Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They fit. Just compare the oem offset and wheel size to the ones you are getting.

And don't get the TSportline as they are heavy.

Check out atomic wheels >> Model 3 aftermarket fully forged and flow form wheels
They aren’t heavy. They sell 20” rims that are under 20 lbs each. Plenty of options to choose from. To characterize them as heavy is just objectively incorrect. Theres also nothing special about Apex rims either. They wait until they have enough orders and then ship a big crate of them from China to the USA.

Last edited:
94% of day one orders have VINs (excluding ones that never updated their EDD and its past the EDD). I'm still on July 2nd - July 16th. Anything past that and I am SOL with getting my M3P unless a non-demo magically appears in a lot. I've seen a few out of state ones, but they're all "lease only or business" models.

Guess I find out Tuesday what my fate is.

Yep… was thinking full PPF for mine until I got the quote! Yikes. I’ve got an appointment next week for tint and going to do the front bumper with PPF. Although … after handwashing today I noticed the side mirrors are also bug graveyards. When I take it in next week I’m going to ask how much to add on PPF for the side mirrors as well… figure my guy will have some decent sections of scrap cutaway for the front bumper and can hopefully throw me a bone doing the mirrors as well.
I think I got a decent price for front fascia PPF, but they wanted $85 per mirror and $105 per little section in front of the rear wheel. Maybe I’ll get a few rolls of scotch tape.

Taking delivery in Raleigh as well. Ordered far after you though, May 30. Currently showing Aug 11 - Sep 15. I think someone in Raleigh recently got a VIN, one in Charlotte as well. Seems in general that EDDs out this way have been moving earlier since we all got pushed to Aug-Sep a couple weeks back.
I went over to the Tesla yesterday, they were delivering a black performance and had just delivered two white one according to the rep I spoke to, can't wait for mine. What color did you get?

They fit. Just compare the oem offset and wheel size to the ones you are getting.

And don't get the TSportline as they are heavy.

Check out atomic wheels >> Model 3 aftermarket fully forged and flow form wheels
I’m sure there’s lots of discussion about this, I didn’t find it immediately, so I’ll ask …
I believe efficiency (range) also depends on wheel design, not just size. Any guidelines on which wheel designs (aftermarket) will give better range?
Edit: Also wondering for tire width, like 235 vs 265.

I’m sure there’s lots of discussion about this, I didn’t find it immediately, so I’ll ask …
I believe efficiency (range) also depends on wheel design, not just size. Any guidelines on which wheel designs (aftermarket) will give better range?
Edit: Also wondering for tire width, like 235 vs 265.
I stick with Tesla OEM tire and rim
sizes for any aftermarket 19” (or 18”) choices personally. In theory, any 18” or 19” rims will be more efficient than the stock 20” rims, assuming you put a good set of efficient tires on there. However, wheels that look more like an aero wheel will be most efficient. Air flows right over the wheel. I just think those type wheels tend to look like crap. Additionally, wider tires and rims will reduce range all things being equal.

Reactions: M3PDenver
For those wondering, the Covercraft sunshade for pre-highlands do fit the highland/performance nicely. I kept mine from my 2020 P and it fits the 24 (as I expected). Their site says it is not available for 24 and up, but they fit.
Thats great information! I love my covercraft windscreen shades. i have them for both my model 3P and model YP. I dont have one of these on order, but the covercraft shades are excellent.

Reactions: nonvinp3d
94% of day one orders have VINs (excluding ones that never updated their EDD and its past the EDD). I'm still on July 2nd - July 16th. Anything past that and I am SOL with getting my M3P unless a non-demo magically appears in a lot. I've seen a few out of state ones, but they're all "lease only or business" models.

Guess I find out Tuesday what my fate is.

I am the 6% ROFL

Took Delivery Today! (one major issue - HELP!)
tempImage84Zbe1.jpg

Paint quality great, and no panel gaps misalignment. When I accepted delivery and got back in the car, I noticed it still said it was in "wash service mode", and was showing no connectivity. I went back in, and the SA had me reboot the screen, delete the Tesla app, in reinstall it. Somehow we got it to work.

Took a short drive for lunch. When I got back in the car, connectivity was gone (no bluetooth or data). So I drove back to the service center. SA went in the car and did something to reboot it, and it's all working again! Great!

35 miles into my drive home I was streaming Apple Music, then all the sudden - connectivity issues again. Instead of driving all the way back, I decided to drive home to connect to wifi to see if there was an update. Guess what? Wifi is borked also. So No wifi, bluetooth, or data. Phone key works, but that's it .

Messaged SA on the app and they said I needed to make a service appointment. First available appointment is July 5th 1 hour away from me. Booked the service appointment just so it was recorded before the 100 mile/ 24 hour mark.

