Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those thinking about the MB EQS...looks gorgeous inside and out and > 400 mi. range and state of the art technology, BUT will likely be just as if not more expensive than the Tesla MS LR & Plaid and performance will be dismal compared with the MS with ~ 4.0-4.5 sec 0-60mph and approx 400-450HP/TQ. My Jaguar I-Pace was at least fun with 400 HP/512 lb/ft TQ, 0-60mph in 4.5 sec BUT again compared to the Tesla MS, neither the Jaguar I-Pace nor the MB EQS are in the same league as the Tesla MS in terms of performance. MB is shooting for top tier luxury and long range with the EQS and a nice segment of mostly older folks will go for it...will be very floaty and luxurious with awesome technology, but slow...not a performance sports sedan. Now, in a year or two when they add the AMG versions, we'll see how the new MB AMG EVs perform and stack up against the others but you will PAY (probably at least a $20-$30k premium over the std EQS) for such AMG performance. I think a better option for the "whole package" and balance of luxury, range, technology, and performance will be the new Lucid Air.

Reactions: Arpe
For anyone coming from a luxury car brand, used to spending more money and getting white glove service, the whole app-driven service is a major turn off.
The issue is not that the primary point of contact is an app--its that the app does not seem to be connected anything. Crappy customer experience is crappy customer experience regardless of if it's via app, telephone of F2F.

For those thinking about the MB EQS...looks gorgeous inside and out and > 400 mi. range and state of the art technology, BUT will likely be just as if not more expensive than the Tesla MS LR & Plaid and performance will be dismal compared with the MS with ~ 4.0-4.5 sec 0-60mph and approx 400-450HP/TQ. My Jaguar I-Pace was at least fun with 400 HP/512 lb/ft TQ, 0-60mph in 4.5 sec BUT again compared to the Tesla MS, neither the Jaguar I-Pace nor the MB EQS are in the same league as the Tesla MS in terms of performance. MB is shooting for top tier luxury and long range with the EQS and a nice segment of mostly older folks will go for it...will be very floaty and luxurious with awesome technology, but slow...not a performance sports sedan. Now, in a year or two when they add the AMG versions, we'll see how the new MB AMG EVs perform and stack up against the others but you will PAY (probably at least a $20-$30k premium over the std EQS) for such AMG performance. I think a better option for the "whole package" and balance of luxury, range, technology, and performance will be the new Lucid Air.
I know we are way off-topic here, but there is so little ontopic... What is the advantage of the Lucid Air over a Mercedes like this? I think this has been my main concern with Lucid's business approach. People were worried about Tesla running into experienced competition and it never happened.

But now isn't Lucid trying to launch a Mercedes competitor at a time when Mercedes is also launching its first great EVs?

I know we are way off-topic here, but there is so little ontopic... What is the advantage of the Lucid Air over a Mercedes like this? I think this has been my main concern with Lucid's business approach. People were worried about Tesla running into experienced competition and it never happened.

But now isn't Lucid trying to launch a Mercedes competitor at a time when Mercedes is also launching its first great EVs?
Research and you decide. I think the Lucid Air (GT & Dream Ed) have it all; the Lucid Air GT has beautiful curves and style, 800HP/TQ for GT / > 1000 HP/TQ for Dream Ed, high quality luxury, state of the art technology, range > 500 mi.max battery range, and performance (GT & Dream Ed). Audi E-Tron GT vs. Lucid Air, Tesla Model S and Porsche Taycan: Performance EVs compared Lucid is also coming out with their follow up SUV EV, the Lucid Gravity EV.

Research and you decide. I think the Lucid Air (GT & Dream Ed) have it all; the Lucid Air GT has beautiful curves and style, 800HP/TQ for GT / > 1000 HP/TQ for Dream Ed, high quality luxury, state of the art technology, range > 500 mi.max battery range, and performance (GT & Dream Ed). Audi E-Tron GT vs. Lucid Air, Tesla Model S and Porsche Taycan: Performance EVs compared Lucid is also coming out with their follow up SUV EV, the Lucid Gravity EV.
I think it is awesome that we are past the Highlander "there can be only one" phase of EV market evolution and we can now have multiple, differentiated options in a segment. There have been multiple $100K+ ICE performance sedans for years and no one questions if MB, BMW, Jag, Austin Martin, Porsche etc should be selling cars or be ceding the market to someone else. I saw @sflgator earlier comment and thought, true, for some, the performance will always be the bottom line, but I am sure there are a significant number of (not necessarily old) buyers who would happily trade a second of 0-60 time for more range, better build quality, or simply the ability to call the service department and have someone pick up the phone.

My Gen 3 has been mocking me for two months now...twinkling its little green eye at me every time I enter and exit the garage.
These all sitting outside my office door are mocking me haha

20210412_172848.jpg

Given what Tesla did to its solar roof purchasers, I fully expect Tesla to inform me soon that the price of the car I purchased is being increased by tens of thousands of dollars and will be delivered "soon" when I agree to the increased price. These people are scum.