Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please find out whether or not the panorama sun roof will have any kind of interior screen or other mechanism to block sun when desired? where i am in Miami, even a tinted sunroof can be annoying when the sun is bright if there is no shade....

Tesla say here (Model S features) that they have an infrared coating that reduces the solar load transmitted through the glass to 20%, but no mention as to whether there will or will not be a shade or something available for those who leave in really hot places.

Gotta ask - can someone please do that today (probably in the pre-event for sig res holders) - if it's going to be 4G LTE in addition to / instead of 3G/3G+ for connectivity?

I'm not sure if the Maps GPS will have an 'offline' mode or if it'll all be reliant on an Internet connection but, in Tesla's hometown atleast, 3G performance is very average and definitely unreliable for full-on in-car navigation.

Am I seeing things or is the touchscreen crooked and looking towards the driver? Or, can it be moved around to face the passenger (if s/he wants to navigate or surf the Internet etc.)?

I guess you could already do that with smallish aftermarket GPS units that are mounted on the dash/windshield but, kinda' looks wonky for an in-car system with a screen that big!

Am I seeing things or is the touchscreen crooked and looking towards the driver? Or, can it be moved around to face the passenger (if s/he wants to navigate or surf the Internet etc.)?

I guess you could already do that with smallish aftermarket GPS units that are mounted on the dash/windshield but, kinda' looks wonky for an in-car system with a screen that big!

I also noticed that the screen is crooked.

Another question for those actually seeing the car - it seems from the new interior picture that the middle armrest/cupholder fixture is pretty far back to provide decent armrest. now it could just be that the seats are all the way forward to maximize the appearance of rear space. But I would be curious if it seems that way to those who actually see the car. but love that they kept a dual cupholder - couldn't live without that!

but if you look from the side view into the interior http://www.teslamotors.com/models/features#/interior it looks like it is straight ahead ... can't wait until the reports are in from tonights visit.

Not feeling the dashboard. Is that wood? Initial thoughts is that it looks like something from the late 70's with a computer in the middle. I will reserve my final opinion for tomorrow since computer rendered pictures are often poor representations of the real thing. The front seats remind me of my old '72 240z. They were thin but oh so comfy.

Not feeling the dashboard. Is that wood? Initial thoughts is that it looks like something from the late 70's with a computer in the middle. I will reserve my final opinion for tomorrow since computer rendered pictures are often poor representations of the real thing. The front seats remind me of my old '72 240z. They were thin but oh so comfy.

I agree. Although I can not attend, I believe the interior (more so than the exterior) needs to be viewed in person. Please post your experience of the interior/dashboard.

Elon Musk in the frunk on Twitpic
411710240.jpg

Insane trunk space on Twitpic
411685789.jpg

Huge dashboard UI on Twitpic
411723449.jpg

Looks like a faux wood veneer, I think I skimmed somewhere "banana leaf". It does feel rather out of place. My guess is those are exchangeable inserts with a variety of options.
I agree. Although I can not attend, I believe the interior (more so than the exterior) needs to be viewed in person. Please post your experience of the interior/dashboard.
My guess is the interior is not quite finalized, given the low quality renderings (compared to others we've seen from Tesla).

Looks like a faux wood veneer, I think I skimmed somewhere "banana leaf". It does feel rather out of place. My guess is those are exchangeable inserts with a variety of options.

My guess is the interior is not quite finalized, given the low quality renderings (compared to others we've seen from Tesla).

Good point.

I'm likewise not thrilled with the look of the dash. It looks like an extra large iPad was just slapped on it.

That said, I don't know how else they could get that user interface to look any better. I'm more than willing to get used to that look with all the benefits of the UI and the sweetness of the rest of the car!

Not feeling the dashboard. Is that wood?

From Tesla's website:

"The Banana Leaf option adds a rich look to the interior without the impact of deforestation. This material is the first 100% natural veneer to be made of banana plant trunk fibers."

Sounds like another "must have" option!

GSP

I'm likewise not thrilled with the look of the dash. It looks like an extra large iPad was just slapped on it.

That said, I don't know how else they could get that user interface to look any better. I'm more than willing to get used to that look with all the benefits of the UI and the sweetness of the rest of the car!

I like it. I'd much rather have all the usable space on the screen rather than have it less square. I think it looks great.