Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone picking up their car at the Montreal event received paperwork? I have left a few messages ini Toronto and in California and nobody has called me back to give me any indication. I have an insanely busy work day tomorrow and if they want a certified check they need to get me the final amounts asap! just wondering if it is all Montreal or just me.

I can't believe what a mess this has become for those waiting for their cars. If this was any other company other than Tesla I'm sure a lot of people would have given up on the poor (non existent?) service and moved on to something else. But we all want this car and pretty much have no choice - so frustrating. No bother even complaining to anyone at Tesla - it seems nobody is home...

I've got final paperwork but no financing piece attached. Just fired an email off to autofinance@ to find out what is going on. Jon mentioned that he suspects the US-based financing team has been redirected to handle all Canadian financing arrangements as of yesterday. A bit late in the game if you ask me!

Paperwork email just arrrived. The game is afoot...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that was easy. I can confirm the BC EV Credit is applied in the paperwork directly, so nothing extra will be needed as far as that goes. Now going out to brave the snow in my trusty old Acura (likely the last run with the old gal) to get the monies lined up before tomorrow...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that was easy. I can confirm the BC EV Credit is applied in the paperwork directly, so nothing extra will be needed as far as that goes. Now going out to brave the snow in my trusty old Acura (likely the last run with the old gal) to get the monies lined up before tomorrow...

Yeah I only put $5 of gas in my Lincoln when I "fill it" at this point :)

- - - Updated - - -

Lucky you! Great to know they did not screw up the BC rebate for us!

I am still waiting, waiting, waiting!!! I pinged Jon, and he said any minute. That was four hours ago.... tap, tap, tap goes the foot. :confused:

We are also snowed in on Salt Spring. Hope to get off the island and to the city by this afternoon. My snow tires and the Model S are going to get an immediate work out!

The scene here, less than 24 hours until pick-up time!

IMG_2205.jpg

I've got final paperwork but no financing piece attached. Just fired an email off to autofinance@ to find out what is going on. Jon mentioned that he suspects the US-based financing team has been redirected to handle all Canadian financing arrangements as of yesterday. A bit late in the game if you ask me!

Got my financing approved via email, delivery slot moved up to 9am tomorrow. 3.99% up to 84 months offered via Scotiabank.

@stenkb, did you get delivery date (estimate) for your car to Alberta ? Just wonder how much longer the wait would be vs the Vancouver Delivery Event.
I'm scheduled to fly out tomorrow morning for a 1:00pm delivery.
Can anyone confirm whether the cars made it through the snow storms on the west coast ?

Got my financing approved via email, delivery slot moved up to 9am tomorrow. 3.99% up to 84 months offered via Scotiabank.

Hi Colin,

Fellow Canadian here. I'm wondering if the financing is offered THROUGH Tesla, or you just go straight to Scotiabank and mention you're buying a Tesla?

Thanks!

Robert

- - - Updated - - -

Would a fellow Canuck care to share what the delivery/destination charges are? So basically what charges are there on top of what you see in your Tesla profile page...

I'm wondering if the financing is offered THROUGH Tesla, or you just go straight to Scotiabank and mention you're buying a Tesla? Would a fellow Canuck care to share what the delivery/destination charges are? So basically what charges are there on top of what you see in your Tesla profile page...

The financing is arranged through Tesla's credit team with Scotiabank. The application you fill out is clearly a Scotia document. I haven't seen the full final paperwork yet though - the approval, rate and term options were communicated through email. I suspect they are running a bit fast and loose at the moment. The costs for the Model S Signature with Pano roof and Paint Armour breakdown as follows:

+ Base Price: 103,600
+ Optional Extras: 2,600
= Total Sale Price: 106,200
+ Personal Delivery: 990.00
+ Federal A/C Tax: 100.00
+ Final Inspection, Prep and Coordination: 180.00
= Total Vehicle Price: 107,470.00
+ HST: 13,971.10
= Total Purchase Price: 121,441.10

Not included is the winter tires or the Ontario EV discount. I can also confirm with this blurry taking-it-while-moving-spy-shot of the Toronto Service Centre that there are cars in the country:

WP_20121219_008 (1).jpg

I called today and couldn't reach anyone at the service centre or store.
Finally got someone in the U.S. who has been helping because Hans and Jon are swamped.
She confirmed my Friday delivery and emailed directions. (Although my car hasn't arrived yet)
I was also told that they will not be deducting the rebate for any province.
She did not know about the firmware version or cubbies. Also not sure about an answer on the visor replacement.
And expected the HPWC to be about 2 months away.

As i am sitting here on Wednesday evening still waiting for my final paperwork for a Friday morning delivery I am getting excited for you people in Ontario and BC that will get delivery tomorrow. It would be great if you could post a little summary of how the delivery process went and order of events. For example, If there were 4 appointments at 9am, did they get dealt with in parallel? Or did everyone do their paperwork and then there was a joint walk through? How long did the paperwork take? How long with the walk through? Were the cars indoors? Was there any fanfare, speech or ceremony or just got down to business? Anyway, anything you can think of that would describe the event. I am very curious... Have a great time tomorrow!!!

Alert: cars being unloaded off the truck at the Montreal delivery location literally as we speak. My brother works nearby and I asked him to pass by the place on the way home and he just called me to tell me. Photos and videos to follow...

Here are some pics that he took. He told the guys that he was my brother. My car was the second one off the truck. He even took a picture of my vin lol.

y9uryha3.jpg

vusu2ysa.jpg

zypute4u.jpg

ydy8uzap.jpg

y8u6atep.jpg

y9uhe5uj.jpg

huqutyje.jpg

2uryje3e.jpg

Last edited:
Update to previous post....here are the links to the short video clips he took. What luck that my brother got there as they were unloading the first car and mine to boot! Glad he had the courage to go in and talk to the people and take pictures! Enjoy (sorry for the sometimes shaky video from the phone he had)...

Montreal Model S delivery event unloading - YouTube

Montreal model s event unloading - YouTube

Monteal model s unloading - YouTube

Model s Montreal unloading - YouTube

Montreal S delivery event unloading - YouTube

Montreal model s unloading - YouTube

Waow great catch!! Thanks for posting.

I fugure out that none of them have winter tires and we are after dec 15th... meaning that (by the law) you may need a trailer to bring your car back home or Tesla team will work during the night as they are used to, in order to have winter tire on.

Winter tire wil be a must (by the law, but even more due to weather) for those taking delivery friday afternoon.