Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know that Tesla is hard at work doing important software upgrades for our cars.....NOT:

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
1147 here. Talked to my SA. He looked at some data base or was bullshitting I don’t know but said delivery June/July with all others who ordered earlier.
I think the July estimate is given conservatively to everyone... I think some of you will start seeing deliveries by end of May and most by end of Q2

I got this today from Tesla Bloomington Illinois, I ordered a LR on day of announcement and have no delivery date just a they will reach out when ready for delivery. The person who text me is the delivery/operations guy and he stated this says 10-14 weeks but he's looking at late May more likely June for my delivery.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 5.57.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 5.57.40 PM.png
    196 KB · Views: 74
I got this today from Tesla Bloomington Illinois, I ordered a LR on day of announcement and have no delivery date just a they will reach out when ready for delivery. The person who text me is the delivery/operations guy and he stated this says 10-14 weeks but he's looking at late May more likely June for my delivery.
I love how the timing is always 10-14 weeks. I suspect 10-14 weeks from now, it will be 10-14 weeks. And you do agree to a price increase of $20,000 to cover increased costs of parts, right?

New text two minutes ago:

Tesla Order Support - Update - We are currently waiting for a VIN to be assigned from the Factory. In the meantime, please take a moment to explore charging accessories/options on our Tesla Shop for your new Tesla. Tesla | Charging Questions? Reply to this text, or call us directly <the usual number>

Same. Lol I can't believe they are stupid enough to send this. I actually got one for solar, slightly different than yours.

Reactions: ATX-Tesl@
But of course, according to this board’s lawyers, it is totally legal to lie about when you expect to deliver your car to entice customers to buy your car instead of a competitor’s. The trick is just to include language in the sales agreement saying that an estimate is not a guarantee.
Looks like a tesla with a more "busy" dashboard. We will see where the performance numbers land. God help Tesla if EQS can hit a delivery date. 🤣

For those thinking about the MB EQS...looks gorgeous inside and out and > 400 mi. range and state of the art technology, BUT will likely be just as if not more expensive than the Tesla MS LR & Plaid and performance will be dismal compared with the MS with ~ 4.0-4.5 sec 0-60mph and approx 400-450HP/TQ. My Jaguar I-Pace was at least fun with 400 HP/512 lb/ft TQ, 0-60mph in 4.5 sec BUT again compared to the Tesla MS, neither the Jaguar I-Pace nor the MB EQS are in the same league as the Tesla MS in terms of performance. MB is shooting for top tier luxury and long range with the EQS and a nice segment of mostly older folks will go for it...will be very floaty and luxurious with awesome technology, but slow...not a performance sports sedan. Now, in a year or two when they add the AMG versions, we'll see how the new MB AMG EVs perform and stack up against the others but you will PAY (probably at least a $20-$30k premium over the std EQS) for such AMG performance. I think a better option for the "whole package" and balance of luxury, range, technology, and performance will be the new Lucid Air.
I read somewhere base price of the smaller battery version, without any upgrades, is $110,000.00

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
I read somewhere base price of the smaller battery version, without any upgrades, is $110,000.00
Reveal of the MB EQS is this Thursday I believe so we'll all find out, but I wouldn't doubt it. Imagine what an AMG version with some actual decent performance will be...$150k base and like $180k w/ options? Don't get me wrong, I love MB and AMG in particular...I had one...loved my AMG and it was virtually trouble-free for 93k mi. but I would imagine that MB is taking their high-end EV very seriously and will demand a high price for them. I'll pass on the EQS with the lux only focus; AMG would be the only way to entice me over to an MB EV with some competitive performance as well as all the luxury, quality, max battery range > 350 mi and state of the art technology. FWIW -- I had a deposit on a FULLY LOADED Lucid Air GT with 800 HP/TQ and all the luxury, quality, performance, high technology and max range > 500 mi...with the tax credit, it was a few thousand LESS than my Tesla MS Plaid in cost. Cancelled my deposit in lieu of the Tesla Model S Plaid...for now. Personally, I want to wait 2-3 years to see how things go with Lucid and how well the Lucid Air is received, what the reviews are, driver experiences with the vehicle and brand new auto manufacturer, and what the residual values are after a couple years; at least with Tesla, we already know what we're getting. ;)

