Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Canadian Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GeorgeB told me there are roughly 150. Not all will be delivered in 2012 because not everyone is doing a delivery event. Home deliveries will happen in January. I believe roughly 120 will be delivered this month, given numbers that have been bandied about for the three delivery events.

Not everyone with a home delivery will wait until next year.

Someone here mentioned that it was after sales tax, like almost all government programs.

That is correct. See: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/electric/electric-vehicles.shtml

However, Tesla has the option of applying the incentive to the purchase price (and collecting the rebate itself - as I understand is being done in the US) or collecting the full amount and assisting the customer to collect the rebate for the customer's own account.

How do I receive my incentive? There are two ways to receive the incentive. The automobile dealer can apply the incentive at the point-of-sale and then submit the incentive application on your behalf. Alternatively, you can purchase the vehicle at full price and apply directly for the incentive by completing the application form and submitting it to the Ontario Ministry of Revenue.
The incentive is applied to the after tax value of the vehicle. In the case of a leased vehicle, the monthly principle amount will reflect the reduced cost of the vehicle.

Last edited: