Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 4/28 and my literal neighbor down the street who ordered the same exact config on 5/3 just took delivery of their car. Not a demo either. Seriously, I’m about to give up and just get something else at this point. The process or lack thereof is mind boggling
I was told I had three separate delivery locations. One of them a user on here ordered same spec on 5/13 and he got a VIN for pick up for one of those locations. Im 4/23 with nothing yet.

The wife gave me until 7/14 for a VIN. I’m looking at other cars now as a back up incase there are no LRs on lot locally.

Found a White/Black in PA .. 2 hours from me and Tesla will not sell it to me. It seems as a VA resident I can only cars from the state of VA and MD.

They told me they were doing me a favor as DMV paperwork is too complicated. Funny as I have 3 cars now and all 3 were purchased in NY.

No Tesla, I am doing you a favor and helping you with Q2 numbers.

GRRRR!

Reactions: arkhos
is the demand for this car really high and congestion is making orders take forever or did they just open ordering way before manufacturing and got backed up bc of that?

As an April order it’s painful seeing mayand June orders of same config get delivered despite ordering first
What is your EDD? My EDD is July 5- July 19. I think we have the same build. I was told next week, we should get a VIN.

My delivery day had been scheduled fortomorrow, but this morning I received a text from the local SC asking if I wanted to pick up today.

Guess how quickly I said, “HELL YES!”

I set out in my '23 M3RWD (my trade)and arrived a -little- early at the SC, pulled into the parking lot and there she was – the only blue one there of any model.

So I got out and just started on the outside walk-around... once... twice... three times... I could not find a single thing wrong with the outside. From reading all of you guys and gals before me, I was looking for the usual culprits, and couldn't find anything wrong.

By that time it was time for my-scheduled- delivery, so I did the app-thing and then headed inside where I was met by a really nice advisor and a brief explanation of the process was given. I was then able to go out, sit in it, and start the interior exam.

Straight off, the new seats are awesome, as many have been saying. I'm a 'wider' dude (6 ft, 270),and the seat was comfy. I tested all the things I could, played with the screen, adjusted mirrors, passenger seat, examined the ceiling, etc. I -feel- like I gave it good look, but I confess – I was eager to get on the road.

Went back inside and completed the paperwork in about 5-6 minutes. I asked a few questions, and the advisor recommended that I transfer my plate from my trade-in and save myself about $100. (I didn't even know I could do that).

Then... back out to the car – where I saw that a SG/black M3P was being examined by a guy and lady who was also there for delivery. I spoke to them briefly – the SG absolutely looks better in-person than in any pics. I also saw a redone there as well, and it, too, was stunning in-person. But the blue in the daylight just bewitched me, and off I went.

Next thing – stereo. OMG. The M3RWD has... what... 3 speakers? And it's not -terrible-, but it's just...average. This sound system is a drastic upgrade, for certain.

Also, the ride quality is just wonderful, AND the -sound- reduction is quite noticeable and very appreciated. I did not notice any crackling sound from my wheels...at least not yet.

I -did- get a couple miles from the SC and a very noticeable rattle started in the back seat driver's side door. I'll put in a ticket for that tonight.

My car odometer said 3 miles when I picked it up. Just a baby!

My floor mats (front and back), trunk mat, sub-trunk liner, and frunk liner that I kept from my M3RWD all fit.

The ambient lighting strip is(thankfully) well-aligned... and WAY cooler than in the videos. Absolutely love it, too.

I put the ventilated seat on max-cool for the ride home, and though I -could- feel it, it did feel a bit weak. But that wasn't a very long drive, so will test some more.

Stalks - or lack thereof. Was no big deal for me. Yes, it will take a bit more getting used-to, but even on my first trip I was getting the hang of it. There are a -few- roundabouts in my city, and I'll see how it goes when I come to one. But I admit I do like the 'clean' look of just the wheel and nothing else behind it.

And... of course... need anything more be said about that power? I was giggling like a five-year-old. It's just a different world from the RWD or any ICE vehicle I've owned. Never in my younger days did I ever dream of owning a vehicle this refined, this gorgeous, and this quick. I kinda wanna take a sleeping bag out there and camp in it.

The finger-carpal-tunnel I developed from checking the app 1,917 times a day since April 23rd was worth it. I'm in love... I just hope my wife doesn't find out.

Tomorrow: Tint and Ceramic coating!

One pic before it gets too dark outside(old phone camera).

More later!View attachment 1060766
Is there a filter on this image?

I am the 6% ROFL
is the demand for this car really high and congestion is making orders take forever or did they just open ordering way before manufacturing and got backed up bc of that?

As an April order it’s painful seeing may and June orders of same config get delivered despite ordering first
Found a White/Black in PA .. 2 hours from me and Tesla will not sell it to me. It seems as a VA resident I can only cars from the state of VA and MD.

They told me they were doing me a favor as DMV paperwork is too complicated. Funny as I have 3 cars now and all 3 were purchased in NY.

No Tesla, I am doing you a favor and helping you with Q2 numbers.

GRRRR!

Missary loves company. Hold the line gang, its got to be coming soon.. I can feel it in my bones..... or maby that's the the aging I have since ordering.

BTW Loving seeing the blue photos. (sorry about the modem card. presumably. It will get fixed.)

My car pickup from the Fremont factory has been pushed to Sunday now from today’s pick up , just got text that they re waiting to finish building the car. Since last Sunday every day the pickup date is getting pushed out. May end up picking the last cars coming out of the factory floor before Q2 ends.
Same here ... Wonder who will get the "Cinderella" one just before midnight strikes....

Reactions: Kiddah
I went over to the Tesla yesterday, they were delivering a black performance and had just delivered two white one according to the rep I spoke to, can't wait for mine. What color did you get?
I'm SG/White. (Couldn't pass up the tax credit and I've always been interested in the white so getting it for "free" was cool.

Also very excited to make the 2.5 hour drive to Raleigh and pick it up. Going to have to give it a hard look over because my drive home alone will put me over the 100 mi grace period.

How is the service/delivery center there? I'm a bit concerned because they never pick up the phone and their voicemail box is full so I have no way of getting in touch. (Would be helpful now as I'm trying to resolve some issues they're having with my trade in title).

I’m sure there’s lots of discussion about this, I didn’t find it immediately, so I’ll ask …
I believe efficiency (range) also depends on wheel design, not just size. Any guidelines on which wheel designs (aftermarket) will give better range?
Edit: Also wondering for tire width, like 235 vs 265.
Here's a good video that will answer some of your questions

Reactions: Firehawk
I've been waiting for Model Y Juniper but decided to switch over to the M3P after test driving one. I don't need the cargo space and I feel like the M3P will be more fun to drive than the Y. The highland upgrades, especially the ventilated seats, are nice.

EDD is July - August in Virginia. M3P in Stealth Grey with the White and Black interior.