Last edited:
New text two minutes ago:

Tesla Order Support - Update - We are currently waiting for a VIN to be assigned from the Factory. In the meantime, please take a moment to explore charging accessories/options on our Tesla Shop for your new Tesla. Tesla | Charging Questions? Reply to this text, or call us directly <the usual number>
What happened to the folks from the Reddit post a few days ago? Tesla Indianapolis customers getting VIN numbers 🤔.

My father walked into my office a bit ago and said "You know, April is almost half over. Wasn't there something that supposed to happen in April? I cannot remember. Seems like you were waiting on something?" Then laughs and walks out.
My father and I both ordered MS. This will be his first EV so obviously his first experience with Tesla. If I wasn’t in the picture to hold his hand through the process, he definitely would have canceled at the end of March. Tesla’s way of doing things doesn’t always sit well with those coming from BMW and MB.

What happened to the folks from the Reddit post a few days ago? Tesla Indianapolis customers getting VIN numbers 🤔.
Fake news. Haha. Something for the crap non investigative news outlets to drone on about. They can't produce, Fremont has permits out that have to be closed before they can light up whatever part of the line it is. Idk why nobody's picked that up. Maybe I should just bot out twitter and say on every post. What about these permits??!?!!?!!!? :D

Reveal of the MB EQS is this Thursday I believe so we'll all find out, but I wouldn't doubt it. Imagine what an AMG version with some actual decent performance will be...$150k base and like $180k w/ options? Don't get me wrong, I love MB and AMG in particular...I had one...loved my AMG and it was virtually trouble-free for 93k mi. but I would imagine that MB is taking their high-end EV very seriously and will demand a high price for them. I'll pass on the EQS with the lux only focus; AMG would be the only way to entice me over to an MB EV with some competitive performance as well as all the luxury, quality, max battery range > 350 mi and state of the art technology. FWIW -- I had a deposit on a FULLY LOADED Lucid Air GT with 800 HP/TQ and all the luxury, quality, performance, high technology and max range > 500 mi...with the tax credit, it was a few thousand LESS than my Tesla MS Plaid in cost. Cancelled my deposit in lieu of the Tesla Model S Plaid...for now. Personally, I want to wait 2-3 years to see how things go with Lucid and how well the Lucid Air is received, what the reviews are, driver experiences with the vehicle and brand new auto manufacturer, and what the residual values are after a couple years; at least with Tesla, we already know what we're getting. ;)
Why do you have any expectation that AMG can do anything with an EV?

My father and I both ordered MS. This will be his first EV so obviously his first experience with Tesla. If I wasn’t in the picture to hold his hand through the process, he definitely would have canceled at the end of March. Tesla’s way of doing things doesn’t always sit well with those coming from BMW and MB.
I don't think Tesla's way of doing things would sit well with those coming from Kia or Hyundai. Tesla's way of doing things is unprofessional and dishonest. Still, I'm waiting for my Model S because (I hope) the outstanding technology outweighs the outrageous behavior.

Is there anything that can come out of Elin's mouth on April 26th that would be believable on delivery and make you feel better?

If he flat out says that it was delayed because reason "x" and a reassurance on the new timeline with some detail.

Look, the bottom line is that the cars are ****ing legit and ahead of the competition in most aspects and that's why we are all here. I had to wait like 2 years to drive the model 3 and as soon as I put my foot on the accelerator of that thing I knew it was the best car for the price bar none.

I have no doubts the model S will be better than any other $80k car. No doubts. Even if some of the *sugar* is annoying or if it has bugs.

Last edited: