifi.
Yeah, the choice between a MyQ sub and Homelink depends on the situation.

Beautiful cloudy day in LA to show off my new tints, looks great and I now dont regret getting gray, I thought I wanted red but knew I made the right choice from the start. I can finally call it mine. I honestly hated this car without tints, like most cars, but she's back to normal now. Ceramic tints 20% all around 45% windshield. Next I will tint my headlights and taillights, I dont even think its a question now if I should do that or not, going full stealth.

View attachment 1054449
View attachment 1054451
View attachment 1054447View attachment 1054448
Awesome! This confirms what I suspected, that SG looks awesome with tinted windows. I pick mine up tomorrow and getting the tinting done next weekend! Thanks for the great pics! Looks great!

View attachment 1054449
View attachment 1054451
View attachment 1054447View attachment 1054448
What brand tint and price? Is that white interior? Maybe the clouds make it look darker

Well I took a few hours this morning to fix the frunk gaps, eliminate the dash rattle, and then put on a coat of Collinite 845,

The front passenger edge of the frunk was almost touching (near zero gap) when I took delivery:
View attachment 1054405

After diddling the bolts and adjusting, it's fixed:
View attachment 1054406

The dash rattle ended up being the piece just above the LED strip on top of the dash. This shows a tiny piece of foam that I gently pushed just above the LED strip (between the LED strip and top cover): I took the pic before I tucked it in completely with my pry tool so you can see where the foam is. Test drive proves the rattle is gone. Foam is not visible at all once I tucked it all the way in with my pry tool.
View attachment 1054408

I even found that if I popped the removable screen out of my old Model 3 front grill screen, the screen fits well enough to protect the radiator from bugs and leaves until someone releases one designed for the MP3. Not the prettiest thing in the world but it's hard to see down there in the shadows anyway and it'll keep me clean until I get an official one (can't find any right now). It's just double stick tape on the ends and a zip tie in the middle so I can easily remove it when I get a good one.
View attachment 1054409

When waxing, I did find three tiny paint imperfections, all on the passenger side. The most noticeable one is a white fleck under the clear coat on the rear passenger door. It's so tiny it doesn't stick out (about the size of a pin prick). The biggest one looks like a rock chip maybe the size of a pencil eraser on tthe lower kick panel. Both need a tiny touchup so I'm going to get some touchup paint.
Thanks so much for posting this!! I’ve been wondering when I get mine if I’m just going to have to turn back around and give it back up for service to fix some little things. Glad to hear the potential dash rattle and probably even little gap adjustments can be done myself!