Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tuxmat shows this right now >> register for waitlist

View attachment 1061538
Yup. I'm on it. But if you google tuxmat 2024 highland tesla model 3, the following link shows up and appears as if you can order them. Yet note that they are the wrong ones. Odd.
Screenshot_2-7-2024_71841_www.tuxmat.com.jpeg

Reactions: Raptor911
I spoke with a local SA and they said I have a soft match on August 1st, but the SA at least this one I spoke too said “soft matches” don’t exist. I was told I have a soft match “early July” from another SA back in June.

Unfortunately for me this was the last straw for the wife. She said if my EDD changes tomorrow or Wednesday the order is being canceled and we’re going to a normal dealership like regular people. She said the inconsistency of all the different SAs is something that really questions the customer service of Tesla and she’s concerned about doing business with them.

I think it’s a wrap for me, but it’ll be for the better and I think EVs in 5-10 years won’t take as much of a depreciation hit and have much better range.
Agree. I really want to be excited for this car but the order process is really turning me off. Tesla has been inconsistent and downright dishonest throughout.

I never get the same answer from two different reps. My initial EDD was, I’m convinced, a blatant lie to draw in more orders. They keep messaging me about filling out payment info in the app when I don’t even have the damn option.

Now I’m hearing about people having to use wrenches to adjust their own frunks because they’re so badly misaligned…

Yippee!

• Informative
Reactions: xalthe and Jakub1
No. If Tesla matches your order to an available unit in inventory, the price of that unit would revert to the day you ordered your M3P. I hope that makes sense.

I did the same for my order but refused delivery as there were issues with my car.
So if there is a unit in inventory that doesn’t qualify for the tax credit but would have if ordered when I ordered, will it qualify for the tax credit if I match to it?

So if there is a unit in inventory that doesn’t qualify for the tax credit but would have if ordered when I ordered, will it qualify for the tax credit if I match to it?
Correct! I did it BUT ended up refusing the order and helped 2 others do it here and they did take delivery.

This one is in GA but I think it is above 55k based on your order on 5/15 >> https://www.tesla.com/m3/order/5YJ3...egion=SC&titleStatus=new&redirect=no#overview

in Raleigh >> https://www.tesla.com/m3/order/5YJ3...egion=NC&titleStatus=new&redirect=no#overview

Last edited:
Reactions: LilPaz
On a different note, I got a VIN last week, for those not in CA, how long does it usually take from VIN to you can schedule delivery? Current EDD 7/8-7/16. My current car is throwing error codes on a daily basis now and I just really don't want to throw more money at it when it seems so close

I'm a bit east of you in South Carolina, but got my VIN 6/22 and SA said car arrives 7/7 with a scheduled delivery of 7/8. The 4th of July holiday probably extended it a day or two.

I was able to schedule delivery about a week after I got my VIN

Last edited:
Reactions: mycal
you tinted your windshield? If yes, then it is def the tint causing the distortion.

My buddy does this to his cars and every time I ride in them .. at certain angles, I can see the distortion .. drives me crazy but he is use to it.
Does this always happen with tinting the windshield? I was likely going to have mine tinted to 55%. Seems like tons of people have this done but this is the first time I have heard of it causing a visual distortion. Or is this just a sign of bad tint application?

Correct! I did it BUT ended up refusing the order and helped 2 others do it here and they did take delivery.

This one is in GA but I think it is above 55k based on your order on 5/15 >> https://www.tesla.com/m3/order/5YJ3...egion=SC&titleStatus=new&redirect=no#overview

in Raleigh >> https://www.tesla.com/m3/order/5YJ3...egion=NC&titleStatus=new&redirect=no#overview
Woah okay that could be huge, thanks for the info. When I ordered, IIRC, you could basically get either a blue/black/white with a black interior or SG with a white interior to qualify for the tax credit. So I’d need to look for something that follows these criteria?

Does this always happen with tinting the windshield? I was likely going to have mine tinted to 55%. Seems like tons of people have this done but this is the first time I have heard of it causing a visual distortion. Or is this just a sign of bad tint application?
anytime you get a tint, the installer will tell you leave it out in the sun 2-3 days as it will help to evaporate any residual water remaining between the film and glass. I am sure this is what the member was seeing.

It happens every time. You're looking through plastic and glue, neither of which are optically clear regardless of what people try to say. I don't tint the whole windshield for that reason. It doesn't bother everyone. Most don't care until they notice it, if they even notice it. It gets me nauseous.

anytime you get a tint, the installer will tell you leave it out in the sun 2-3 days as it will help to evaporate any residual water remaining between the film and glass. I am sure this is what the member was seeing.
A premium job will have minimal (if any) remaining liquid. That isn't the distortion that it causes. The reason is that the windshield is curved so there is differential distortion of the waves

Woah okay that could be huge, thanks for the info. When I ordered, IIRC, you could basically get either a blue/black/white with a black interior or SG with a white interior to qualify for the tax credit. So I’d need to look for something that follows these criteria?
If you want to be sure try to modify your build. When you do, you will see the price .. the price will reflect the pricing level the day you ordered.

So you can see all the possible combo that still allows for the 7500 in your scenario.

Once you find an available M3P, ask your SA to match you to that car and it will work.

Please note, if you found one in GA, you have to go to that location. Tesla will not ship it to your local tesla dealership.

Reactions: LilPaz
If you want to be sure try to modify your build. When you do, you will see the price .. the price will reflect the pricing level the day you ordered.

So you can see all the possible combo that still allows for the 7500 in your scenario.

Once you find an available M3P, ask your SA to match you to that car and it will work.

Please note, if you found one in GA, you have to go to that location. Tesla will not ship it to your local tesla dealership.
Thanks, this is valuable information. Going to keep my eyes peeled for something. Sadly, any combo that has a white interior and a color other than SG doesn’t qualify for the tax credit for me… So silly. Hopefully some black interiors or SG/whites pop up.

It happens every time. You're looking through plastic and glue, neither of which are optically clear regardless of what people try to say. I don't tint the whole windshield for that reason. It doesn't bother everyone. Most don't care until they notice it, if they even notice it. It gets me nauseous.
Hm that’s making me second guessing doing the windshield if that’s the case. I feel like it would drive me crazy if I noticed it lol. I just feel like the front windshield on the M3 is so see through and looks like of odd if you don’t tint it at all yet go like 20% everywhere else.