Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
McKinney Tx, Model 3 Performace
Ultra Red
Black Interior
Order date 4/23 11:35am

Woo Hoo!!!!

Finally good news. Earlier in the week my EDD was pushed from June 14 - June 30th to July 2nd - July 30th. Not happy all week.

This moring now June 25th - June 30th. Even got a VIN assigned!!!!
I read something like this, and I just have to wonder...

Is someone from Tesla reading this forum and just )@#*$(* with us?

I mean... "Mid to late June!"

Yay

"Nawwww.... July."

Okayyy....

"Just messin' - here's a VIN!" (mic drop)

Seriously. It's actually pretty comical. (grats Marredondo!)

lol my old m3p was as bad as 400 Wh/mi. lead foot
IMG_7702.jpg

Not doing much better with this new one.

Reactions: analoq
4/28 order date. Socal. 1st delivery on 6/6 unsuccessful due to vehicle not passing inspection. EDD was 6/13-6/27, however updated to 6/14-6/23 today morning. No VIN yet.

Me too! Ordered 4/30. SG/B. Los Angeles.

I'm taking it as a good sign. Last time I entered my delivery window (May 28 - June 25 I believe), my EDD jumped all the way to July 12 - August 23. One week later, went to June 10 - June 30. One week later, June 13 - June 27.

I'm taking it as a good sign. Last time I entered my delivery window (May 28 - June 25 I believe), my EDD jumped all the way to July 12 - August 23. One week later, went to June 10 - June 30. One week later, June 13 - June 27.
I feel like when they give EDDs that are the "next day"- a week out it means your car is on the truck on the way to the dealership.

Reactions: zeroifex
Some things to be aware of and to check when you pick up your car on delivery day.

For someone making videos about their car to inform people, he isn’t very aware of issues that other people have had. The buttons in the wheel and the noise from the aero covers are both things I have read about repeatedly. As far as to the damage that Tesla said was his fault…..he wasn’t very clear on what the actual damage was. I thought as first it was to the underside of the car, but he kept talking about the rims?? Definatly will look at these areas when it comes time to pick up. For my own experience this will be my second M3P and the only issue I have had with my 2020 was when the 12vdc battery went out at 2 years and they came to my house and replaced it free of charge. Unfortunately I will probably be picking up from Burbank, but may have any service I need done in Bakersfield. I also don’t really think he would have a chance to lemon law his car based on what he said.

Last edited:
Reactions: arkhos
For someone making videos about their car to inform people, he isn’t very aware of issues that other people have had. The buttons in the wheel and the noise from the aero covers are both things I have read about repeatedly. As far as to the damage that Tesla said was his fault…..he wasn’t very clear on what the actual damage was. I thought as first it was to the underside of the car, but he kept talking about the rims?? Definatly will look at these areas when it comes time to pick up. For my own experience this will be my second M3P and the only issue I have had with my 2020 was when the 12vdc battery went out at 2 years and they came to my house and replaced it free of charge. Unfortunately I will probably be picking up from Burbank, but may have any service I need done in Bakersfield. I also don’t really think he would have a chance to lemon law his car based on what he said.
I will say, my biggest problem with my new M3P is that terribly annoying noise that comes from the warp wheels. I thought I could live with it but making an appointment to get it fixed, other wise, I would love to get a lemon just from some plastic clips lol, working on that

SG/B and LA for me, too. My process was exactly the same as yours. Except after the jump from July-Aug, to June, I suddently received the VIN (until the inspection failure). Hopefully we can get our vehicles shortly.

I read something like this, and I just have to wonder...

Is someone from Tesla reading this forum and just )@#*$(* with us?

I mean... "Mid to late June!"

Yay

"Nawwww.... July."

Okayyy....

"Just messin' - here's a VIN!" (mic drop)

Seriously. It's actually pretty comical. (grats Marredondo!)
Tell me about it. I ride these new EDD emotions daily. But something that i breezed through though, there was some new step on terms that i had to agree to that had to do with some disabled or limited features like car summon, FSD, autopilot, etc that would be reactivated in a software update.

I think i read about this. Someone early in thread said that there was a delay due to a software update? I can't remember and there are WAY to many posts to go look for it! :D

Reactions: arkhos
I will say, my biggest problem with my new M3P is that terribly annoying noise that comes from the warp wheels. I thought I could live with it but making an appointment to get it fixed, other wise, I would love to get a lemon just from some plastic clips lol, working on that
Man is it that bad? Only heard when the windows are down? Driving slow or even during normal driving?

I feel like when they give EDDs that are the "next day"- a week out it means your car is on the truck on the way to the dealership.
This is what's annoying for us CA people. People in other states get a VIN assigned at the time a truck is loaded up.

We seem to get VINs assigned after a truck is unloaded in our region, perhaps even at a delivery center. This means our EDDs are way less accurate and more randomized, plus we only get a 3 day window between VIN assignment and expected delivery pick up.

Tell me about it. I ride these new EDD emotions daily. But something that i breezed through though, there was some new step on terms that i had to agree to that had to do with some disabled or limited features like car summon, FSD, autopilot, etc that would be reactivated in a software update.

I think i read about this. Someone early in thread said that there was a delay due to a software update? I can't remember and there are WAY to many posts to go look for it! :D
There was….before anyone got deliveries.

Man is it that bad? Only heard when the windows are down? Driving slow or even during normal driving?
Only heard when windows are down and driving slow, but its still very annoying. Normal driving you cant hear it at all so at least its not a huge issue. It is something I can live with but at the same time, also seems like something that shouldn't be a problem in the first place. I set up an appt with tesla so will see what they say

Reactions: zeroifex
Tesla is screwing me now on my trade in. I received a number from them in the S/C, I then bought the car that same day. The app kept showing pending but then a few days ago it updated to a number more than $2k less than what I have in writing from the S/C. This feels like a complete bait and switch scam. I bought based on assumptions from them. Where else are you folks selling your cars?
To be honest, they aren’t really screwing you. ;)
They are offering a price, that can keep fluctuating.
If it’s not what you expect, that’s not screwing you or anyone, because you don’t have to accept it.
Screwing someone would require a transaction to have taken place where you GOT screwed.
You could say, their trade in offer sucks. :)
But you can’t really say they’re screwing you.