Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not just a Tesla fan - but frankly the EQS looks are not to my taste - a little too big and the shape not exactly i would feel is right for me...but good to see that its coming to the market...and delivery is ‘summer’ - which knowing MB could be really September —- lets just hope the new Model S is shipping well before then so we can get a real comparison.

I do like the passenger-side display.

Other than that, I prefer everything about what we've seen about the refreshed Model S. At a gut level, I don't like the interior design of the EQS. I prefer the much sleeker aesthetic of the refreshed Model S.

Well, the same guy has said more about various cryptocurrencies than the model s for basically any time period. I love my model s, but the company has truly an epic failure in how it communicates.

Why do you think Elon fired the entire PR department? It must be impossible to work with someone like him as CEO.

A verified user on Twitter asked about the delay and no response. Pretty safe to say deliveries are NOT imminent.

A verified user! Posting from Mt Twitter to us lowly mortals? Praise Be Unto Him! :rolleyes:

Bless the Blue Check and His water.
Bless the coming and going of Him.
May His passage cleanse the world.
May He keep the world for His people.

Reactions: cascadilla
How do I change my color from white to black? I cannot see an edit button anywhere in my Tesla account. The picture from yesterday got me.
Bad choice for so many reasons:

1. Absorbs heat and results in much greater thermal gain, all of which requires energy to remove, which shortens range.

2. Used to be the standard color at Tesla, but they fortunately got smarter: shows every frigin' scratch, blemish, and other imperfection--will look old and beat up well before its time.

3. IIRC, black cars tend to have higher accident rates due to being harder to notice/see in low vis conditions.

Stay with your first choice.

1. Absorbs heat and results in much greater thermal gain, all of which requires energy to remove, which shortens range.

2. Used to be the standard color at Tesla, but they fortunately got smarter: shows every frigin' scratch, blemish, and other imperfection--will look old and beat up well before its time.

3. IIRC, black cars tend to have higher accident rates due to being harder to notice/see in low vis conditions.

And who are you to give someone advice on their color choice? Its a personal decision and good and bad can be thought of all. If someone is spending $100k for a car, they should get what they want the most.

And who are you to give someone advice on their color choice? Its a personal decision and good and bad can be thought of all. If someone is spending $100k for a car, they should get what they want the most.
I look at it as @TSLA Pilot helping @Moose57 to rationalize not changing. There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't want to make a change. It's hard when we can't really see what it looks like in real life.

1. Has anyone quantified that to be anything more than insignificant? Live in SoCal, and range is fine and am dubious that I have been impacted in any notable way.
2. My '17 OBM is still gorgeous. The entire front has PPF so no swirls and the rest of the car is in fine shape as I am the only one that washes it. Some very minor swirls. Only noticeable in direct sunlight and from less than a foot away.
3. I'll grant you that one based on low visibility conditions caveat.

All that being said, I'm never buying black again. :) But would never tell anyone that it was a bad choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I look at it as @TSLA Pilot helping @Moose57 to rationalize not changing. There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't want to make a change. It's hard when we can't really see what it looks like in real life.
Agree that post was intended to be helpful. However, to your last point, there are no new colors for the refresh. You can see an S, 3, X or Y in real life with the same colors that are being offered for the refresh.

Agree that post was intended to be helpful. However, to your last point, there are no new colors for the refresh. You can see an S, 3, X or Y in real life with the same colors that are being offered for the refresh.
I'd like to see the interior color config's in-person. The way they've wrapped the white into the lower-half of the front dash is different from prior model years. Honestly, I'd almost prefer if only the seats were white based only on the online pics. But that stuff always 'feels' different in-person.

Jumping into this fray with zero knowledge, BUT I live in Vista, CA and a few hours ago I passed by an auto hauler loaded with new Tesla X and S cars. I presume they are new because at least the Model S's had the front license frame mounted. I pass this on because the hauler was just a few blocks away from the Carlsbad, CA Tesla Service/Delivery Center and headed their way. No pics.

Reactions: petergy
Jumping into this fray with zero knowledge, BUT I live in Vista, CA and a few hours ago I passed by an auto hauler loaded with new Tesla X and S cars. I presume they are new because at least the Model S's had the front license frame mounted. I pass this on because the hauler was just a few blocks away from the Carlsbad, CA Tesla Service/Delivery Center and headed their way. No pics.
Make the short drive there and grab a few pics before they’re gone!

Promise?

I'm going to say, zero percent chance they were new.

Reactions: aerodyne
Indeed, I took delivery of my S on 12/27/2018, and it was built in 11/2018, still considered a 2018 model year.
Yeah, I had the same situation with 2017, Dec pick up and it was a 2017. But during the last year or maybe 2, they have started earlier (November as posted above).

I know it is wishful thinking, but I thought the logic was that they already had pre refresh 2021s delivered late last year and maybe very early this year. So a new look should be a new year... but I get that is not the norm for Tesla. But I am sticking with fingers crossed high hopes position for an early 2022. :)

Reactions: Drew-MS

If you could see the front plate and no wrapping, they were not new

Reactions: elguapo
Silver handles or black handles?