Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On alignment issues, a slight pull to the right seems common. Now that I've had mine for a week and have had a chance to check it out, mine does follow the crown more than my 2021. I've tested it many times and on the majority of roads where the road is crowned lower on the right for drainage, my car does pull to the right slightly. But on those rare sections where the road tilts down to the left, it pulls left instead. So I wonder if Tesla has new alignment specs for the 2024 M3P that includes less toe than before. Does anyone have access to the Tesla alignment specs?
@MikeyC
Based on your descriptions you do not have the alignment problem. Most of the cars are coming out with weight alignments now. This means it is set for neutral position with a 150 lbs driver only, no other passengers. Car would then follow the road and on a level surface track completely straight. But add a passenger and alignment will deflect a out 0.5* to the right. It is barely noticeable, but will mean a small amount of input is required to stay straight on a level surface.

The problem people are reporting is more severe. I just picked mine up today and I do have the poor factory alignment issue. It is easy to prove too. Drive one mile, come back, go into service screen and look at steering alignment. Put your steering wheel at 0.0* and it will show how far left or right your alignment is off.

In my case, it is 6* right. I have to take it back first thing Tuesday morning to have the alignment done.

For those that think 6* isn't much, it is enough to change lanes in as little as 200 feet at 40 mph. That is quite fast.

I suspect the cause is a single lazy technician among many good techs setting up the steering rack mod for M3P's incorrectly.

Wheels look way better in my humble opinion. Using the plastic pry tool to get them started and then just pulling them off was relatively simple. Total time maybe 10 to 15 minutes. You have to pull on some of these so don't be bashful. You may feel like you're going to break them, but none of mine broke.

Attachments

• 17185415647154039427917838908082.jpg
    17185415647154039427917838908082.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 3
It’s kind of interesting, it really seems like they are sending out VINs as far away as they can deliver by end of month and then walking them back closer and closer to Fremont. A few days ago there was some Midwest and East Coast VINs, the last couple days were PNW and AZ, my guess is a whole bunch of CA VINs will hit this week. The further ones are on the train/truck, the CA ones are about to be built and a whole grip are going to deliver between now and the end of the month.

Reactions: arkhos and hkarthik
It’s kind of interesting, it really seems like they are sending out VINs as far away as they can deliver by end of month and then walking them back closer and closer to Fremont. A few days ago there was some Midwest and East Coast VINs, the last couple days were PNW and AZ, my guess is a whole bunch of CA VINs will hit this week. The further ones are on the train/truck, the CA ones are about to be built and a whole grip are going to deliver between now and the end of the month.
Not on the east coast. Hoping mine shifts back into July at this point.

Just got my VIN yesterday - delivery this Thursday. Scottsdale-Raintree.

5/4 order. White/White M3P. 3rd Tesla (it’s an addiction)
dang lucky you can schedule delivery so fast. My option is grayed out still, not sure why. I did enter in my insurance info though.

EDIT: As soon as I posted that, I was given option to schedule delivery. Too bad it’s when I’m out of town on vacation 🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: arkhos and mpgxsvcd
Problem is so many people in CA travel around end of June / early July, they need to pull in the EDDs if they want to ship those cars in Q2.

That "fix" is NOT reasonable. Mine is often on, too. But we need a better fix than this. I'd rather it stay on than to have to jump through these types of hoops.
But if this works, and you only have to do it once. Not sure it’s very unreasonable. ?
Software glitches are a norm for anything that runs on software these days. Adapting is key