I'm thinking of driving back where I took delivery tomorrow and demand they fix it on the spot. Thoughts? Any suggestions? Went into service mode and it seems clear that the modem is bad and/or disconnected.

IMG_5545.jpg

Reactions: arkhos
My delivery day had been scheduled fortomorrow, but this morning I received a text from the local SC asking if I wanted to pick up today.

Guess how quickly I said, “HELL YES!”

I set out in my '23 M3RWD (my trade)and arrived a -little- early at the SC, pulled into the parking lot and there she was – the only blue one there of any model.

So I got out and just started on the outside walk-around... once... twice... three times... I could not find a single thing wrong with the outside. From reading all of you guys and gals before me, I was looking for the usual culprits, and couldn't find anything wrong.

By that time it was time for my-scheduled- delivery, so I did the app-thing and then headed inside where I was met by a really nice advisor and a brief explanation of the process was given. I was then able to go out, sit in it, and start the interior exam.

Straight off, the new seats are awesome, as many have been saying. I'm a 'wider' dude (6 ft, 270),and the seat was comfy. I tested all the things I could, played with the screen, adjusted mirrors, passenger seat, examined the ceiling, etc. I -feel- like I gave it good look, but I confess – I was eager to get on the road.

Went back inside and completed the paperwork in about 5-6 minutes. I asked a few questions, and the advisor recommended that I transfer my plate from my trade-in and save myself about $100. (I didn't even know I could do that).

Then... back out to the car – where I saw that a SG/black M3P was being examined by a guy and lady who was also there for delivery. I spoke to them briefly – the SG absolutely looks better in-person than in any pics. I also saw a redone there as well, and it, too, was stunning in-person. But the blue in the daylight just bewitched me, and off I went.

Next thing – stereo. OMG. The M3RWD has... what... 3 speakers? And it's not -terrible-, but it's just...average. This sound system is a drastic upgrade, for certain.

Also, the ride quality is just wonderful, AND the -sound- reduction is quite noticeable and very appreciated. I did not notice any crackling sound from my wheels...at least not yet.

I -did- get a couple miles from the SC and a very noticeable rattle started in the back seat driver's side door. I'll put in a ticket for that tonight.

My car odometer said 3 miles when I picked it up. Just a baby!

My floor mats (front and back), trunk mat, sub-trunk liner, and frunk liner that I kept from my M3RWD all fit.

The ambient lighting strip is(thankfully) well-aligned... and WAY cooler than in the videos. Absolutely love it, too.

I put the ventilated seat on max-cool for the ride home, and though I -could- feel it, it did feel a bit weak. But that wasn't a very long drive, so will test some more.

Stalks - or lack thereof. Was no big deal for me. Yes, it will take a bit more getting used-to, but even on my first trip I was getting the hang of it. There are a -few- roundabouts in my city, and I'll see how it goes when I come to one. But I admit I do like the 'clean' look of just the wheel and nothing else behind it.

And... of course... need anything more be said about that power? I was giggling like a five-year-old. It's just a different world from the RWD or any ICE vehicle I've owned. Never in my younger days did I ever dream of owning a vehicle this refined, this gorgeous, and this quick. I kinda wanna take a sleeping bag out there and camp in it.

The finger-carpal-tunnel I developed from checking the app 1,917 times a day since April 23rd was worth it. I'm in love... I just hope my wife doesn't find out.

Tomorrow: Tint and Ceramic coating!

One pic before it gets too dark outside(old phone camera).

More later!
blue2.jpg

Last edited:
Put a few miles on her today. Did a few 0-80 pulls lol. Fast AF. The front tires break loose a little bit. Then did a few 35-5 and then 50-5 to bed in the brakes. The very first hard brake it felt mushy, so a bedding is definitely needed. My car does pull to the right a bit, which will be addressed at the SC. Autopilot keeps the car going straight, effectively hiding the problem for now lol. Turn signals I still have to get used to. Sometimes I miss the button to press so in turn fail to indicate at all (sorry to other drivers, go blame the car lol). Everything feels nice and solid. Doors have a more substantial thunk. The suspension in sport is nice and stiff, the way she likes it lol. The sound system is awesome. The onscreen gear changes I don't mind as much as the button signals. Overall a very happy and satisfying day 2 with the car. 👌

Took Delivery Today! (one major issue - HELP!)
View attachment 1060762

Paint quality great, and no panel gaps misalignment. When I accepted delivery and got back in the car, I noticed it still said it was in "wash service mode", and was showing no connectivity. I went back in, and the SA had me reboot the screen, delete the Tesla app, in reinstall it. Somehow we got it to work.

