Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's messed up. EV drivers paying for gas tax. paying for something you don't use. when EV drivers already pay more for electricity tax.
It's for road tax that is usually proportionately paid for through tax on gasoline. It's not a gasoline tax necessarily. So now people are paying their road use taxes that drive EVs. It was only a matter of time. Once there is large scale adoption, everyone is going to be paying these taxes, probably on their electric bill.

We are likely going to be mandated to tell some kind of local government how much electricity is supplying energy to our cars so they can tax accordingly.

Hey did you install lvl 2 charger at home by any chance? If so, which electrician did you go with? I need to install one.
i went with one on the Tesla list. i no longer recommend them. its a big company. they screwed up and ghosted me on coming back to repair/replace breakers. basically they used the wrong brand of breakers on my panel and it burnt. i can give u names of the 2nd and 3rd choices i didn't go with. also, u will need a permit to get the charger rebate/incentive.

i went with one on the Tesla list. i no longer recommend them. its a big company. they screwed up and ghosted me on coming back to repair/replace breakers. basically they used the wrong brand of breakers on my panel and it burnt. i can give u names of the 2nd and 3rd choices i didn't go with. also, u will need a permit to get the charger rebate/incentive.
Who was the company that messed up so I dont use them! Do you have pseg? Did you have to call them before installing lvl 2 charger?

Got the option to schedule delivery today but I will be out of town during the three days they offered to schedule.

What’s the best course of action here? I was gonna go to the dealership I’m supposed to pick it up at and see if they will work with me on an earlier or later delivery. I’m available literally the day before or after the time windows. Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

Got the option to schedule delivery today but I will be out of town during the three days they offered to schedule.

What’s the best course of action here? I was gonna go to the dealership I’m supposed to pick it up at and see if they will work with me on an earlier or later delivery. I’m available literally the day before or after the time windows. Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?
I rescheduled my delivery today and the app wasn’t letting me do it. I looked up the dealership I was scheduled at in google, and called that number. It gives you the standard Tesla automated system, but if you follow the prompts for delivery, and then listen to the bs telling you to check your app and reply to the sms, but then hit the button to talk to a SA, it took me to the SA at that location. She was super helpful and worked with me around my schedule.

Tigard, OR - Red/Black - 4/23 OD

EDD1: May-Jun
EDD2: Jun
EDD3: May 22 - Jun 19
EDD4: Jun 23 - Jun 30
EDD5: Jun 12 - Jun 30
EDD6 (today): Jun 14 - Jun 28

There is still hope.

Vancouver, WA - Blue/Black - 4/23 OD

EDD1: May-Jun
EDD2: May 21 - Jun 18
EDD3: May 26 - Jun 9
EDD4: Jun 5 - Jun 30
EDD5: Jun 19 - Jun 30
EDD6: Jun 21 - Jun 30 (received a few hours ago on Tuesday, 6/11)

Got my hopes up good on EDD3, tightening the window and moving the backside date up a bit, and then Jun 30 ever since. :)

The latest EDD pushed the front date back 2 days.... like... what's the point? It's just an estimate anyway?

I am still thinking July sometime, maybe late, or early August.

I rescheduled my delivery today and the app wasn’t letting me do it. I looked up the dealership I was scheduled at in google, and called that number. It gives you the standard Tesla automated system, but if you follow the prompts for delivery, and then listen to the bs telling you to check your app and reply to the sms, but then hit the button to talk to a SA, it took me to the SA at that location. She was super helpful and worked with me around my schedule.
That’s great to hear they were able to be flexible! I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks.