Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday was September 6-26th, today’s EDD is July 17 - July 27

I don’t really want it until September though…
I had mine on hold for similar reasons - but I would take it as soon as you can. The continued parts shortages scare me. We've already lost passenger lumber, which, ok whatever, but GM just removed wireless charging from their full size SUVs and trucks. That would right piss me off if it happened to Tesla.

I had mine on hold for similar reasons - but I would take it as soon as you can. The continued parts shortages scare me. We've already lost passenger lumber, which, ok whatever, but GM just removed wireless charging from their full size SUVs and trucks. That would right piss me off if it happened to Tesla.
Ya I would be pissed if we lost wireless charging. Passenger lumber I can handle I saw BMW removed passenger lumbar on some cars as well.

I actually wish they kept Regen Low as an option. I'll be bouncing between the Tesla and our van very often because kids, and having to re-learn driving habits each time I swap is annoying.
I know you can adjust regen in the track mode settings. Kind of surprised they removed the low regen option... I am looking forward to be able to do a complete stop with regen my current S doesn't have that.

Reactions: JohnnyMa
Part of me hopes Tesla will reverse their decision on Radar removal (like auto dimming mirrors back in 2020), but I know that won’t happen.

I actually ordered back in April and have had my order on hold since now. If only I took delivery right away :rolleyes:

Part of me hopes Tesla will reverse their decision on Radar removal (like auto dimming mirrors back in 2020), but I know that won’t happen.

I actually ordered back in April and have had my order on hold since now. If only I took delivery right away :rolleyes:
It's looking like Vision is behaving as well as radar...IIHS re-certified the safety features and restored the recommended ratings. Who knows with Tesla but I think radar is gone for good.

It's looking like Vision is behaving as well as radar...IIHS re-certified the safety features and restored the recommended ratings. Who knows with Tesla but I think radar is gone for good.
I'm really going to be interested to see how Tesla Vision does in the winter. I do think Radar's ability to see through the car in front of you is a huge safety incentive to have it. I do agree with you that radar is probably gone for good. Elon has been saying he plans on getting full self driving with just the cameras.

I did see that and will play around with those settings. Wonder if you can default to Track Mode upon startup.
My guess is they will not let you have the car default to track mode because they technically don't want you useing it unless your on a track. Would be worth tweeting Tesla though and telling them you want the adjustable regen option outside track mode...

I actually wish they kept Regen Low as an option. I'll be bouncing between the Tesla and our van very often because kids, and having to re-learn driving habits each time I swap is annoying.
Regen High enables the one foot/pedal driving and is fantastic (you wont want to go back after using it a bit). The first couple drives on the ICE car after a Tesla are a bit strange, but wears off quick. I have a Jeep Wrangler (essentially the antithesis of an EV in almost every way) too and drive the wife's car a good bit...no issue going back and forth.

I just cant wait until Vision can handle following distance like radar. My 2018 radar Model 3 would let a car or two merge in during highway driving, but Vision leaves a big enough gap that I am sure during rush hour, people behind me are wondering wtf I am doing :p

I just cant wait until Vision can handle following distance like radar. My 2018 radar Model 3 would let a car or two merge in during highway driving, but Vision leaves a big enough gap that I am sure during rush hour, people behind me are wondering wtf I am doing :p
Really hope they fix that. Even with my car set to the minimum following distance I get cut off quite a bit when I use AP (I'm not a slow driver by any means either).... leave any gap here someone is going to shove their way in.

Last edited:
Have you ever driven a EV? The regen braking takes a bit to get used to but once you do you will never want to go back. Driving it is just going to make you want it more :)
Yes, I actually test drove the LR Model 3 last week and I left the lot not overly impressed… until I got back into my current car. That immediate torque is something else. I do want to see what an additional 25-30% off the 0-60 feels like!

I’m a little upset about learning I can’t turn down regen braking, that was my main complaint with the drive. In fact, it made me and my passenger a little car sick due to how harsh it is.

Yes, I actually test drove the LR Model 3 last week and I left the lot not overly impressed… until I got back into my current car. That immediate torque is something else. I do want to see what an additional 25-30% off the 0-60 feels like!

I’m a little upset about learning I can’t turn down regen braking, that was my main complaint with the drive. In fact, it made me and my passenger a little car sick due to how harsh it is.

How come you didn't notice the difference in torque immediately when you test drove?

Anyway, once you modulate the accelerator properly, it's a smoother drive than ICE since it's not running through multiple gears. You made yourself and your passenger sick. Don't say "it wasn't me" like your namesake lol.

I remember the first time I test drove my model S the regen braking felt weird and I kept thinking how am I ever going to get used to this. Now it is second nature though. You will learn how to let off the accelerator so you stop smoothly. It probably took me a day or two so it isn't bad. Now when I drive a ICE car it feels weird that it doesn't slow down when I let off the gas. I haven't driven a performance Model 3 yet but 3.1sec 0-60 is crazy fast.

I got a text to self-schedule a home delivery. (Tesla CS said it would be a service center pickup, but whatever.) Problem is, as I feared, it is days when I'm going to be out of town. I reached out to my SA to see what can be done but I won't be back home until a week after those offered dates, so it's growing dim.

Regen High enables the one foot/pedal driving and is fantastic (you wont want to go back after using it a bit). The first couple drives on the ICE car after a Tesla are a bit strange, but wears off quick. I have a Jeep Wrangler (essentially the antithesis of an EV in almost every way) too and drive the wife's car a good bit...no issue going back and forth.
That's good to know and I'm sure I'll reach a happy medium. Just wish we still had the option, because my wife for sure will not be driving the Tesla enough to acclimate. Which...could be a good thing I guess? /ronburgundytilt

Anyone else's estimated delivery date changing wildly from day to day? Its been 3 weeks since I placed my order (gave up my long range I ordered in May because I got an itch for track mode...) and every few days the estimate changes from 7-11 weeks (which hasn't lessened in 3 weeks) and showing delivery in the new few weeks - yesterday it said July 17 - Aug 3, today it's back to 7-11 weeks.

Yes, everyone's date changes all the time and the format changes all the time too. It will even disappear completely at times. When it says "weeks" it's weeks from your order date, not from today.

The last day of the date range represents the week that they actually expect you to be at the front of the line when they ship cars like yours to your delivery center.

The first day of the range is just to keep you prepared in case someone ahead of you with the same car and same delivery center cancels/rejects their order. That's why that day is often listed as today or tomorrow.