Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there some kind of trick to actually getting insurance without a VIN or a real delivery timeline? My insurance company told me they can't do anything with coverage until there is a VIN, and I feel like this forum, and my SA have led me to believe that without the insurance part completed, I am going to drop in line to those who are "ready for delivery"...there must be something that others are doing that I am not, unless it is just the people in the 12 states that don't require insurance prior to setting up delivery are just the ones that get their cars first
If you currently have an auto insurance policy, upload your ID card on your account page.

Is there some kind of trick to actually getting insurance without a VIN or a real delivery timeline? My insurance company told me they can't do anything with coverage until there is a VIN, and I feel like this forum, and my SA have led me to believe that without the insurance part completed, I am going to drop in line to those who are "ready for delivery"...there must be something that others are doing that I am not, unless it is just the people in the 12 states that don't require insurance prior to setting up delivery are just the ones that get their cars first
It depends on state insurance rules. In NY you can use your insurance “binder” which is current vehicle insurance with other cars listed. I uploaded that as I had no vin just to check the box. Once a vin arrives I will they change to actual insurance card.

49B7A0DB-06B7-4CCD-BC73-38D8F6588190.jpeg
Seriously. This is getting out of hand.

That is awful!

My father walked into my office a bit ago and said "You know, April is almost half over. Wasn't there something that supposed to happen in April? I cannot remember. Seems like you were waiting on something?" Then laughs and walks out.
That's just not right..😬

My guess is many Tesla customers are trending younger, this is their first new car and they are "digital natives" that prefer to deal with everything via app. They don't have a history of car purchases to compare the Tesla experience to.

For anyone coming from a luxury car brand, used to spending more money and getting white glove service, the whole app-driven service is a major turn off.

So the question of the day... have my gen3 charger being delivered tmrw (good job tesla/FedEx) and my MS “right” after....
should I just leave it in the box.... maybe there will be a gen4 by the time the MS shows....
or.... install it and watch it mock me for the next x number of months....

• Funny
Reactions: Desert Dave
So the question of the day... have my gen3 charger being delivered tmrw (good job tesla/FedEx) and my MS “right” after....
should I just leave it in the box.... maybe there will be a gen4 by the time the MS shows....
or.... install it and watch it mock me for the next x number of months....

Had mine installed in February (in time for the original delivery date). Left all the foam padding on it so it would not get dirty/dinged up just sitting there. Had some work done in our garage and the guy looks at it and says "getting a Tesla... where is it? Charger looks lonely".

After waiting more then 4 year for my new roadster i ordered the model s plaid after the battery day, to replace my nearly 8 years old signature P85+ with 480.000km done.
But now, with getting the delivery of the plaid+ pushed for later and later, i now consider to get an EQS instead, if i can get it earlier then the postponed plaid+