Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People working for Tesla overseeing the City of Fremont?
Yes, absolutely. Texas has it right -- granting corporations the right to start their own cities. Tesla is superior to any government and certainly superior to the City of Fremont. It would be like me telling LeBron James how to play basketball. The folks in the "City of Fremont" should be following orders from Tesla, not the other way around.

I think at the very least Tesla can do is update everyone's Tesla accounts for "Estimated Delivery - April - May" or whatever. Mine still says March and it's disappointing and annoying to say the least. :confused:
Look at the bright side: at least we no longer have the mystery of whether the date is accurate or not.

NO JOKE HERE.

April one, and I am done.

Best of luck to all. HODLing my nose cone car until one of us dies...

Screenshot_20210401-163808.png

NO JOKE HERE.

April one, and I am done.

Best of luck to all. HODLing my nose cone car until one of us dies...

View attachment 650114
Sorry to see you cancel your order. While I agree with you on the lack of communication on Tesla's part (very unprofessional and demonstrates piss-poor customer service and organization), I also see the delay and wait as not exclusive to Tesla. I believe I mentioned that although this will be my first Tesla vehicle and the delay is annoying, I also mentioned that I ordered my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV in early March, 2018 and I took delivery on 12/1/2018, so I had to wait 9 months for the build, cargo ship transport, and final delivery of my vehicle. I wouldn't have done this IF I didn't have another vehicle to drive. The wait sucks but sometimes, good things are worth waiting for. 🙏 :cool: I hope this is the case with my new Tesla Model S Plaid. We'll see.

Last edited:
I am confused what the point of cancelling your order? You already paid the $100 and that is all you financially responsible for until you take delivery? Why cancel? Why not play it out?
Secondary question: on my current 2019 Model S I have free unlimited super charging, is that the same deal with Plaid?
Very important, no FUSC, stays with the car not the owner. Another reason I am keeping the car I have.

I don't fund things I don't believe in. Already HODLing in TSLA. Took enough profits last year to pay for CT trimotor.

If they delay my refund(1000, not 100) I might cancel the CT order too.

If this is true, this makes me more annoyed with elon original statement of deliveries in feb, but also not providing additional call going over specifics of the vehicle after stating he would

Well - if it was *just* issued *today*, it's likely whatever they are building/installing will take some time, I assume. It has to be significant to the point that it required approval AND took an entire month to get approved.

Folks, no one is seeing a refreshed Model S delivered well into May.

Well - if it was *just* issued *today*, it's likely whatever they are building/installing will take some time, I assume. It has to be significant to the point that it required approval AND took an entire month to get approved.

Folks, no one is seeing a refreshed Model S delivered well into May.
Could be something very simple that just needed the permit because CA requires you to permit changing a electrical socket cover. Who knows. You can tell from the other busbar permit that's out there that the S/X line wasn't a priority because of EOQ they knew they didn't have time to finish these things and just punted. Throw a fire in there priorities got changed. The busbar one has been done since first week of March but inspector couldn't find anyone to get access to the electrical. Thinking these two permits will be done in the next few days. Production will ramp 2 shifts. And two weeks from now where all those M3 were sitting will be MS and I'll get mine by end of April. Hahaha.

I am one of the least patient people I know. But I have an extra car and really desire to purchase my first ev. I have decided that I will not see delivery until June. But I will stick it out until end of June. After that, I am going back to my MB dealer and get an ev in a few years. I need a new toy. Just my nature.
Ordered my S LR December 15th. 6 months without a real update would push me to the limit.