Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@M3-Ita is also in italy, not the US, and mentions buying multiple Teslas. I suspect they are known at the Local Tesla store, and that they also were able to buy a vehicle that was already there that either was a showroom car or one that someone didnt pick up.
Yeah, I figured, but with it actually working out to almost exactly 72 days for mine it was too perfect not to make the joke. :)

This is also my second Tesla purchase this year, so I suspect being one they had in inventory probably mattered more. Mt Kisco actually offered me a free upgrade to the blue/white model they had available to pick up earlier in the week, but I really want SG/black, so I don't mind waiting for next week.

1719613883019.png

Boo

• Funny
Reactions: emuloid
Yeah, I figured, but with it actually working out to almost exactly 72 days for mine it was too perfect not to make the joke. :)

This is also my second Tesla purchase this year, so I suspect being one they had in inventory probably mattered more. Mt Kisco actually offered me a free upgrade to the blue/white model they had available to pick up earlier in the week, but I really want SG/black, so I don't mind waiting for next week.
Free upgrade with the tax credit? Yummy!🤠🤠🤠

Anybody in NC (Raleigh area) get their M3P? I ordered April 25th and I have had 6 changes to my delivery date. Started July/August went to May/June, then May 22 to June 16th then June 1 to June 30th then July 6th to August 8th, now August 4th to September 8th.

They offered me a LR with my exact specs but I am waiting it out for the performance.
Taking delivery in Raleigh as well. Ordered far after you though, May 30. Currently showing Aug 11 - Sep 15. I think someone in Raleigh recently got a VIN, one in Charlotte as well. Seems in general that EDDs out this way have been moving earlier since we all got pushed to Aug-Sep a couple weeks back.

Looking for an opinion. What makes more sense. I am not interested in investing the $ for full PPF for this vehicle.

1. PPF the front of car to protect from scratches, etc. and ceramic coat the rest
2. Full ceramic coating

Why?
@CHB12312 It depends on how much you "care"... and how long you keep the car.

If leasing, do neither. Do both PPF and ceramic if bought + Nvidia profited + will keep the car for at least five years. :)

I financed my '22 M3P and did a full front and rear PPF without ceramic. If I were to finance again, I would only do ceramic because I know I want a new car in the next 3-5 years and ceramic makes it easier to keep the car "clean". PPF and ceramic really only provide peace of mind.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
My car was scheduled to be delivered in Fremont today but on Wednesday morning they texted me and wanted to know if I wanted to pick it up in an hour. Needless to say, I picked it up in an hour. Now after 3 coats of Cquartz, 1 coat of Gliss, and 1 coat of Gyeon Rim ceramic coatings, I think I'm about done with working on it. Now, the dumb question for the day. Where does Tesla hide the card keys? I can't find them.

IMG_5428.jpg

Got a message from Tesla today to complete pre delivery task🤔
Now I can afford the M3P.. but the long range getting that tax credit and how cheap the lease is on the base🤔
How do I justify 2.8 seconds faster😏
Also do I lease the car or finance and feel the burn of the depreciation in the next few months🤔
Don’t roast me to bad these are just my thoughts my first EV

Reactions: nonvinp3d
My car was scheduled to be delivered in Fremont today but on Wednesday morning they texted me and wanted to know if I wanted to pick it up in an hour. Needless to say, I picked it up in an hour. Now after 3 coats of Cquartz, 1 coat of Gliss, and 1 coat of Gyeon Rim ceramic coatings, I think I'm about done with working on it. Now, the dumb question for the day. Where does Tesla hide the card keys? I can't find them.
They just handed me the black cardboard pouch with both cards in it when I was standing by the car and accepted delivery on the app.

Looking for an opinion. What makes more sense. I am not interested in investing the $ for full PPF for this vehicle.

