Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new P3 in Miami Gardens, FL today. Driving it back to Atlanta tomorrow. Found it in inventory. Rides so nice and is quiet on the inside. She’s fast!

Was scheduled for 11a tomorrow, but they were kind enough to let me pick it up today!

IMG_3955.jpeg

Picked her up today in Santa Barbara. Went over the car with a fine tooth comb and only found one issue, slight snag in the furthest forward dash material. Paint looked fantastic. Drove 80+ miles to the tint/PPF shop and noticed that it definitely pulls to the right. Appointment already scheduled.

Drove back with my six year old so wasn’t doing anything too crazy but the kid definitely liked the acceleration (kept yelling for more).

Can’t wait to get it back in a few days. The drive was just so enjoyable, I’m super pumped.
IMG_0718.jpeg

USA, but that really wasn’t my point. Buy whatever wheels you want, but Apex wheels aren’t “better” and Tsportline wheels aren’t heavy.
- TSportsline are made in china ... see below
- Apex's forged line is def better than the flow forged wheels from TSportsline. Forged wheels are just stronger and lighter
- these are the wheels I was referring to and they are 18.3 pounds/ea

1719714136000.png

- Vendor - T Sportline 19" TST Wheels For Sale Tesla Model S

This was in 2014 so perhaps they are made in the US now?

1719713539158.png

Last edited:
Just had mine delivered. Night time and pouring rain. Other than scrape on front bottom it looks pretty good, though hard to see. Weird thing though. The window sticker says it has FSD with an $8k charge and $64k total price. But, I didn’t order it like that, I didn’t pay anywhere near that much, and I’m able to do the monthly subscription for $99 bucks a month. What’s going on? This is very weird. Anyone else have this happen? VIN matches my app.

IMG_6784.jpeg

IMG_6782.jpeg

Reactions: Jangy and Raptor911
Just had mine delivered. Night time and pouring rain. Other than scrape on front bottom it looks pretty good, though hard to see. Weird thing though. The window sticker says it has FSD with an $8k charge and $64k total price. But, I didn’t order it like that, I didn’t pay anywhere near that much, and I’m able to do the monthly subscription for $99 bucks a month. What’s going on? This is very weird. Anyone else have this happen? VIN matches my app.

View attachment 1060971
View attachment 1060972
LOL! They just gave you FSD for FREE and you are telling the world you did not pay for it? LOL!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: phantasms
For those still waiting I think you'll be happy you did once you get your car. I just got mine back from getting ppf installed. I put on a new set of Rally Armor mud guards, reinstalled my Tech Forum Atlas swivel mount and tomorrow I'll apply ceramic coating to the seats. Then I'll relax and enjoy the car for a while.

Attachments

• PXL_20240629_200929888.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240629_200929888.MP.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20240629_200923045.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240629_200923045.MP.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240629_200944884.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240629_200944884.MP.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Raptor911
For those still waiting I think you'll be happy you did once you get your car. I just got mine back from getting ppf installed. I put on a new set of Rally Armor mud guards, reinstalled my Tech Forum Atlas swivel mount and tomorrow I'll apply ceramic coating to the seats. Then I'll relax and enjoy the car for a while.
Are you referring to ceramic coating on the seats? Wouldn't that compromise the ventilated seats?

- TSportsline are made in china ... see below
- Apex's forged line is def better than the flow forged wheels from TSportsline. Forged wheels are just stronger and lighter
- these are the wheels I was referring to and they are 18.3 pounds/ea

View attachment 1060970
- Vendor - T Sportline 19" TST Wheels For Sale Tesla Model S
So you’re comparing an expensive Apex *forged* rims to one of the cheaper TSportlines *flow formed* rims? How does that make any sense? That’s an apples to oranges comparison, especially when TSportline literally makes forged wheels. Any forged rim is going to be lighter than a flow formed rim. Convenient of you to not do a proper comparison to try and prove your (invalid) point.

Here’s 20” forged wheels from TSportline that are 2” larger rim than the Apex rim you showed but still under 20 lbs

This was in 2014 so perhaps they are made in the US now?

View attachment 1060968
You went and found a post from *over 10 years* ago to try and substantiate your (invalid) point instead of just going to their website? A+ for effort though tbh 😂 let’s again try and compare apples to apples

“All T Sportline forged wheels are manufactured in the USA”

As this is a waiting room thread, this will be my last post on this as it is getting off topic. The facts speak for themselves.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
Today I removed the aero covers. Took the wheels off and was able to get them out without breaking anything. There were a fair amount of scratches on the wheels. I took a Dremel with a felt wheel and some Scratch X to them. That worked really well. At 575 miles, the amount of brake dust was unbelievable. I ordered some carbon ceramic brake pads to take care of that. Heading to TireRack next week to investigate wheel and tire options.

I assume you tried the two button salute/reboot? That is, push in and hold both scroll wheels on the steering wheel until the screen goes black, then the car reboots? After I did that on mine, it cleared up a lot of service messages in service mode. Although I wasn't having any problems there were a bunch of service/fix messages that went away for me so worth a try if you haven't already.

I have a feeling that when the SC updates the firmware and does whatever they do... it's possible not everything gets initialized or "calibrated" on the first boot. Just my dumb theory.
Yes, I tried the reboot. Since delivery the issue has fixed itself twice, and broke shortly after. I drove back to where I took delivery today to see if they could help, but they "didn't have the equipment to test the car". I'm stuck with waiting for the service appointment on Friday.

I also have tint/ceramic coating scheduled for Monday, but I'm contemplating waiting until I can ensure Tesla can fix this issue. Thoughts? I'd hate to invest more money into a car that could be a lemon.

This is my first Tesla and it's very disappointing. For those that have dealt with Tesla Service - can I expect at my service appointment? Do they work on the car right then? Can I request a loaner vehicle? So far the no one from the Service department has reached out regarding the issue/appointment.

Love the car. Just wish it worked.

Picked up today in Colma, CA.

Tesla called me this morning saying I could take delivery today in Colma or have them ship it to my intended delivery location in Rocklin but that could take an additional week or so.

Paint and panel gaps are perfect. Interior is flawless. Only minor thing I saw was that the passenger side tail light is not sitting perfectly flush with the trunk. Will schedule a service appt for it.

Other than that. What a car! I will be leaving it insane mode forever. 😬

IMG_4542.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: P-Lo801 and arkhos