Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FB data point (G/W) : "Ordered 05/18, received vin and delivery date Today! Located in Northern Virginia. Last EDD before VIN and delivery was 07/29-09/02, then it just updated out of nowhere."

sheet shows you ordered on 4/23?
Not sure how much more clear I could have been since I prefaced by stating it was a FB data point and to include the persons comment in double quotes. FYI, double quotes usually indicates the statement was made by someone else and not the poster.

My intent for that very specific post was,
  • to inform folks in VA, such as yourself, that there were VINs being assigned in VA considering no one posted or updated the sheet from VA yesterday.
  • to give those with July - Sept hope and show that EDDs are pointless, stated for the 1000th time, and that you can get a VIN at any given time.
  • had no intention of pointing out that newer orders can get filled before older ones. If you don't know this or are not over it by now, the post wouldn't have helped.
And to answer your question, yes sheet shows I ordered 4/23.

Reactions: Raptor911
Where in Colorado are you? I’m supposed to be taking delivery tomorrow at 5:30pm at Tesla Aurora but I saw that Tesla flex on instagram had his delivery delayed from 11am tomorrow to Monday at 11 am (Tesla Loveland pickup I believe). A little concerned that will happen to me so I was curious where you are picking up.

The delay wouldn’t be a big deal I just can’t wait to drive it!
I’m up in Frederick, so basically right between three dealerships but they assigned Aurora to me, that’s where the appointment is. Fingers crossed it still goes through at 2, my ride basically has to drop me off there at noon and then turn right around. I’ll either be taking my M3P home or the bus I guess🤷‍♂️

When I talked to Aurora earlier this week they said it was supposed to arrive there yesterday, and they would call or email if it didn’t. No word yet, and app still says 2pm so I’m hopeful!!

Tesla sure knows how to keep my heart racing…... It’s a mixture of pure excitement and mild concern after just receiving my VIN, as we are due to close on a house 6/28.

With my payment option likely being financing, I may get into a situation where I have to push delivery back.

Can anyone explain the difference between the 3 day and 14 day windows referenced in the order agreement? Any suggestions?

Long time reader, first time poster (not on sheet if someone wants to add me). Thanks in advance!

Location —> Chicago suburbs
Order date —> 4/25
Config —> White/Black seats
Vin assigned —> 6/14 7:00am CST
Est Delivery —> 6/27-6/30

Tesla sure knows how to keep my heart racing…... It’s a mixture of pure excitement and mild concern after just receiving my VIN, as we are due to close on a house 6/28.

With my payment option likely being financing, I may get into a situation where I have to push delivery back.

Can anyone explain the difference between the 3 day and 14 day windows referenced in the order agreement? Any suggestions?

Long time reader, first time poster (not on sheet if someone wants to add me). Thanks in advance!

Location —> Chicago suburbs
Order date —> 4/25
Config —> White/Black seats
Vin assigned —> 6/14 7:00am CST
Est Delivery —> 6/27-6/30
Excited to see another Midwest VIN! Grats! Trying not to be salty though that I’ve seen multiple people getting VINs within states around me that ordered after me ugh. 4/23 here.

Tesla Monkey why do you hate me!?!!?!?!

Reactions: Raptor911
Dude! Give us some details. People who ordered a month after you are still waiting on VINs.

Location? Config? Please add your order to the tracker. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VeZ1MP_6341BMCtG8-QJ7p7HvEBpUaowIg-wSZFMFA8/edit
My info is in the tracker. I ordered my blue/white M3P on 5/23, received the VIN on 6/7. On 6/7, I scheduled delivery for 6/12. On 6/8, I received the message that the car had arrived at the Irvine, CA location and was given the option of earlier delivery. I needed time to sell my 2022 M3P, so kept the 6/12 date. There was a one-day delay, and I ended up taking delivery on 6/13.

EDD hasn't moved for either of us yet so that's a good sign.
Awesome! I was going to check with you if you were still holding strong. Still 6/20-6/30 here. I know a lot of ppl got pushed out to July-August so hopefully it’s a good sign we didn’t.

Not sure if I mentioned this to you last time but about a week ago I stopped in my local delivery center and when the lady looked up my RN number she made a comment about how it looks like it’s supposed to arrive on 6/22. Not sure how accurate this is and if that’s this “soft match” people have talked about but trying to take that as good news. However, nothing seems to fully matter till you get that VIN. I hope we get ours soon!

Reactions: quincyskylar41