Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been incredibly frustrating. When I ordered this car, I was told an estimated delivery of June. Now, I am being told late September.

Meanwhile, there are people who ordered weeks after me in my general area who have already taken delivery. Thinking about canceling my order at this point.
I have a similar situation. Just be patient. We still have two more weeks of June and see if anything updates.

Reactions: bolduser31
This has been incredibly frustrating. When I ordered this car, I was told an estimated delivery of June. Now, I am being told late September.

Meanwhile, there are people who ordered weeks after me in my general area who have already taken delivery. Thinking about canceling my order at this point.
See how it feels when people with the same pick up location who ordered a month and a half after you get a vin in 24 hours and delivery inside a week while you still don't have a vin from ordering 45 minutes after it went live.

If there was any other option remotely close to as good of a deal I'd have cancelled my order by now.

After a proper wash, the wheels look fabulous when done. There was some residue from the plastic, I was able to get most of it off with just a microfiber cloth. There are no permanent scratches on the rims. Any stubborn spots, a polisher will take it right off. For those considering popping off these inserts I would not hesitate. If you decide to leave them on, be aware, I found a decent amount of dirt behind them I.e brake dust and I only have a few miles on the car.

Attachments

• 1718552205213901554243973794036.jpg
    1718552205213901554243973794036.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1718552271898418335619073574841.jpg
    1718552271898418335619073574841.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

First Tesla? I hate to say it but I went through this back in 2019 with my first M3P. I try and not let it bother me this round, but then it sounds like you need to get out of your current ride before it up and quits on you. Hang in there.

See how it feels when people with the same pick up location who ordered a month and a half after you get a vin in 24 hours and delivery inside a week while you still don't have a vin from ordering 45 minutes after it went live.

If there was any other option remotely close to as good of a deal I'd have cancelled my order by now.
I feel similarly. I keep wondering if I should go test drive a BMW i4 e40 just to have a back up option. I am so pissed at Tesla for this whole ordering and delivery experience of the m3p.

If I get screwed by a vacation hold and extended far into July, I will look at other options much more seriously.

To the people that are pissed about delivery timelines. When you ordered, did you think that they had produced enough to meet demand and that the cars were sitting in Fremont? I don't understand how you expected them to meet the entirety of orders immediately given that there are production and logistics limits all over the place. I can only imagine that you thought they had thousands of cars sitting in Fremont ready to get on trains and trucks?

What’s the best way to finish the “insurance” part in the app after getting a VIN. Do I need to actually call around and pick the insurance I want to use and change? Or can I just put in my current insurance and then switch once I take delivery?

I just dont want to delay delivery. So far it’s stilll greyed out so I would like to finish anything I need in the APP to move things forward.

Also… do I need to make this “final payment” thing in the APP or can I do that on delivery day after I inspect the car?

To the people that are pissed about delivery timelines. When you ordered, did you think that they had produced enough to meet demand and that the cars were sitting in Fremont? I don't understand how you expected them to meet the entirety of orders immediately given that there are production and logistics limits all over the place. I can only imagine that you thought they had thousands of cars sitting in Fremont ready to get on trains and trucks?
We’re not pissed because we haven’t gotten our car, we’re pissed because our EDD keeps getting pushed back while randoms that ordered weeks after us are getting deliveries.

Last edited:
No, it’s actually much simpler than that. I expected the EDD that Tesla gave me to have some credence. Clearly, that is not the case.

Furthermore, there are people who ordered weeks after me who have already gotten their cars. That’s a slap in the face.

then they should update the estimated delivery times to reflect their inventory. Don't say june and then push it out to September

We’re not pissed because we haven’t gotten our car, we’re pissed because our EDD keeps getting pushed back while randoms that ordered weeks after us our getting deliveries.
How often do people that ordered weeks after get the earlier deliveries? Is it really that common? Perhaps it was just that a truck was going to city A and it had 7 spaces for cars so they loaded it up rather than sending a train/truck partially loaded with one car on one truck in 1,000 directions? You have to be a little reasonable with the process understanding that they aren't putting single cars on the back of F150s and sending them directly to individual customers.

• Disagree
Reactions: AJ Henderson
What’s the best way to finish the “insurance” part in the app after getting a VIN. Do I need to actually call around and pick the insurance I want to use and change? Or can I just put in my current insurance and then switch once I take delivery?

I just dont want to delay delivery. So far it’s stilll greyed out so I would like to finish anything I need in the APP to move things forward.

Also… do I need to make this “final payment” thing in the APP or can I do that on delivery day after I inspect the car?
Once you have a VIN contact your insurance agent and they will update your policy showing that car then you can then upload that document through the app. Regarding the payment you can bring with you a certified check I believe or simply pay through the Tesla app which is the easiest way to do it. There's a third party that connects the app to your bank and the money is automatically withdrawn.

How often do people that ordered weeks after get the earlier deliveries? Is it really that common? Perhaps it was just that a truck was going to city A and it had 7 spaces for cars so they loaded it up rather than sending a train/truck partially loaded with one car on one truck in 1,000 directions? You have to be a little reasonable with the process understanding that they aren't putting single cars on the back of F150s and sending them directly to individual customers.
Usually it comes down to the specific configuration. Tesla doesn't really build its car to order. They build the various colors in batches and match you to a VIN slated to be produced. If the demand of your particular configuration is higher than the rest or the production of a combo is lower than the rest, you'll wait longer. Ideally they would be able to match production and demand pretty closely, but that doesn't always work out, especially with a new product launch. And if there's production issues with a particular config (I think white seats have been an issue for most of the Highland production), that can also cause delays.

In some cases, some people might cancel / reject their orders and then someone who was anticipated to be later in line can now be matched to their desired config that already happens to be in the area

Reactions: jjrandorin