Took a short drive for lunch. When I got back in the car, connectivity was gone (no bluetooth or data). So I drove back to the service center. SA went in the car and did something to reboot it, and it's all working again! Great!

35 miles into my drive home I was streaming Apple Music, then all the sudden - connectivity issues again. Instead of driving all the way back, I decided to drive home to connect to wifi to see if there was an update. Guess what? Wifi is borked also. So No wifi, bluetooth, or data. Phone key works, but that's it .

Messaged SA on the app and they said I needed to make a service appointment. First available appointment is July 5th 1 hour away from me. Booked the service appointment just so it was recorded before the 100 mile/ 24 hour mark.

I'm thinking of driving back where I took delivery tomorrow and demand they fix it on the spot. Thoughts? Any suggestions? Went into service mode and it seems clear that the modem is bad and/or disconnected.

View attachment 1060763
I assume you tried the two button salute/reboot? That is, push in and hold both scroll wheels on the steering wheel until the screen goes black, then the car reboots? After I did that on mine, it cleared up a lot of service messages in service mode. Although I wasn't having any problems there were a bunch of service/fix messages that went away for me so worth a try if you haven't already.

I have a feeling that when the SC updates the firmware and does whatever they do... it's possible not everything gets initialized or "calibrated" on the first boot. Just my dumb theory.

Reactions: Raptor911
My delivery day had been scheduled fortomorrow, but this morning I received a text from the local SC asking if I wanted to pick up today.

Guess how quickly I said, “HELL YES!”

I set out in my '23 M3RWD (my trade)and arrived a -little- early at the SC, pulled into the parking lot and there she was – the only blue one there of any model.

So I got out and just started on the outside walk-around... once... twice... three times... I could not find a single thing wrong with the outside. From reading all of you guys and gals before me, I was looking for the usual culprits, and couldn't find anything wrong.

By that time it was time for my-scheduled- delivery, so I did the app-thing and then headed inside where I was met by a really nice advisor and a brief explanation of the process was given. I was then able to go out, sit in it, and start the interior exam.

Straight off, the new seats are awesome, as many have been saying. I'm a 'wider' dude (6 ft, 270),and the seat was comfy. I tested all the things I could, played with the screen, adjusted mirrors, passenger seat, examined the ceiling, etc. I -feel- like I gave it good look, but I confess – I was eager to get on the road.

Went back inside and completed the paperwork in about 5-6 minutes. I asked a few questions, and the advisor recommended that I transfer my plate from my trade-in and save myself about $100. (I didn't even know I could do that).

Then... back out to the car – where I saw that a SG/black M3P was being examined by a guy and lady who was also there for delivery. I spoke to them briefly – the SG absolutely looks better in-person than in any pics. I also saw a redone there as well, and it, too, was stunning in-person. But the blue in the daylight just bewitched me, and off I went.

Next thing – stereo. OMG. The M3RWD has... what... 3 speakers? And it's not -terrible-, but it's just...average. This sound system is a drastic upgrade, for certain.

Also, the ride quality is just wonderful, AND the -sound- reduction is quite noticeable and very appreciated. I did not notice any crackling sound from my wheels...at least not yet.

I -did- get a couple miles from the SC and a very noticeable rattle started in the back seat driver's side door. I'll put in a ticket for that tonight.

My car odometer said 3 miles when I picked it up. Just a baby!

My floor mats (front and back), trunk mat, sub-trunk liner, and frunk liner that I kept from my M3RWD all fit.

The ambient lighting strip is(thankfully) well-aligned... and WAY cooler than in the videos. Absolutely love it, too.

I put the ventilated seat on max-cool for the ride home, and though I -could- feel it, it did feel a bit weak. But that wasn't a very long drive, so will test some more.

Stalks - or lack thereof. Was no big deal for me. Yes, it will take a bit more getting used-to, but even on my first trip I was getting the hang of it. There are a -few- roundabouts in my city, and I'll see how it goes when I come to one. But I admit I do like the 'clean' look of just the wheel and nothing else behind it.

And... of course... need anything more be said about that power? I was giggling like a five-year-old. It's just a different world from the RWD or any ICE vehicle I've owned. Never in my younger days did I ever dream of owning a vehicle this refined, this gorgeous, and this quick. I kinda wanna take a sleeping bag out there and camp in it.

The finger-carpal-tunnel I developed from checking the app 1,917 times a day since April 23rd was worth it. I'm in love... I just hope my wife doesn't find out.

Tomorrow: Tint and Ceramic coating!

One pic before it gets too dark outside(old phone camera).

More later!View attachment 1060766
How much they offer for your ‘23?

Reactions: M3PDenver