Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my tint done today, then dropped off for an overnight stay at the ceramic coating shop. Was very hard to let go after just 24 hours! :) As I was headed there, I realized that I hadn't put it in Insane mode, so did that... if anyone in the Portland/Vancouver area finds a pair of kidneys on I-205, please DM me. :)

Tint place is right next to the Tesla dealer, so I had a couple hours to kill - went over and sat in a Cybertruck, a Model X, and Model S. Walked around the lot to see that all but one of the M3P I saw yesterday were gone. Lots of Y's and 3LR's on hand awaiting delivery. Surprisingly, I saw at least 6 Black MS Plaids. What a beautiful car that is. Sticker right at $95k. Someday, maybe...

Hang in there, those waiting for VINs/Deliveries! :)

Interior lights are bright as heck when you unlock the car. I don’t see a way to adjust the brightness.

Attachments

• IMG_3963.jpeg
    IMG_3963.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3964.jpeg
    IMG_3964.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1
What kind of community asks you to add your entry to a spreadsheet and then weeks later deletes your entry?
I noticed someone went in to the main data entry page and filtered for gray exterior and black interior. Just to let everyone here know, I set those back to all. Next time someone sees their data is missing, check over on the left to see if there are missing rows.

Yes, I tried the reboot. Since delivery the issue has fixed itself twice, and broke shortly after. I drove back to where I took delivery today to see if they could help, but they "didn't have the equipment to test the car". I'm stuck with waiting for the service appointment on Friday.

I also have tint/ceramic coating scheduled for Monday, but I'm contemplating waiting until I can ensure Tesla can fix this issue. Thoughts? I'd hate to invest more money into a car that could be a lemon.

This is my first Tesla and it's very disappointing. For those that have dealt with Tesla Service - can I expect at my service appointment? Do they work on the car right then? Can I request a loaner vehicle? So far the no one from the Service department has reached out regarding the issue/appointment.

Love the car. Just wish it worked.
It sounds like just a loose cable or wire or possibly a bad modem. My guess is they'll probably just replace the modem to be sure, check some connections, and then send you on your way. With that said, I think waiting until after the appointment and making sure the fix worked is a good idea before getting anything done to the car. The modem is pretty much plug-and-play and slides into a slot on the main board of the computer so they only need to remove a couple dash panels above the passenger footwell, pop the case off the computer, and unscrew the old modem and slide in the new modem, then reassemble.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it as in general the Tesla techs are quite skilled.

Yes, I tried the reboot. Since delivery the issue has fixed itself twice, and broke shortly after. I drove back to where I took delivery today to see if they could help, but they "didn't have the equipment to test the car". I'm stuck with waiting for the service appointment on Friday.

I also have tint/ceramic coating scheduled for Monday, but I'm contemplating waiting until I can ensure Tesla can fix this issue. Thoughts? I'd hate to invest more money into a car that could be a lemon.

This is my first Tesla and it's very disappointing. For those that have dealt with Tesla Service - can I expect at my service appointment? Do they work on the car right then? Can I request a loaner vehicle? So far the no one from the Service department has reached out regarding the issue/appointment.

Love the car. Just wish it worked.
Might be worth seeing if they can just repush the last software update. That or go in service mode and check what about connectivity is failing.

Picked her up today in Santa Barbara. Went over the car with a fine tooth comb and only found one issue, slight snag in the furthest forward dash material. Paint looked fantastic. Drove 80+ miles to the tint/PPF shop and noticed that it definitely pulls to the right. Appointment already scheduled.

Drove back with my six year old so wasn’t doing anything too crazy but the kid definitely liked the acceleration (kept yelling for more).

Can’t wait to get it back in a few days. The drive was just so enjoyable, I’m super pumped. View attachment 1060957
I hope everyone knows that every car is built to pull slightly to the right on purpose
Picked her up today in Santa Barbara. Went over the car with a fine tooth comb and only found one issue, slight snag in the furthest forward dash material. Paint looked fantastic. Drove 80+ miles to the tint/PPF shop and noticed that it definitely pulls to the right. Appointment already scheduled.

Drove back with my six year old so wasn’t doing anything too crazy but the kid definitely liked the acceleration (kept yelling for more).

Can’t wait to get it back in a few days. The drive was just so enjoyable, I’m super pumped. View attachment 1060957
On most freeways cars will drift to the right. Freeways are built with a few degrees of slope to drain water. If your car pulls greatly to the right it’s an alignment issue. I have had 20+ cars and all of them have drifted to the right. Hope that helps.

Reactions: P-Lo801
I noticed someone went in to the main data entry page and filtered for gray exterior and black interior. Just to let everyone here know, I set those back to all. Next time someone sees their data is missing, check over on the left to see if there are missing rows.
Follow up, my data is present on the entry page, but I noticed that the other pages where the data is sorted don't include all the entries from the entry page (I think they cut off around orders from May 23. Does anyone know how to resolve?

I hope everyone knows that every car is built to pull slightly to the right on purpose

On most freeways cars will drift to the right. Freeways are built with a few degrees of slope to drain water. If your car pulls greatly to the right it’s an alignment issue. I have had 20+ cars and all of them have drifted to the right. Hope that helps.
This was more than a drift to the right, this was making the Lane Assist fight it and pinball in the lane. It was trying to pull right on a banked left hand turn. As my dad said, “better than pulling left”!

Reactions: Soklean