Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was scheduled to be delivered in Fremont today but on Wednesday morning they texted me and wanted to know if I wanted to pick it up in an hour. Needless to say, I picked it up in an hour. Now after 3 coats of Cquartz, 1 coat of Gliss, and 1 coat of Gyeon Rim ceramic coatings, I think I'm about done with working on it. Now, the dumb question for the day. Where does Tesla hide the card keys? I can't find them.

View attachment 1060687
Mine were sitting in a carboard pouch/envelope on the center console

Tesla trying to send me 2 hours away to some random inventory match. Tesla delivery process seems to get worse every time. Was a breeze with my 2018 3, 2023 y was a bit janky, and this model 3 performance is so far kind of a pita.

Pretty soon will be missing the dealership experience.
Never. You'd prefer that they sit on inventory and not give you the opportunity? Come on.

Reactions: tone228
you tinted your windshield? If yes, then it is def the tint causing the distortion.

My buddy does this to his cars and every time I ride in them .. at certain angles, I can see the distortion .. drives me crazy but he is use to it.
dam it, my 1st front windshield tint. i'll leave it on for a few weeks and see if i can get used to it. it's friggin annoying cause its not just one small area, literally the entire windshield.

dam it, my 1st front windshield tint. i'll leave it on for a few weeks and see if i can get used to it. it's friggin annoying cause its not just one small area, literally the entire windshield.
how long has it been on the car? There may be some water still between the tint and the windshield. let it sit in the sun for 2-3 days and it may clear up.

Reactions: tone228
Updated EDD 6/16: July 4 - July 18
😮

No VIN though...🤔
Well - last week I got a call asking if I would change my white/black to a white/white that had been a showroom model and take delivery before the end of the week. ..thought about it for an hour and said yes. Now yesterday I took delivery. Now I'm driving a beautiful fast and nimble car and my wife inherits my Model Y performance.
Thank-you end of quarter push. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Do ceramic coating jobs usually include the wheels or is that typically separate? I assumed it would include them, but then when looking at the quote I realized that it does not mention them.

If separate, is it worth the extra cost to do the wheels as well?
The place I got my ceramic coating had 4 different 'packages', and three of them did include the wheels.

I assume it varies from business to business. :)

Hi All, just a quick update:

OD 6/2 and was able to schedule pick up from the app early last week, talked to a SA and got all the steps completed and scheduled pick up on 6/29 (got VIN on 6/27). coming from a MYLR and BMW M2C, I think this is sort of in the middle, leaning closer to the MYP but better handling. It's in the shop now for PPF and window tint next week. I'll post some photos once everything is done but hang in there guys, for those who can only own one car, it is THE perfect car that can do everything well.

Well - last week I got a call asking if I would change my white/black to a white/white that had been a showroom model and take delivery before the end of the week. ..thought about it for an hour and said yes. Now yesterday I took delivery. Now I'm driving a beautiful fast and nimble car and my wife inherits my Model Y performance.
Thank-you end of quarter push. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Were you not qualified for the tax rebate? They told me if I changed mine it would be with the new MSRP and the car wouldn’t qualify anymore.

Last edited:
Beautiful. Our Edds were tracking the same until you switched color for the floor model. Just thought I would let you know they just pushed out my July 4 to aug 1 Edd all the way out to July 28-to Sept 1. And here I was thinking would get some love in the new quarter. I think I am going to peace out from the forums until I get a VIN. Well done grabbing one!
Damn dude that sucks, you not interested in their floor cars?

Were you not qualified for the tax rebate? They told me if I changed mine it would be with the new MSRP and the car wouldn’t qualify anymore.
I am not qualified for the rebate, so that didn't come up.

They also took off something like $570, and I assumed I was paying the same price as before. I'm slightly ashamed to say I didn't pay close attention, was just excited to get delivery.

Should I be buying Tux Mat for 2024 M3P or 2025? Also are these the best or should I go with another brand
1719893569681.png

Mine were sitting in a carboard pouch/envelope on the center console
Mine is already sitting in my wallet and I don't even have the car yet... I am looking forward to getting two spares with the car though.

I think when we got my wife's MYP they were in the folder they gave us with the paperwork, but I honestly don't remember exactly anymore.

Mine is already sitting in my wallet and I don't even have the car yet... I am looking forward to getting two spares with the car though.

I think when we got my wife's MYP they were in the folder they gave us with the paperwork, but I honestly don't remember exactly anymore.
That is so strange - it must be different from SC to SC.

Both of the Teslas I bought, they presented the keycards to me after I hand-signed the handful of documents at delivery. Maybe because I traded them a vehicle both times?

I actually bought the two spare keycards from the Tesla site ($40) earlier this year when my wife thought she lost hers. The day after they arrived, she found it, so I then had 4 keycards. I still only gave the two originals when I traded in my M3RWD last week, so still have a couple spares 'just in case'.

Reactions: AJ Henderson
Order was placed on 27 April with a June delivery estimate.

7 May - Delivery estimate was updated to July 6 - August 17
3 June - updated to June 26-June 30
8 June - updated to July 1-August 5
16 June - updated to July 1-July 29
26 June - updated to July 2-July 16
1 July - updated to July 22 - August 26

FML

Should I be buying Tux Mat for 2024 M3P or 2025? Also are these the best or should I go with another brand View attachment 1061461
TuxMats are the best. I have used every brand under the sun and currently am running TuxMats on all my cars. Hands down they provide the most coverage.

Get the 24 when they come out. I emailed TuxMat’s and was told they are planning to release them sometime in July