1. PPF the front of car to protect from scratches, etc. and ceramic coat the rest
2. Full ceramic coating

Why?
I agree with @overthecharge it really depends on how long you keep the car and how picky you are. At bare minimum I would do a good decontamination wash, clay bar or clay mitt, and a good spray sealant. That should give you the hydrophobics and ease of cleaning, but you'd have to be consistent with applying the protection every so often and can live with non corrected paint.

For me, along with ceramic I would consider PPF just the front bumper only. That flat area of the bumper is just a huge target for bugs and all the crap on the road.

Now I can afford the M3P.. but the long range getting that tax credit and how cheap the lease is on the base🤔
Also do I lease the car or finance and feel the burn of the depreciation in the next few months🤔
You justify the 2.8 when you smoke everybody at the light 😉

I agree with @overthecharge it really depends on how long you keep the car and how picky you are. At bare minimum I would do a good decontamination wash, clay bar or clay mitt, and a good spray sealant. That should give you the hydrophobics and ease of cleaning, but you'd have to be consistent with applying the protection every so often and can live with non corrected paint.

For me, along with ceramic I would consider PPF just the front bumper only. That flat area of the bumper is just a huge target for bugs and all the crap on the road.
Yep… was thinking full PPF for mine until I got the quote! Yikes. I’ve got an appointment next week for tint and going to do the front bumper with PPF. Although … after handwashing today I noticed the side mirrors are also bug graveyards. When I take it in next week I’m going to ask how much to add on PPF for the side mirrors as well… figure my guy will have some decent sections of scrap cutaway for the front bumper and can hopefully throw me a bone doing the mirrors as well.

Reactions: nonvinp3d
My .02. If you want a sports car, if you want to smoke someone at the light (not the plad), really want to throw it into the corners, want the visual at your Starbucks to say I bought the fancy one , of if you do weekend track /autox then the performance is the answer. If you want nice quick, and still sporty just not "insane" the LR is the way to go for like 95% of folks. Particularly as you now get the your fellow tax payers to subsidize either for you. For some the above justifications are likely worth way more than the 7K delta and why we are putting up with the EDD monkey for the price. :cool: M3P will get higher insurance cost, more depreciation, and higher costs being a performance model. Civic, vs Civic R, 330i vs M3. it pocket books for vroom vorom .... or Weeee......

Reactions: BabyRoadster
Yep… was thinking full PPF for mine until I got the quote! Yikes. I’ve got an appointment next week for tint and going to do the front bumper with PPF. Although … after handwashing today I noticed the side mirrors are also bug graveyards. When I take it in next week I’m going to ask how much to add on PPF for the side mirrors as well… figure my guy will have some decent sections of scrap cutaway for the front bumper and can hopefully throw me a bone doing the mirrors as well.
I was on the fence about the mirrors. I may just do it.

I plan to keep this car 4-8 years. This is my protection plan lol:
Paint correction
PPF front bumper, headlights, rocker panels, rear bumper behind the wheels, and now side mirrors. May also PPF door edges.
Ceramic coating
35% tint all glass except windshield (I don't want it too dark)
No automatic car washes. Park away from everybody else. Lol.

If you like performance you'll be glad you went with the performance model. As for lease vs loan, how long do you keep cars. If it's 3 years or under, lease, if it's 6 years or more, buy. Personally I plan for the car to still be in my family 12 years from now, so loan was a no brainer (though I'm paying 60 percent or so in cash).

Reactions: BabyRoadster
i only see 10% off. shipping is $282 (deal killer for me, i guess its standard?) Tirerack has free shipping for tires. i've had great experience with Michelin Pilot Sports, that's why I'm asking regarding tires.
Also asked because this M3P just recently came out and TSportline website does not specifically mention the 2024 "highland" M3P on any of their wheels descriptions.
They fit. Feel free to call them yourself. They have videos of their 18” wheels on their Instagram page on the new M3P also.

Like I said before, you have to add the wheels with the Hankook tires to the cart. Coupon codes IONFS and ION10. This is all on their website also.

Reactions: wkuallstar